Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And trade post is down again...

2»

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by lifeordinary
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by Saydien

People should really stop seeing this "no subscription fee" as a viable excuse for flaws in the game. It's just like with every other service that is promised. Just because you pay for it by microtransactions and box price does not cut them any slack there. Just like with sub-based games they better should deliver. The standards should be the same.

To be fair. 'GW2 has no sub fee'  line has been used both to trash the game as well as praise it to the ninth heaven. This is a tool which changes according the situation that is more convenienet. 

Exactly, at least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate this bullshit and leave.  With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will.

While you are lubing up, you guys can read this article. Remembering the Launch.

WOW was 8 years ago...i personaly don't even care anymore.

So lets dig up stuff from less than a year ago. How about D3, TSW, or even Tera. All these titles had problems on launch and still have them. If you don't care about the past, then you will have problems now and in the future.

You need another hobby that doesn't have as many moving parts! 

Did i say i need another hobby? and yes i don't care what happened 8 years ago. Who are you again to patronize me may i ask? and what is this obsession of WOW that you keep injecting in every post?

I dont have any problems with present or future...its your own projection of something i never said.

It was like one or two other posts with WoW in them. I'm using WoW because it is the benchmark most players go by because millions of  foks play it. /shrug 

Nope, I suggested you need another hobby. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Been down since yesterday. Guess some serious issue has plagued TP once again. I was just starting to get used to it.  ,)

Trade Post in GW2 is such a tease.

Strange it seemed to be working excellently all week. My "tinfoil hat" theory is this downtime has nothing to do with an actual physical problem with the TP but A-net trying to get some of he "sploited" items off the market as the naked teleporting gold farming zerg army has been pretty busy this last week.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    I eagerly await it coming back online...been wanting to buy things all night.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Ikeda

I've played EVERY triple AAA mmo thats been released since EQ1, not one of them has had this big of an issue with keeping an AH open.  Have others had much more severe problems.  Yes, far and away yes, but keeping an auction house open?

Oh great a glorious gamer, how many of those many awesome AAA MMO's that you don't play anymore have had a cross server AH that consisted both of an AH and the ability to perform RMT as well as linking the entirety of all game servers into one convenient location?  None?  Stop your whining they tried something new, it may or may not be working for them.

Every innovation has a few duds but not trying to innovate and you people would be complaining about that.  What's worse is ATLEAST they are trying to fix their issues promptly.  More than I can say than some games.  

And adding the part about playing games since EQ1 just shows how young and inexperienced you are.  Not a good reference.

Young an inexperienced?  The point of referencing EQ1 was to show ive played literally every triple a mmo thats come out since then.  But, i'm glad you like to read into comments and put your own meaning into other people's words.

As for them trying to fix it?  They're sure doing a piss poor job of it.  I will give them credit on the cross server part of it being difficult, but again, these are SIMPLE issues.  Its all a matter of hardware.  If the thing keeps going down its not because its coded improperly or something like that, its because the database server is getting overloaded.  Its that simple. UPGRADE IT, AMAZING, problem solved.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• the number of issues in game is just unreal. every day that goes by Anet drops a notch in my book. i still love the game, but they really need to take some heads out of some asses and do something.
  • roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Oe noes!

Mah game that has no subscription fee is inconveniencing me! sob sob sob!

Dont be stupid . The trading post is an important part of the game . It should be up and running most of the time whether theres subscription fees or not . Its pathetic to put "sob sob sob" at the end of your post it just makes you look sad and immature .

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by stevebmbsqd
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

[mod edit]

because a fully cross server auction house with millions of transactions going on is just as easy to handle as a single server one with a couple thousand transactions.. please..

I do believe they stated they wouldn't release until it was ready. There really isn't an excuse. Maybe they should have done a real beta test. We are almost a full month in. I don't understand your undying fandom. The game had its high points, but AN deserves a lot of the criticism it is getting.

have you ever worked on computer servers with millions connecting? You honestly think you can ever test or predict every issue that may arise within millions of lines of code...honestly yes it being down sucks but its an inconvienence and it really seems many here have never played a popular MMO at launch month before

Which is why they needed to do an actual beta test with large quantities of people and not just the BWE's that they had. There is a reason most companies do this. I realize how complex an MMO is, but again, they should not get a free pass. This only encourages companies to release incomplete products. You seem to get upset at people who present any form of criticism of this game to include when it is merited.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Amjoco To tag on here a bit, even WoW is down almost every Tuesday for maintenance but no one gets on here to start a thread for it.  We get it, the game isn't perfect, but there are literally hundreds of things to do while the TP is down. /shrug  
    Maybe because GW2 is more popular? so more players and more threads about everything that is GW2? atleast people are talking.
    This is too much of a fanboy quote. There are better and much more fun things to do than sit around with TP open waiting for your stuff to sell. Go explore, go level an alt.
  • evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Ikeda

I've played EVERY triple AAA mmo thats been released since EQ1, not one of them has had this big of an issue with keeping an AH open.  Have others had much more severe problems.  Yes, far and away yes, but keeping an auction house open?

