Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And trade post is down again...

Been down since yesterday. Guess some serious issue has plagued TP once again. I was just starting to get used to it.  ,)

Trade Post in GW2 is such a tease.

Comments

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    [mod edit]

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

People should really stop seeing this "no subscription fee" as a viable excuse for flaws in the game. It's just like with every other service that is promised. Just because you pay for it by microtransactions and box price does not cut them any slack there. Just like with sub-based games they better should deliver. The standards should be the same.

• lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    [mod edit]
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

I'm getting really tired of this bullshit myself. Fucking ridiculous...

*In before WoW had more issues many years ago so just deal with it dumbass post*

because a fully cross server auction house with millions of transactions going on is just as easy to handle as a single server one with a couple thousand transactions.. please..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Saydien

People should really stop seeing this "no subscription fee" as a viable excuse for flaws in the game. It's just like with every other service that is promised. Just because you pay for it by microtransactions and box price does not cut them any slack there. Just like with sub-based games they better should deliver. The standards should be the same.

To be fair. 'GW2 has no sub fee'  line has been used both to trash the game as well as praise it to the ninth heaven. This is a tool which changes according the situation that is more convenienet. 

• ohpowerohpower Member Posts: 72

Damn, another massive influx of players? :p

More seriously, though, it's annoying, yes, but if it's to prevent an exploit from wrecking the in-game economy or to prevent bad bugs like things you pay for that never come to you... guess it's the lesser evil. And yes, most games at launch have exploits, because players are always more devious than anyone can imagine. And when real money (gem exchange rates) is at stake, well the devs have to do what they have to do.

So yeah, not great, but then own up to their mistakes, and not having one feature of the game isn't that horrible either. In a recent game, I had error37 pop up often even one month in (if you don't want old hat examples :p)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

To tag on here a bit, even WoW is down almost every Tuesday for maintenance but no one gets on here to start a thread for it. 

We get it, the game isn't perfect, but there are literally hundreds of things to do while the TP is down. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

To tag on here a bit, even WoW is down almost every Tuesday for maintenance but no one gets on here to start a thread for it. 

We get it, the game isn't perfect, but there are literally hundreds of things to do while the TP is down. /shrug

Maybe because GW2 is more popular? so more players and more threads about everything that is GW2? atleast people are talking.

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

[mod edit]

because a fully cross server auction house with millions of transactions going on is just as easy to handle as a single server one with a couple thousand transactions.. please..

I do believe they stated they wouldn't release until it was ready. There really isn't an excuse. Maybe they should have done a real beta test. We are almost a full month in. I don't understand your undying fandom. The game had its high points, but AN deserves a lot of the criticism it is getting.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    Growing pains are a natural part of a wildly popular game. We're going to see issues like these due to server loads until the player growth stops spiking. Hang tight.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

*In before WoW had more issues many years ago so just deal with it dumbass post*

I do believe they stated they wouldn't release until it was ready. There really isn't an excuse. Maybe they should have done a real beta test. We are almost a full month in. I don't understand your undying fandom. The game had its high points, but AN deserves a lot of the criticism it is getting.

Rift, WoW, Aion, blah, blah, all have bugs in them to this day. GW2 will have problems until they shut the servers down years from now. Get use to problems in any game you play, it isn't a perfect world. Oh, the Perfect World has flaws also.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

[mod edit]

have you ever worked on computer servers with millions connecting? You honestly think you can ever test or predict every issue that may arise within millions of lines of code...honestly yes it being down sucks but its an inconvienence and it really seems many here have never played a popular MMO at launch month before

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by lifeordinary

To be fair. 'GW2 has no sub fee'  line has been used both to trash the game as well as praise it to the ninth heaven. This is a tool which changes according the situation that is more convenienet. 

Exactly, at least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate this bullshit and leave.  With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

have you ever worked on computer servers with millions connecting? You honestly think you can ever test or predict every issue that may arise within millions of lines of code...honestly yes it being down sucks but its an inconvienence and it really seems many here have never played a popular MMO at launch month before

I've played EVERY triple AAA mmo thats been released since EQ1, not one of them has had this big of an issue with keeping an AH open.  Have others had much more severe problems.  Yes, far and away yes, but keeping an auction house open? there is literally no excuse, its a freaking basic database server.  I guarantee you the reason it keeps going down is because they dont want to spend the money to uprade the server to handle the capacity and they're hoping they can get away with it until the new game burst of people thins out.

But hey, thats what we get for playing a "f2p" game.  They already have our money, what incentive do they have to fix this shit? oh, thats right, none, nothing at all.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Exactly, at least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate this bullshit and leave.  With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will.

