It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
A simple question: "So what are the differences between this and the original Darkfall?"
How do you answer that when you're trying to get people to come back to Darkfall: UW?
I don't really know where to start, so I thought maybe we should all compile a list of new features that has been confirmed by AV.
- New motion-capture animations
- New character models
- Revamped world, new textures
- New dynamic light system
- Plethora of new and revamped item skins
* New sound system
* New Crafting System (including recycling system?)
* Introduction of market (auction house)
* Newbies start the game cut-off from the world during their tutorial while they familiarize themselves with the game.
- Role System - You can pick (and change whenever you want) a basic role for your character, for example, Warrior, Mage, Skirmisher. These "roles" will define what armor you will be allowed to wear. Different roles will provide different bonuses or penalties towards different armor types (heavy, medium, light).
- Specialization System - You can no longer be jack of all trades, master of everything. You will have to specialize in certain discipline, or disciplines. For example, you can choose to specialize in Water Magic as your primary and Earth magic as your secondary discipline. This is different then having Earth as your primary and water as secondary.
Furthermore, opposite schools will lock one another, so if you pick Fire, you can not pick Water at the same time, or if you pick earth, you can not pick air at the same time.
There are many specs to chose from, including a "healer" spec for example.
It's important to note that you can switch between specs by talking to NPCs. This also means that you can still master/level everything in the game, but you can only use certain amount of abilities at any one time. This will make it so new players can quickly and easily develop their character in a certain spec and be just as effective as every veteran, while at the same time, veterans that put more time into developing their character can switch back and forth the specs if the chose to develop more than a single spec.
- Resource Monoliths, where people get rare materials for controlling an area
- Momentum mechanics?
- Wobble mechanics?
* Territory control by linking player villages and player Cities.
* Features to make battle preparation easy and intuitive
* More features that reduce downtime after death, including limbo system.
* New GUI!
- New network code (no load lag)
- New crafting system
- Market place trading hubs added to racial citys
- Ship combat improved
- Citys/Hamlets/Villages redesigned, relocated and renamed.
- Full world redesign NPC/Chaos Citys included (based off the shape Darkfall 1 map had)
- Market trade hubs will be local only (you can see all items globally, but you'll need to go to the right one to pick up the items)
A few things missing from that thread atm...
- Land Fortresses
- New epic world boss mobs
- Revamped dungeons, traps, tierd system where you unlock new levels inside eventually leading to a boss
- Multi-core support (More FPS for you)
The armor system has been totally revamped..
Orginal posts from darkfall online forums (added few points from the comments)
I do not take credit for this post, just wanted to spread the word!