Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play our way, or don't play...

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    How dare Arenanet protect the economy and not let gold/exp farmers do exactly as they wish. The nerve

How dare they do it in a way that also penalizes honest players. The nerve.

The price is often paid by honest folk for the mistakes/exploits of the unjust.

Such is real life.

How is this news to people? Do ya'll ever watch the news?

For every honest player grind'n to pay the bills/make some profit that is limited by Anet's rules, there are probably a dozen potential farmers/bots who are thus unable to function.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

The problem is that the restirction they have put in helps gold farmers and hurts legit players.

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper
    Originally posted by ChrisReitz
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Originally posted by ChrisReitz

Originally posted by GeezerGamer Those of you who've been hailing this new B2P revenue model as the future, and sub games were ripping customers off. Think about this for a second. You have all been looking at it from the wrong perspective. Once you consider the Box fee as the entry fee, Then after 60 bucks, you have to wipe the slate clean for each player. From then on, you are left with 2 types of players. Gem buyers and freeloaders. Almost without exception, this forum has adopted the freeloader position and tossed the buyer's perspective in the trash and dismissed it as irrelevant. Well, guess who did NOT dismiss that perspective as irrelevant? (Hint: Arenanet) They must make the overall game experience better for gem buyers then freeloaders or there is no reason to buy gems.  
    I have a feeling you never played guild wars 1 the gem store isnt a big deal to arena net. Its their for people who want just alittle help with what they are doing. It doesnt effect the game in anyway it isnt a p2w or p2p mmorpg. Free loader you are funny ~pokes your nose~ beep

GW1 is not GW2
    If they had the same expectations, they'd have implemented the same Cash Shop

Maybe you should go play runes of magic or Allods online. If Guild wars 2 wanted most of their encome from the cash shop. They would have added stones like that to their shop. BUT instead you get xp armor stuff to make crafting  easier and armor and so on. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure this out... lol heh... They already sold over 2 million copies at 60 dollars a head.

just read my sig

People tolerate bullshit in sub games - if they didn't WoW would have crashed when Crusade came out for all the whining and complaining about it. Your signature shows you don't understand human nature at all.

Last time I checked, the mayority of players prasie the burning crusade to no end. Your response shows you have no clue of what you are talking about. Qui-gon Jinn so elegantly put it, "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent"

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Originally posted by Scalpless
     for dungeons, you can run them as often as you want, as long as you don't just run the same path of the same dungeon over and over again.

You are wrong about dungeons, after running TA then CM story, i went to AC and was capped.

the cap is based on how fast you complete them

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365276/ANET-commentary-on-patched-dungeons.html

If you speed clear dungeons at a rate of more than 2/ hour, and continue to do that for some time your rewards will slowly begin to degrade. It doesn't kick in after running a single dungeon and it doesn't immediately zero out rewards.

You know, facts don't matter to these people.   They never will.

Don't speed farm dungeons for hours on end on the same toon and you won't have the problem.  Don't stand in the same spot killing the same mob for four hours and you won't have the problem.

Can't figure it out -- cry on the forums and act like ANet is a dictatorship and will torture you to death for not worshiping glorious leader.    (And yes, some of them really have called ANet a dictatorship and at least one likened it to North Korea.)

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

This seems like kinda a knee-jerk reaction on their part. I kinda hope it is just a place holder type fix, until they can roll out something more permanent. 

People on the official forums are... less than pleased about the affect it has on DEs.

When a "real" player on a level 7 character earns 20 exp, 2 karma and 1 copper for a DE that are actively participating in, thats is not right. There is also another player in chat doing the same event that also hit the wall.

Many times you don't even have to bounce around to hit the cap. You know how some DEs chain from one into the next into the next. Some people have had the anti-farm code kick in while just working on the chain.

Originally posted by MosesZD
     for dungeons, you can run them as often as you want, as long as you don't just run the same path of the same dungeon over and over again.

You are wrong about dungeons, after running TA then CM story, i went to AC and was capped.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/365276/ANET-commentary-on-patched-dungeons.html

If you speed clear dungeons at a rate of more than 2/ hour, and continue to do that for some time your rewards will slowly begin to degrade. It doesn't kick in after running a single dungeon and it doesn't immediately zero out rewards.

Don't speed farm dungeons for hours on end on the same toon and you won't have the problem.  Don't stand in the same spot killing the same mob for four hours and you won't have the problem.

Can't figure it out -- cry on the forums and act like ANet is a dictatorship and will torture you to death for not worshiping glorious leader.    (And yes, some of them really have called ANet a dictatorship and at least one likened it to North Korea.)

Might as well not play the game at all and be done wiht it dont you think? YOu do realize all your comments are saying is that people should play less which is, in essence, not good for an mmo. Please, for the love of all that is holy, think before you post. 

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

This seems like kinda a knee-jerk reaction on their part. I kinda hope it is just a place holder type fix, until they can roll out something more permanent. 

People on the official forums are... less than pleased about the affect it has on DEs.