You, sir, just made my day and win this thread.

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I've played EVERY triple AAA mmo thats been released since EQ1, not one of them has had this big of an issue with keeping an AH open.  Have others had much more severe problems.  Yes, far and away yes, but keeping an auction house open?

Oh great a glorious gamer, how many of those many awesome AAA MMO's that you don't play anymore have had a cross server AH that consisted both of an AH and the ability to perform RMT as well as linking the entirety of all game servers into one convenient location?  None?  Stop your whining they tried something new, it may or may not be working for them.

Every innovation has a few duds but not trying to innovate and you people would be complaining about that.  What's worse is ATLEAST they are trying to fix their issues promptly.  More than I can say than some games.  

And adding the part about playing games since EQ1 just shows how young and inexperienced you are.  Not a good reference.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I've played EVERY triple AAA mmo thats been released since EQ1, not one of them has had this big of an issue with keeping an AH open.  Have others had much more severe problems.  Yes, far and away yes, but keeping an auction house open? there is literally no excuse, its a freaking basic database server.  I guarantee you the reason it keeps going down is because they dont want to spend the money to uprade the server to handle the capacity and they're hoping they can get away with it until the new game burst of people thins out.

But hey, thats what we get for playing a "f2p" game.  They already have our money, what incentive do they have to fix this shit? oh, thats right, none, nothing at all.

I'm not familiar with every "triple AAA" mmo that's been released since EQ1... I guess they all have auction houses that server the entirety of their player base, integrating all servers with well over a million people combined, etc? I mean, something like "scope" probably doesn't come into play at all, does it?

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Ikeda

I've played EVERY triple AAA mmo thats been released since EQ1, not one of them has had this big of an issue with keeping an AH open.  Have others had much more severe problems.  Yes, far and away yes, but keeping an auction house open?

Oh great a glorious gamer, how many of those many awesome AAA MMO's that you don't play anymore have had a cross server AH that consisted both of an AH and the ability to perform RMT as well as linking the entirety of all game servers into one convenient location?  None?  Stop your whining they tried something new, it may or may not be working for them.

Every innovation has a few duds but not trying to innovate and you people would be complaining about that.  What's worse is ATLEAST they are trying to fix their issues promptly.  More than I can say than some games.  

And adding the part about playing games since EQ1 just shows how young and inexperienced you are.  Not a good reference.

Damn we just got schooled by Muten Roshi

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578
    Originally posted by Kakkzooka
    Growing pains are a natural part of a wildly popular game. We're going to see issues like these due to server loads until the player growth stops spiking. Hang tight.

With diminishing loot and player hurting kneejerk fixes from anet while the bots are running wild and unremoved for a week after being reported the post level 80 gameplay options will stop player growth spiking cold in its tracks..

While i love this game and consider it the best game ever it looks like anet is working exceptionally hard to make me and many others not like it so much..

So be warned dont buy this game if you like to farm the same areas for loot and fun without worrying about being universally punished by anet for your time investment because of your playstyle and to add insult to injury you have to compete against the bot runners just to get credit for the DE only to get no loot and lower experience/karma gain..

Frankly Its rediculous..

Playing GW2..

Originally posted by dageeza
    Originally posted by Kakkzooka

With diminishing loot and player hurting kneejerk fixes from anet while the bots are running wild and unremoved for a week after being reported the post level 80 gameplay options will stop player growth spiking cold in its tracks..

While i love this game and consider it the best game ever it looks like anet is working exceptionally hard to make me and many others not like it so much..

So be warned dont buy this game if you like to farm the same areas for loot and fun without worrying about being universally punished by anet for your time investment because of your playstyle and to add insult to injury you have to compete against the bot runners just to get credit for the DE only to get no loot and lower experience/karma gain..

Frankly Its rediculous..

Amen

While you are lubing up, you guys can read this article. Remembering the Launch.

While you are lubing up, you guys can read this article. Remembering the Launch.

WOW was 8 years ago...i personaly don't even care anymore.

+1 for common sense

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

Starcraft II launch doesn't mention video cards melting because of A)Nvidia's bad driver release and B) 1 line of text players had to implement themselves.

edit: this http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/28/blizzard-confirms-starcraft-ii-overheating-bug.aspx

So lets dig up stuff from less than a year ago. How about D3, TSW, or even Tera. All these titles had problems on launch and still have them. If you don't care about the past, then you will have problems now and in the future.

You need another hobby that doesn't have as many moving parts!