Oh great a glorious gamer, how many of those many awesome AAA MMO's that you don't play anymore have had a cross server AH that consisted both of an AH and the ability to perform RMT as well as linking the entirety of all game servers into one convenient location?  None?  Stop your whining they tried something new, it may or may not be working for them.

Every innovation has a few duds but not trying to innovate and you people would be complaining about that.  What's worse is ATLEAST they are trying to fix their issues promptly.  More than I can say than some games.  

And adding the part about playing games since EQ1 just shows how young and inexperienced you are.  Not a good reference.

If I go into a restauraunt and buy a taco and it tastes like shit, I don't want the manager to come out and explain to me that somebody shit in the taco meat. I just want the problem resolved. Everyone is acting like this one server blah blah is some sort of credit to arenanet for trying something new. They wouldn't be trying the one server tech if there wasn't a cost savings in it for them. So far it is a shortcoming and they are having a hard time making it work reliably. That's no credit to them, sounds like somebody shit in the taco meat.

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    The  TP being down has really affected the economy on my servers. Not to mention that most people barely have enough for their master skill book. With the TP offline it can be difficult to make money. But there are a number of issues anet needs to deal with like broken skill points (looking at you Bayt) for instance, so this is pretty much expected. 
  • SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

Not having the trading post does suck, but I'm more concerned about all the broken PE's, skill challenges and stuff in the level 70-75 zone atm. I want to get my 100% completion!!

Servers need a reboot, IMO.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

[mod edit]

because a fully cross server auction house with millions of transactions going on is just as easy to handle as a single server one with a couple thousand transactions.. please..

I do believe they stated they wouldn't release until it was ready. There really isn't an excuse. Maybe they should have done a real beta test. We are almost a full month in. I don't understand your undying fandom. The game had its high points, but AN deserves a lot of the criticism it is getting.

have you ever worked on computer servers with millions connecting? You honestly think you can ever test or predict every issue that may arise within millions of lines of code...honestly yes it being down sucks but its an inconvienence and it really seems many here have never played a popular MMO at launch month before

Which is why they needed to do an actual beta test with large quantities of people and not just the BWE's that they had. There is a reason most companies do this. I realize how complex an MMO is, but again, they should not get a free pass. This only encourages companies to release incomplete products. You seem to get upset at people who present any form of criticism of this game to include when it is merited.

Youre right, most companies do open beta testing. It works so well. I mean we all know every one of those games has launched without a whole bunch of game breaking bugs that last weeks and months on end. I mean, just look at WAR. They did extensive betas. Surely it stopped them from launching without 15-20 minute delays in mail, bad performance, bad lag, bugged skills, bugged pets, had all 6 racial cities, had all classes live in-game, servers didnt crash whenever fort battles got too populated, scenario queues worked like a charm, stealth wasnt broken, classes were decently balanced.... oh wait. None of that ever happened. Hell half of those problems, and many others, still exist.

The game was about as ready to release as it ever would be. Its not as if they launched the game and havent done updates and fixes. Theyre changing and improving things constantly. Sometimes those changes have unexpected effects that you cant predict. Thats the way technology works. Hell, Windows has been around for how long? Yet you still see constant bugs, crashes, security loopholes, etc and new ones pop up with every update. No form of software in the history of computers, let alone games, has ever released completely bug / glitch free or with no room for improvement.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

Ways a game can curtail in-game income and make their cash shop (where they sell currency for RLC) more attractive...

1. Find anyone breaking some "income speed-limit" working within the game's parameters, call their activity "exploiting" and publicly ban them.

2. Issue diminished returns if people are found to be farming cash, which should be considered exploiting because we say so.

3. Close the auction house intermittently.

4. Curb the "value of drops from mobs" across the board by some percentage, maybe 10-20%, panic mode 50%.

How soon til 4?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Why is it everytime something goes wrong in the game people say its because they are trying to curtail botters and hackers?

Placing restrictions on content, shutting down TP all for the sake of cheaters...please spare me.

