Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone care to elaborate this "persistent world"?

NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

There are some claims that the world in this game is persistent. But from what I'm seeing at a quick glance, the locations are called "maps" and this game seems more of a map-rotation based First person sworder (ala Rune) than MMORPG.

Comments

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

As far as I know, the game has a persistent world about as much as Unreal Tournament does.

Is there a quote or something that you're referring to?

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

As far as I know, the game has a persistent world about as much as Unreal Tournament does.

" Powered by Epic GamesUnreal Engine 3, Forge combines MMO-style PvP with skill-based FPS combat, zero level grinding, and strategic gameplay in a persistent world."

Has the term "MMO" and "persistent" world been changed to arena-style fighting these past years? To me that sounds like thousands of players in a single world that is persistent (Such as of an true MMORPG). But on the site, it goes "instanced MMO PvP" which is just yet another marketing strategy to deceive the consumers. This game isn't an MMO. Its a first-person-sworder.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    haha i dont get it, i have played this dont care if i get banned from the alpha test but in no way does this have a persistant world... it is a fantasy version of unreal tournament.. and not very good at the moment.. but of course its still very early on..
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    As far as I could understand, they said they are planning to add a persistent world at a later date.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

" Powered by Epic GamesUnreal Engine 3, Forge combines MMO-style PvP with skill-based FPS combat, zero level grinding, and strategic gameplay in a persistent world."

Has the term "MMO" and "persistent" world been changed to arena-style fighting these past years? To me that sounds like thousands of players in a single world that is persistent (Such as of an true MMORPG). But on the site, it goes "instanced MMO PvP" which is just yet another marketing strategy to deceive the consumers. This game isn't an MMO. Its a first-person-sworder.

They said MMO-STYLE PvP not that it is a MMO.  Although if they do add a persistent world then I guess it could be considered one, but they have not tried to deceive anyone...

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Neherun
    Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

Has the term "MMO" and "persistent" world been changed to arena-style fighting these past years?

Yes. MMO means nothing anymore, its just a marketing buzz word.