When a "real" player on a level 7 character earns 20 exp, 2 karma and 1 copper for a DE that are actively participating in, thats is not right. There is also another player in chat doing the same event that also hit the wall.

Many times you don't even have to bounce around to hit the cap. You know how some DEs chain from one into the next into the next. Some people have had the anti-farm code kick in while just working on the chain.

i agree - it felt like a bandaid fix for what happened to DEs

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    How dare Arenanet protect the economy and not let gold/exp farmers do exactly as they wish. The nerve

Such is real life.

For every honest player grind'n to pay the bills/make some profit that is limited by Anet's rules, there are probably a dozen potential farmers/bots who are thus unable to function.

Couldn't resist because you are Spock and even the bad one is worth saving - 

Kirk: The needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many. 

But for my 2 cents, they did simular work in GW1, I expected as much in GW2. It's one of the reason I like Anet they react  and try to do something. In the P2P games I've played I've not seen a company so aggresively try to maintain balance and economy. I'm not saying they aren't out there and I'm not saying GW2 gets it right all the time but they are aggressive in their approach. Players hate change and any change "in the way I want to play" ruffles feathers but there is more drama to it then actual inconvience...such is the forums land of drama queens and over reactors it passes the time. 

More like malpractice, the kind that leaves surgical utensils inside you for weeks while the doctor is oblivious. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by GeezerGamer LOL, Yeah, 2M boxes. It is a great start. But they really do need an ongoing revenue stream. I seem to recall another big production MMO recently, that sold about 2M boxes and failed because it couldn't maintain a revenue stream.
    ANET will have paid expansions too

Given with how infatuated EA/BW was with the WoW model, I think it's fairly safe to say they were were planning on expansions down the road as well..

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by sr7olsniper

More like malpractice, the kind that leaves surgical utensils inside you for weeks while the doctor is oblivious. 

The sniper doth protest too much methinks.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Such is real life.

And can you prove any of that shit? No its only hyberbole. And the needs of the many argument is also a load of horse apples as this is not a real world life or death situation, but a consumer product. When you sell a customer a product and then limit their ability to use said product due to the actions of others that are abusing said product, no one wins. It only fosters ill will in the honest customer and the abuser will continue to find new and different ways to abuse.

And while we're on the subject let's stop pretending that its the gold farmers who have ratfucked the economy. Its the direct fault of A-net that the game has a piss poor economy model as they made it to where not only was every player able to gather and craft EVERYTHING, but also added ridiculous XP bonuses for doing so which made it very desirable for players to participate in this activity. Even if A-net manages the impossible and runs every gold farmer out of game, every player that gathers or crafts and then uses the TP will be cutting each others financial throats.

I feel that A-nets current actions to rectify this issue have done nothing but piss off honest players who were otherwise having a good time.

Let's start laying the blame at the feet of the people that actually deserve it.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Such is real life.

And can you prove any of that shit? No its only hyberbole. And the needs of the many argument is also a load of horse apples as this is not a real world life or death situation, but a consumer product. When you sell a customer a product and then limit their ability to use said product due to the actions of others that are abusing said product, no one wins. It only fosters ill will in the honest customer and the abuser will continue to find new and different ways to abuse.

And while we're on the subject let's stop pretending that its the gold farmers who have ratfucked the economy. Its the direct fault of A-net that the game has a piss poor economy model as they made it to where not only was every player able to gather and craft EVERYTHING, but also added ridiculous XP bonuses for doing so which made it very desirable for players to participate in this activity. Even if A-net manages the impossible and runs every gold farmer out of game, every player that gathers or crafts and then uses the TP will be cutting each others financial throats.

I feel that A-nets current actions to rectify this issue have done nothing but piss off honest players who were otherwise having a good time.

Let's start laying the blame at the feet of the people that actually deserve it.

For some reason I read your entire post with a russian accent and it was amazing

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

No its opinions that don't matter to these people, or rather YOUR opinions, and that's all you are stating, though you seem to feel you are stating yours as facts.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364

These changes feel restrictive. I am made to be aware of the underlying mechanics of the game Im trying to immerse myself in. So if I go kill trolls, I need to watch the clock and think about what other monster I can kill for the same crap I need.

If Im rolling in Orr, I also need to watch the mobs Im killing, they must vary, if its not another type of undead, Ill hit the anti loot code soon after arriving. 

If Im in Arah, I can jump farm tokens from the first two bosses, because none of Arenanet changes has affected this trivilisation of dungeon runs. Infact the very changes to dungeons has ensured I want less to do with them, and the more efficient a token farm is the better for me. So while I find the changes are dumb in an mmo setting, I also marvel at how they let me completely make an arse out of their dungeon design, while rolling all these restrictions out that doesnt effect it one bit. My goal now is to get the tokens I want before they fix this, by making it so tokens are only rewarded upon full completion of the dungeon. Im pretty sure that is the next step.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

A few things people just cant seem to grasp. Botters are ALWAYS going to be there and so are gold sellers. Anet has gone the absolute wrong way to combat this. Making it tougher for legit players to make money or gain items only increases the amount of people buying gold or in some cases items from non-legit places such as gold sellers. You can try to argue that and I will just call you an idiot. The harder something is to obtain the more likely a human is to try and obtain it in a shady way.

