Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion: Why WWIIOL is dead.

Comments

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

and still $17.99 a month unless you are stupid and sign up for a WHOLE YEAR to lower it.

They may not last another year.  As I stated, they are begging for money from the community again to help advertise their game for them.

Bad deal....

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by Thorqemada

I tested it a few hours - games executed like this be extremely niche with no way out of it.

Are you suggesting that to actually go to a niche is a dangerous thing????

P.S. Axis hatr - you still lieing abut being banned?

Hey stug send another a$$ kissing post to the home page at CRS so it makes their ideas seem right.  They need more false positive feedback to mislead more potential customers.

Keep begging and maybe the game will last one more year.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

And 9/11 was not an terror attack, noone ever landed on the moon etc.. etc..

Idiots like you have been saying that load of crap for over 5 years now - guess what.... WE ARE STILL HERE!

In fact, we have seen more people online last few weeks than in a long time - enough for me to get 235 ground kills with a Hurricane Mk IIc along with a buddy over 2 days... yeah game is dead!

You are right.  Lots of new people in game....and they are not paying a dime.

Yeah, the FTP idea brought lots of targets into your dieing world so you die hard deep pocket CRS supports would continue to pay their wages.  Good for you.  Glad you've gotten some suckers to come in and sooth your cries.

Yep, you guys are STILL around.  It took CRS releasing 3 of their employees to lessen the money needed to keep the game alive a little longer.  It took CRS to rewrite PART of their subscription rate plans to try to get people to bite.  Yep, your still around, but it doesn't mean its a good thing.

I'm telling the truth.  Not fluffing everyone into giving up $17.99 per month to play this thing.  If you are dumb enough to sign up for a year for $12.99, well I am sorry.

If you log in with F2P then remember how everyone see's you.  As a pawn and a target.

Enjoy your game.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Lol - man you must suck at the game if that is how you see it.

This is the ONE game where SKILLS makes up for equipment.

Wanna fly against me in a top of the line fighter while I take the worst crap we have? I'll still bring you down 10/10 times unless you happen to be rather good.

Know how many kills Hatc, Ceska, Po and others have with a rifleman?

You even have any idea how the F2P (not FTP dude..., thats a whole other thing...) program works?

Heck - I'll take you on as a rifleman and you can be a SMG - I'll still school ya!

• EzrelayEzrelay Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Szyporyn

Lol - man you must suck at the game if that is how you see it.

This is the ONE game where SKILLS makes up for equipment.

Wanna fly against me in a top of the line fighter while I take the worst crap we have? I'll still bring you down 10/10 times unless you happen to be rather good.

Know how many kills Hatc, Ceska, Po and others have with a rifleman?

You even have any idea how the F2P (not FTP dude..., thats a whole other thing...) program works?

Heck - I'll take you on as a rifleman and you can be a SMG - I'll still school ya!

lol you nailed it Sz.

Its probably due to the fact the cinder block proping up his desk in his moms basement had come loose. lol

From now on we shall call him shoebox. lolz

Ill give'em an smg and all i'd need is my knife.

Rock on WWIIONLINE...your the BEST!!!

• CanukplfCanukplf Member Posts: 5

Those who can't complain the loudest Szy, we all know that.

This PF is no different.

I also was banned from the forums because I was a vocal leader of those that hated the bloody battles crap.  I am anti shoe box more than anyone. 

I am anti CRS all the way for what they have done to the game over the years. 

Thats all.

And I'd own you one on one.  Even with your EZ mode axis biased equipment (if you are axis, but you smell of piss so you must be)

Originally posted by axishatr

I also was banned from the forums because I was a vocal leader of those that hated the bloody battles crap.  I am anti shoe box more than anyone. 

Thats all.

And I'd own you one on one.  Even with your EZ mode axis biased equipment (if you are axis, but you smell of piss so you must be)

Awwww they arnt making the game you preferr so you become an out spoken tart. Tisk tisk tisk. Poor little thing. Did your  witness your dog getting hit by a car as a child or something.