I guess the box price is not enough to cover good server side monitor software, either that or Anet is to cheap to flip the bill.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• XtenXten Member Posts: 119

[mod edit]

They did infact launch with the tradepost. It got taken ofline the next day or so or the day after that because a issue cropped up. Testing ina closed controlled enviroment is never the same and will never yield the same results or show certain issues that a live run does. The AH is a very complex part of any mmo and i also do not remember 1 MMO that had a flawless AH up and running from day one.

Look at the more recent release of TWS which got its AH the second month in. It was a total non functioning mess but it was up as promised and cause even more frustration and anger because people where actually losing items and money because of this failing system. Better to concede and take it down.

The fact that they tried and actually had it up and running on day 1 was surprising to me tbh even though i already heard that they planned on it. I was equally unsurprised when they had to take it down.

They tried

Concluded that it was in everyones best interest to take it down

Considering the reasoning i see no reason to kick and scream like a good self entitlted customer.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I don't blame ANet for trying something new, neither that it did not work out yet (if ever), neither for fighting RMT, but i do blame them for cutting well established trade tools out and leaving you stranded with a single point of failure solution which does not work. Especially to work it out now - after a way to limited and small beta.

Thats two errors for which there is no excuse.

COD via mail? Negative
    Stand next to each other to exchagne goods? Negative
    Playershops? Negative

I don't need an AH, neither cross server i can play just fine without it. But i may want to ocassionaly trade_, sell, buy goods.

It's no viable option to send mail goods in good faith between accounts, hoping you don't get the bot scammer on you.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Down as intended.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Trade post came back uop yesterday evenimng and has been up since.

Damn Arenanet not only was there a bug in a MMO feature but they had the audacity to take that feature offline and not put it back up until it was working correctly. The nerve of a company like that

I miss DAoC

• dariuszpdariuszp Member Posts: 182
    ANet is victim of their own success. Currently game is even more popular than WoW (in terms of players on xfire and similar systems). And trade post is global thing if I remember for all servers. Too much traffic. 
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

Ways a game can curtail in-game income and make their cash shop (where they sell currency for RLC) more attractive...

1. Find anyone breaking some "income speed-limit" working within the game's parameters, call their activity "exploiting" and publicly ban them.

2. Issue diminished returns if people are found to be farming cash, which should be considered exploiting because we say so.

4. Curb the "value of drops from mobs" across the board by some percentage, maybe 10-20%, panic mode 50%.

How soon til 4?

1. People were publicly banned for exploiting an issue with certain vendors allowing them to buy goods priced at like 1/1000 of the price they should have been and exploiting it to make tons of money. They werent banned for simply "making money" in a legitimate way.

2. Nothing about diminishing returns stops you from farming cash. It only stops you from sitting in one area farming those mobs / events over and over. Move to another area, its very simple. Ive made over 10G in the past 2 days between my level 40-50ish toons. Theres nothing stopping you from making money besides your own stubborness and insisting on staying in 1 spot.

3. Intermittenetly? It went down once since its initial problems at launch which had it down for awhile. Since then its been up and running mostly smoothly until this recent downtime.

4. About as ridiculous as your clueless assumptions about 1-3.

BTW. Their currency exchange was also down, not just the normal TP. How exactly are they going to make money off of their currency exchange when nobody can use it? Baseless tinfoil hat theories FTW!

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

Yay..it is back. on . Finally.

Let us see how long it stays up this time ;) time to get my gold from TP. Damn i am broke.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

How soon til 4?

1. People were publicly banned for exploiting an issue with certain vendors allowing them to buy goods priced at like 1/1000 of the price they should have been and exploiting it to make tons of money. They werent banned for simply "making money" in a legitimate way.

2. Nothing about diminishing returns stops you from farming cash. It only stops you from sitting in one area farming those mobs / events over and over. Move to another area, its very simple. Ive made over 10G in the past 2 days between my level 40-50ish toons. Theres nothing stopping you from making money besides your own stubborness and insisting on staying in 1 spot.

3. Intermittenetly? It went down once since its initial problems at launch which had it down for awhile. Since then its been up and running mostly smoothly until this recent downtime.

4. About as ridiculous as your clueless assumptions about 1-3.

BTW. Their currency exchange was also down, not just the normal TP. How exactly are they going to make money off of their currency exchange when nobody can use it? Baseless tinfoil hat theories FTW!

According to Anet numbers 4000 players bought close to 1.5 million weapons at discount, that is 300 weapons average per player. Clearly buying 300 of these weapons was just a honest mistake.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders