Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Dark Age of Camelot: Way Back Wednesday with RvR Action

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This week, Grakulen and the Dark Age of Camelot team venture back into the game for the sixth time. During their latest escapade, the group went head on into some RvR action in the Molvik battleground. Check out the written recap and the visual action in our latest feature! Let us know what you think in the comments.

This episode was the sixth time we visited the Dark Age of Camelot on Wayback Wednesday.  Our adventure this week focused on RvR in the Molvik battleground.  This week, and for the next two episodes, I represented the forces of Midgard.  Joining me on this foray was three members of the Mythic team.  Kai Schober the Senior Community Manager, Talal Saad a designer on DAoC, and Carrie Gouskos who is a producer for Mythic.

Check out Rob Lashley's Dark Age of Camelot: Way Back Wednesday with RvR Action.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Calhoun619Calhoun619 Member Posts: 126

Find a way to breath life back into the game, a way to seriously grow the population, and DAoC could be great again. I know this is about Molvik but Thidranki RvR is still hands down the BEST pvping ive ever done, in any game, period. The endless hours of fun Thidranki provided and all it took was a level 24 character.  Might have to consider a resub regardless of population just because I miss the game

• EtaewEtaew Member UncommonPosts: 7

Thanks for the feature Rob.

I've updated the session site to feature your video, and I am considering a comments section so that people could comment on a rvr session. I'm not sure of the demand for that however.

I am also considering full combat log parsing for the uploader, so you could see how much damage Grak did and took. This is something to look forward for Graks next Wayback Wednesday session.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    i've been playing mmo a long long time (look at my sig) but for whatever reason i never tried DAOC.  when it came out i was playing EQ and then went right to ff11.  so i missed its heyday.  if they opened a "progresion server" type deal i'd probably check it out to see what i have missed for the past, what, 11 years?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228
    this is way to late for the game :/

BestSigEver :P

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Despite its age this game FOR ME still is unmatched when it comes to PVP. GW2 for good reason tried to copy the RVR but in my eyes didn't succeed. Still would jump into this game if it should ever get a serious remake OR a f2p implementation that makes sense.

The time in DAoC definitely was the best I've ever had in a game.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by Saydien

Despite its age this game FOR ME still is unmatched when it comes to PVP. GW2 for good reason tried to copy the RVR but in my eyes didn't succeed. Still would jump into this game if it should ever get a serious remake OR a f2p implementation that makes sense.

The time in DAoC definitely was the best I've ever had in a game.

Same for me. But go Daoc PvP and RvR was great. But the PvE sucks hard.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    You don't pvp in a battle ground in DAoC, that is just outright LAME.  You pvp on the frontier, the batlle grounds have always been full of twinks.
  • HarlesGHarlesG Member Posts: 1

Hey Grak - 

Really appreciate the videos & the discussions.  We talked via email.  Was us in CK! (hibs)

Nice that the mythic rep's are tellin' a bit of the behind the scene's, I really enjoyed listening to them during this vid.

"Despite its age this game FOR ME still is unmatched when it comes to PVP" - agree

The challenge in RvR - @ the 8 man depth is THE BEST, no other even close.  The synergy's of classes working together, and understanding the push & pull/group make-up @ that level creates HOURS & HOURS of crazy serious fun, nvm the comradery and the friends I've made along the way!!!

As a consistent 10+year player, I really appreciate seeing some PR/Marketing actually happening for this game...(10 years late,but better then none) I was on the phone with support today helping a friend re-activate his account (the EA/Mythic Merger site is tuff to iterate, linking accounts, etc...) We were discussing the f2P aspects some, but I feel that changing to f2P will take away from the support I would hope to get when I call in, but do not.  They seem to have made it very hard for the average bear to navigate the site/get any support.

I wish the best of luck furthering this game, and hope to see some upgrades/expansions maybe in the near future!!