Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play our way, or don't play...

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Exactly who benefits from these changes?
    I logged in to check the value of gems vs gold, but it's down

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by PieRad

I got the full set from Citadel of Flame, full set and 2 weps, that's 2160 tokens, and I got them all from running 1 path just about 100 times.

Whew

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by StanlyStanko
    Originally posted by PieRad

I got the full set from Citadel of Flame, full set and 2 weps, that's 2160 tokens, and I got them all from running 1 path just about 100 times.

Whew

I remember that avatar from the Eve forums.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Exactly who benefits from these changes? The only ones I can think of are players who buy gems since the trade value of gold will go up now.

Before this change gem prices were steadily increasing. Remember, correlation does not equate to causation. And since the gem to gold ratio is based on supply and demand you may see a spike with speculation, but it will quickly fall after the market evens itself out.

The benefit these changes have is on the game as a whole. You guys are only looking at one side of the picture, the person directly affected. What happens when everyone starts only farming for gold using 10min dungeon runs? What happens to prices? How do new players catch up? Etc Etc

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Bjelar

Anyone who don't like the changes, should suggest how else to stop people from afk-ing their way through the game. Or do you consider that "my way of playing" too?

What happened to this "we have live team" where is it ? are they  taking care of problems? what happened to it ? was it a lie,theres no such thing ? or there is but its 1 person.

I dont see anyone posting any examples that some GM taking care of even one botter ,sploiter etc.

Let's internet

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    To sum it up: GW2 was born on 25-Aug-2012 and murdered on 17-Sep-2012. R.I.P. Was a fun ride while it lasted.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by wowfan1996
    To sum it up: GW2 was born on 25-Aug-2012 and murdered on 17-Sep-2012. R.I.P. Was a fun ride while it lasted.

It was you Gabriel who murdered it

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain

We know how you feel. - ArenaNet

Oderint, dum metuant.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Volkon

I bet they don't.

"One shot, one kill." - Unreal Tournament

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by xpiher

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Exactly who benefits from these changes? The only ones I can think of are players who buy gems since the trade value of gold will go up now.

Before this change gem prices were steadily increasing. Remember, correlation does not equate to causation. And since the gem to gold ratio is based on supply and demand you may see a spike with speculation, but it will quickly fall after the market evens itself out.

The benefit these changes have is on the game as a whole. You guys are only looking at one side of the picture, the person directly affected. What happens when everyone starts only farming for gold using 10min dungeon runs? What happens to prices? How do new players catch up? Etc Etc

There is more to this than just dungeon runs, but you seem stuck on that point exclusively. 

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Not really - I like the fact you haven't played the game, give NO constructive comments and are a general troll - It is nice to have an ignore list.

I bet they don't.

Poor little fella. You're trying too hard.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

There are plenty of things wrong with GW2. But truthfully, this isn't one of them.

Anyone crying about this change are the same people that grind one thing in a game to death and then quit a month later because they're bored. Sometimes you HAVE to force gamers to do something else both for their sake and for the sake of the game. Yes, everytime this happens certain players will revolt with the "Don't tell me how to play!" line (seriously I can't count how many times on how many MMOs I've heard this phrase, it is that old and overused).

The biggest mistake GW2 made in this was not having the common sense to see this before hand. How did they not see this is what players would do before they launched the game? It is testing 101; what will players do to get the highest rate of returns? They should have seen this coming and had the restriction in place at launch. However, they should have hidden the restriction the way many MMOs do, because let's face it, often times gamers can be tricked easily. So they should have had low returns on the dungeons/DEs, but then added a completed for the first time today bonus that made them really worth it. That would have players out running the different dungeons and DEs to get all of the bonuses, instead of feeling like they were losing out on the normal rate.

It is the difference between FF and WoW. One puts in the "If you are rested (from not playing for a while) you get a bonus to your earned XP for a period of time". The other did "After playing X amount of time you get a reduced rate of XP". They are essentially IDENTICAL systems. Yet gamers praise the first and despise the second. It is all in the presentation. Call something a bonus and gamers love it, call it a penalty and they hate it.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I bet they don't.

Man..how do you guys do it? bash WOW in one psot and defend GW2 in second? i mean do you even realise the irony here when you call him out a 'troll' or try to hint towards it? do guys ever stop to think that? it blows my mind really how some people are oblivious to the double standards and their own hypocricy? 'yeah he trying too hard'..have you seen your own psoting history lately..jeez!!

I mean i don't agree with wowfan and his style of posting but i don't see how you are any better than him?

• BlaadBlaad Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

Umm how is running events in the same zone considered farming?

Really, that doesn't even matter as far as I am concerned.  What's wrong with a regular player farming in the first place?  I say nothing.   ArenaNet Management was runniing NCsoft West when Aion was released and they ran that game right into the dirt. They will do the same with GW2.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

There is this broken bridge in the NW part of Kessex Hills that gets attacked by centaurs every 10 minutes or so. I hadn't been there for a while but I went through there mining and gathering yesterday. I got there in between attacks and saw about 30 characters there botting... spamming their favorite AOE skill at nothing in particular... at the spot where the centaurs would eventually appear....

It seems to be the routine now for all DEs that you get some people that figure out the spawn point for the incoming mobs and go there to farm them all. If you're actually trying to play the DE as intended, you'll never even see a mob... I saw some of this happening in all zones but it's really noticeable 70+ in Malchor's Leap and Cursed Shore...

So... they're taking some steps to plug the exploit holes that people are exposing for them. Big surprise there.

So yeah, it must be Anet's fault... they're being downright fascist "No farming for you!"

If they had a server with zero asshattery tolerance I'd move my characters there in a flash.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by lifeordinary

I bet they don't.

Man..how do you guys do it? bash WOW in one psot and praise GW2 in second? i mean do you even realise the irony here when you call him out a 'troll' or try to hint towards it? do guys ever stop to think that? it blows my mind really how some people are oblivious to the double standards and their own hypocricy? 'yeah he tryign too ahrd'..have you seen your own psoting history lately..jeez!!

I mean i don't agree with wowfan and his style of posting but i don't see how you are any better than him?

He cut out my Mark Twain quote. That's unforgivable. Besides, I could bash WoW and praise GW2 in the same spot if I chose. However... the only bashing I'll do of WoW is the simple fact that the treadmill style of gear grind they have simply grew old on me over the years. Once Cataclysm was around the corner I just simply lost the will to grind from 80 to 85 and start the whole treadmill all over again. That's it, it grew old and I needed something new and fresher. For me personally, GW2 is delivering that in excess. Completing a zone last night and getting a couple exotics as rewards... it made the zone feel like it was worth visiting and not simply a place I was passing through in the mad dash to reach the carrot races.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Jyiiga

Before this change gem prices were steadily increasing. Remember, correlation does not equate to causation. And since the gem to gold ratio is based on supply and demand you may see a spike with speculation, but it will quickly fall after the market evens itself out. The benefit these changes have is on the game as a whole. You guys are only looking at one side of the picture, the person directly affected. What happens when everyone starts only farming for gold using 10min dungeon runs? What happens to prices? How do new players catch up? Etc Etc
    There is more to this than just dungeon runs, but you seem stuck on that point exclusively. 
    If being in a zone for 30mins triggers diminishing returns for everything in the zone, then yes it needs to be adjusted. However, based on my experience, the anti-farming code for DEs and mob does not appear to be this draconian. It appears people are exaggerating. Furthermore, more complaints are coming from people about dungeons (at least from what I've seen).

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646

I bet they don't.

Man..how do you guys do it? bash WOW in one psot and praise GW2 in second? i mean do you even realise the irony here when you call him out a 'troll' or try to hint towards it? do guys ever stop to think that? it blows my mind really how some people are oblivious to the double standards and their own hypocricy? 'yeah he tryign too ahrd'..have you seen your own psoting history lately..jeez!!

He cut out my Mark Twain quote. That's unforgivable. Besides, I could bash WoW and praise GW2 in the same spot if I chose. However... the only bashing I'll do of WoW is the simple fact that the treadmill style of gear grind they have simply grew old on me over the years. Once Cataclysm was around the corner I just simply lost the will to grind from 80 to 85 and start the whole treadmill all over again. That's it, it grew old and I needed something new and fresher. For me personally, GW2 is delivering that in excess. Completing a zone last night and getting a couple exotics as rewards... it made the zone feel like it was worth visiting and not simply a place I was passing through in the mad dash to reach the carrot races.

Well atleast you admit you are a hypocrite then. Honesty is rare virtue these days. You can troll WOW forums all you like but you are telling him 'you are trying too hard'..all right.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    The gold farmers will just use multiple characters and multiple accounts to get around this. The only people it hurts are the normal players that usually only have one character that they play and want to farm for themselves.
    Originally posted by Xzen
    The gold farmers will just use multiple characters and multiple accounts to get around this. The only people it hurts are the normal players that usually only have one character that they play and want to farm for themselves.

But, as has been said of people here, it appears that the anti-farming code doesn't kick in very quickly in zones. If you are cycling DEs in the same small area it might, but after a couple hrs of playing in 1 zone I didn't notice any decrease in rewards for anything I was doing (other than the exp boost from starting your daily). It appears to me a lot of people are complaining about it without testing. 

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

I bet they don't.

Well atleast you admit you are a hypocrite then. Honesty is rare virtue these days. You can troll WOW forums all you like but you are telling him 'you are trying too hard'..all right.

I suppose I could troll the WoW forums, but I don't. Rarely leave these forums when I'm actually forum surfing.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375

out of curiosity i checked the price for gold on google websites and wtf it takes me playing the normal way and not exploiting bugs or using bots a shitload of time to gain 1 gold and these guys are selling gold like they got a trilion for dirt cheap ( i am not advertising ) just saying that the op most likely choose one of the above methods , got shitload of cash and now he is back to doing stuff like the rest of us because he can't do those anymore.

So tired of farmers boters or w/e u call them coming crying on forums whit a 2-3h well made story just to bash a company that is actualy doing something to stop these game ruiners

play the game for what it is and have fun , if u want to make money go knock on another door , u got plenty of them out there.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Nuff' said

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

But, as has been said of people here, it appears that the anti-farming code doesn't kick in very quickly in zones. If you are cycling DEs in the same small area it might, but after a couple hrs of playing in 1 zone I didn't notice any decrease in rewards for anything I was doing (other than the exp boost from starting your daily). It appears to me a lot of people are complaining about it without testing. 

I'm testing it right now. I'm in Orr where a few DEs happen very often. Been at it for an hour at least with out any nerf to my rewards. maybe it only kicks in if you only farm 1 DE over and over? I have noticed my drops got nerfed though which is lame.

This discussion has been closed.