In the case of dungeon runs if they didnt want players farming a specific instance for levels or gold then why in the hell did they make one dungeon or dungeon path SO much easier than the others? Lets take CM storymode as an example. Its a level 40 dungeon. In a group that knows what they are doing the dungeon takes 10, maybe 15 min to finish. Now in that time you get 3 loot chests that scale to your level AND you get a flat 80% exp regardless of your level. If your intent wasnt for people to farm that if the decide they want to, to level up then why did you make the dungeon that fast and easy and set a flat exp reward regardless of level? Dont give me that it was an oversight. If they just "overlooked" what could be done in that instance then they have some verry stupid devs. I'm not the smartest person in the world and it took me the 2nd run to realise what was going on.

Now not everyone is doing that. They dont want to play the game that way. Hell I havent except when I needed a quick level or two to move on to the next level set of zones. However I fully intended to do that on alts. The game scales you down so who cares if I powerlevel a character to 80?

My point is the OP is right. Anet is completely dictating how you will and wont level/gain items ect which is the exact oposite of what they claimed they where doing. They are changing the game based on thier poor design but they arent chaning the design.  It would be one thing if this was a small problem, but its not. Its not some "clever" way people are finding to grind, level, gain crafting mats ect. Its widespread throughout the game which means it was designed poorly, not tested nearly enough, and instead of owning up to it they are basically just saying "working as intended but we are not going to let you do it".

I still love the game. I am having alot of fun. But it seems every week or two Anet makes a move that makes me question how long they are going to last. They didnt do this shit with GW1 but they are sure giving themselves a bad name pretty quickly with GW2. Some of you will defend them till your dieing breath. Thats fine. I have more important things to worry about than your fanboyism. Haters will say "told ya so" and thats fine to. I have better things to do than to listne to you gloat about how right you where, when infact what you haters have said has nothing to do with whats going on. All I'm doing is voicing my opinion on how poorly they have handled the game since launch as someone who is enjoying the game.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

They did do it in GW1. There was two way ANET could have fixed this. Scale back the rewards competely, or what they did. What they did seems more fair and more condusive to preventing inflation. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

No its opinions that don't matter to these people, or rather YOUR opinions, and that's all you are stating, though you seem to feel you are stating yours as facts.

He's right though. Last night I got 100% in the northern 70 - 80 zone, ran into a crapload of events doing it (some twice) which, of course, caught me up in the events, was getting gold rewards for most of them and never at any point saw any depreciations of those rewards. Of course exploring required the killing of many a mob, no decrease in drops. Salvaged a crapload of different things, had lots of mob drops (blood, etc.), and when all was said and done I got a couple exotics for my troubles (only one I can use, but still...).

If you stay in one place and bleed the environment, you can bleed it dry. Makes sense, actually.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• ClocksimusClocksimus Member Posts: 354

Did you just do the bear zerg chain in the norn area? My memory is a bit hazy but didn't it give over 100+ karma? pretty sure gear cost like 200-300? at the point no?  That has to be the biggest nerf to a gameplay feature  in record time  if you consider DE make up the majority of the game itself.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Hmm sounds like they definitely need a better, more elegant solution for player bots.

This rubs me the wrong way in the same way that DRM does - they're trying to control something, penalizing those who do nothing wrong.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684

Did you even read the OP's statement?

If you're going to make a sarcastic post, at least be accurate about it. You're wrong. Plain and simple.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

COF being bugged / poor design

- ANET did the right thing and explained in detail how COF mechanics were being exploited

dungeon timesink and rewards

- i think ANET had to revise to help balance the game economy

I dont think its a great solution but its a working one

the rest - I will not defend and hope that ANET finds a better solution

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

- ANET did the right thing and explained in detail how COF mechanics were being exploited

I think people need more data on how DE diminishing returns work. It doesn't seem to kick in nearly as quick as some people are claiming. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Anyone who don't like the changes, should suggest how else to stop people from afk-ing their way through the game. Or do you consider that "my way of playing" too?

Originally posted by xpiher

I think people need more data on how DE diminishing returns work. It doesn't seem to kick in nearly as quick as some people are claiming. 

I noticed none at all during a clearing of a 70 - 80 map, doing a large number of DEs along the way. One area there's a Dredge cave network where you can get four in a row taking out leaders. I got gold on all four, plus a couple defending Kodan, one stopping mortar attacks... no hint of diminishing returns.

I also didn't try to farm only one event or chain either.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Bjelar

Anyone who don't like the changes, should suggest how else to stop people from afk-ing their way through the game. Or do you consider that "my way of playing" too?

Eassy,  you can report people afk which pops up a windown for the player. If the player is AFk he would not be able to reply and therefore you block his individual rewards. IN a group scneario you can always kick him out of the party. There are tons of elegant ways to go around the issue. Like it has said before, you dont punish everyone for the few. 

This discussion has been closed.