Whats your screen name girll friend?

Hmm, can't read your post.  What is that?  Copy to spell check and then repost so we can read what you are trying to say.

It boils down to this.  wwiiol is dead.  You being here proves it.

Hmm, can't read your post.  What is that?  Copy to spell check and then repost so we can read what you are trying to say.

It boils down to this.  wwiiol is dead.  You being here proves it.

Nah I make a ton of money and most of the time I have peeps do most of that shiiit for meh. Oh and spell shecks are for the week.

What was your screen name again?

I was right, those who can't stamp their feet and yell the loudest.

Ez=not ez but a crs kissy poo.

Can=CRS puppet (hc)

Now you both can move along and "up vote" your steam circle jerk thing.  Not going to help, because the gaming community either doesn't know about wwiiol or does and thinks it's a joke.

But whatever passes the time for you.  God knows you can't play wwiiol.

ahhhh muffin.

Lets break down your post..........wwwwaaaaaaaa  waaaaaaaaaaa, blah blah.....I got banned (which we all chuckled over) blah blah blah, followed by more waaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa.

You prob had a problem with space invaders when in first came out. If your even that old.

• MaxiosMaxios Member Posts: 7

Thats all.

Bronco is that you? 

Come join the fun!

.:: www.wwiionline.com ::.

• Company0Company0 Member Posts: 36

I think its time I jumped into the fray.

What I don't understand is why people think bashing CRS will do WWIIOL any good.

No CRS, no WWIIOL. CRS might survive without WWIIOL, but no one will buy up WWIIOL. 35% of that unwillingness to buy is probably the community, the other 65% just the scope of the game. RA generated interest again, so did kickstarter, but those here say Blegh. What is interest?

• kkelly9kkelly9 Member Posts: 6

Now you both can move along and "up vote" your steam circle jerk thing.  Not going to help, because the gaming community either doesn't know about wwiiol or does and thinks it's a joke.

But whatever passes the time for you.  God knows you can't play wwiiol.

your obviously still able to read the forums there or on their facebook page, to know about the steam push. i see you've been unhappy with the game since 2009. why not just let it go and move onto another game? all gamers have their frustrations with the games they play, but when it becomes untolerable, as it has for you with ww2online, they move onto something they can be happy in again, and leave the old games in their past. im sure you've heard the old addage ' theres no such thing as bad publicity'. talk up the games you like, instead of the ones you dont.

p.s. as an example me and a buddy just started playing swtor after swearing it off because swg closed. but it has gotten old trying to get air rotated, and help from AHC on defense, so we start looking for something more fun and less frustrating. thats what you do. and the last two days in swtor trial has been a blast for us. if it continues that way, we wont be looking back.

• SparreSparre Member Posts: 257
    So how is it to have CRS living for free up in your head Axishatr? Must be very noise hearing Doc laughing at you all the time, and not even pay any rent for staying there. Hell of annoying. :)

Oh man here comes more of the forum scum.

Don't come in here and spread your bathroom spray.  The game is still crap.

As a customer I have the right to tell people of my personal experience and issues with the owners.  I literally spent $4000 on this game since I've played and have had nothing but unsatisfactory service from the get go.

The game was fun at one time.  I played everyday a total of 10 hours or more along with working full time.  I served as MAP OIC for a few months.  I trained people.  I welcomed new people and lead many squad fights along the way.

I hooked people on this game and pushed it as hard as all of you are doing now.  The difference is the time now.

This time the game is bad bad bad.  CRS took its unique game and just crapped on it time and time again.  They ignored their playerbase and continued to march in a direction that was the end......where we are today.  They pizzed off long time players and why?  To try to get some teeny bobbers to pay their $17.99 per month.  They took builder money given to them to help WWIIOL and secretly used it to try to develope some spin off crap that no one really wanted.  Then tried to cover their azzes with "its for the good of wwiol community and if you really cared you'd buy RA and STEAM and KICKSTARTER and so on.  They basically begged for money for a whole year after being azzholes on their forums to everyone that tried to point them in a direction that would take them somewhere other than HERE.  They failed.

Now, to trick all you diehards into staying they finally lauch F2P.  Just to give you idiots targets to shoot at and keep you paying DOC's wage while CRS scrambles to find another niche to sell to you and your friends.  They release 3 employees (or did they just see the light and run for the hills) to try to stay afloat.  CRS employees state that this game has NEVER been in the black and has been a burden to upkeep.  THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE WITH A 10 YEAR OLD GAME??

They are overpriced and have ruined me as a customer and made me so bitter that I want to make sure people know what they are getting into when they think about this game.  I want them to know how I was treated and how many many others were treated too!

Thats the things that CRS forgets is that they aren't GODS...they are a company that is supplying a product and a product that is advertised as working and having certain items.  They failed me on many counts over the last few years with quality and quanity and for that I am very very upset.  They know I am upset and have dont NOTHING to correct the problems I've had with them and their product.  NOTHING.

I would have let this go a long time ago if action to correct the issues happened.  Instead they blamed the community for not supporting enough and then had the balz enough to ask for more money and free assistance.

Terrible.

Enjoy things.  This is the end of the conversation for me.  Read into it what you wish and troll all you want.  Send all the forum brats here to chime in......because that's what keeps you guys playing.  The same 100 people fighting to keep the game YOU love alive.  The same 100 people, same names, same smart azz remarks and attacks to chase those willing to step forward and complain to the company for the product they have NOW and how wronged the community was....

S!

• maxiozmaxioz Member Posts: 16
    nvm.
    Yeah, put it on Steam.   I'd like the masses to vote on it and then have it fail.  That way you all can see your defense was for not.

as at the start of this thread, I repost this

Why WWIIOL (Battleground Europe) is nearly dead

Yes, I said it, WWIIOL is nearly dead. It lay on the table with IV’s in each arm, pain killers pumping through out its system, and closest family in the room over seeing the last few breaths.

It is a sad deal, but to one of the thousands of players that have “been around a while” it’s nothing of a shock. You see, WWIIOL has been dieing for YEARS. Sort of a slow death with not so many signs of pain either. Oh, don’t get me wrong, the last couple years have been pain filled. Forum rumbles, mass quitting, staff leaving, server crashing, game instability, and the ever important “shut up there is nothing wrong” attitude shoved in the player base faces during it were the neon lighted signs of the time. But before the last couple years it was pretty good times.

Enough about what we already know. Now on to the cause of this…..

These are just opinions of mine, but some pretty strong indicators turned me to writing this report and stating these items. I’m not a professional writer as you can already see, but I still wanted to point out some things that might be used yet to save some aspect of the game or some other game/community teetering on the edge of death.

CRS is ultimately responsible. There is no way around it. Its missteps, blindness, and stubbornness are the #1 reasons this game is nearly dead.

You see, in any business, you must have a solid core to work with. From this core foundation you can build an empire on. CRS had this I believe and worked on the building quite well for many years. At some point though, they fell into the thinking that they knew it all, or at least that is how they were perceived by the community, after all they were the first MMORG large scale map game developers right!!! The requests of long time players and really the overall community fell upon deaf ears. Yes, you see, CRS was not in the wrong, ever (in their own minds). They brushed it off as a “few” upset people that got killed online over and over to many times and were just venting. Yes, that’s it! It’s not us, they thought, its just those stupid people out there (our customers). “F” them, they are not programmers or marketing majors……..we are smarter then they!

Well, that perceived thinking went on for 4 years. More people barked, so that meant there just were more crazy people out there trying to kill off CRS and its ultimate game that would never die.

Wrong.

The problems that the community saw and seen coming were there and are what the game is dealing with now. CRS dug a huge hole for itself and in some respect are still blaming the community for its woes.

The lack of players does not have anything to do with lack of community support. Being around 10 years is proof enough you had support, CRS. You had builders (some didn’t even get their statues). The lack of players is directly related to your opaque and most times offensive approach to any criticisms you received about your game or your staff. Its similar to a restaurant severing bad meal after bad meal and when someone complained about the meal and the prices you yell back at them, call them names, and then shut the door on them and have someone else tape their mouths shut.

That is horrible customer service. And many many former customers were treated that way. Another horrible way to keep people around. The funny part is this, for what? To muzzle people that were pointing you in the direction of what needed to be changed. But CRS would not listen. At this point they were still not in the wrong.

You ignored HUGE game issues and perused “easy” eye candy updates hoping you’d trick people to hang around longer and help fund this “game”. You even managed to draw up some “americans” and post it all over the place to gain more people, a gamble that did not work out. Sort of like borrowing money to build on to your shop but never having the cash flow to afford the payment on the initial loan….then going in and talking the banker into a “little more money” because “we are close to turning the bend”.

WRONG. Bad gamble. You never turned the bend.

You promised and again, your promise fell short. The Americans are STILL NOT IN GAME and you are still ironing out stability issues and some sort of political axis situation with the Americans entering the real map. No Americans but the axis get new semi autos to add to all their toys already in the game for YEARS!

What a mess. More people leave. Less people come and stay. Your employees start to get nervous and leave (move on to better things).

Now we get to the point where the business cannot even do the work anymore because times are so bad. CRS begs those that they nearly choked out 4 years prior (the squads) to help manage, control, and train the flow of new people to the game. The bad thing is that this flow of noobs from the terrible placements of advertising (limited) brought in the worst assortment of people maybe in the history of the game. Numbers of retained people had to be horribly low, as they were never published. From my understanding maybe 1 out of 100 or so stayed and ended up paying some sort of sub costs. But at least you can brag and post graphs (terrible graphs) about number of new people inflow.

This leads to that lovely sub costs. The highest anywhere. Did we mention all the sever issues and dropped promises?? Now we want to charge $17.99 for it. Yeah, we know, you COULD get it cheaper….you just got to sign up for a year or so and that way CRS could burn through you money fast still trying to pay that intial loan from the crazy banker off on the gamble that did not “turn the bend”.

Yes, that’s it. Help us pay for our mistakes and just deal with a game that isn’t running well. DON’T YOU WANT YOUR GAME TO LIVE!!!!!! (that come back got old quick).

So, some still pay and hope for better days. Several hopeful “this will save us” tries were made (that china mess and RA) but the reality of it all and something that was known by all involved is that the numbers were failing, miserably. It was dieing and dieing fast.

So, as the game is laid down on the ER bed….and its breath is slow and heavy panic sets in on the family. Suddenly confession is a good idea. Maybe it will save them. Maybe having everyone donate will bring a miracle. Maybe more money will save it now. Maybe. Maybe not.

But, money will only save jobs for a while. The end is near. We all will pass in time. This game is just going to beat us all at it. Money is not going to save it. Numbers would but CRS has chased all the good ones away. New younger kids don’t want this type of play. Not in mass numbers anyways. Plus, it’s really nothing new. It’s the same game and same graphics just in a different box and different map area. It’s the same thing you cannot sell on WWIIOL Campaign side…..but you’ve masked it well.

Maybe trying to break neck market to some short attention span kids will keep the oxygen on another year, but at sometime it might be best to let it pass. It would be more humane. Better for the family. Better for the community.

You guys let the game die 4 years ago. I commend you for trying to save it now that is so close to being dead. I imagine all family do that when their close ones go or are close to going. I’ve seen it in my family. But I say just let it go. Maybe that’s what it wants.

You should have listened to your community earlier and been more open to them earlier. Not chased squads away and killed squad play. You should have had a better community leader and customer support team….since the customers pay your wage and pay for your hobby of making this game and making it work and stay working. You should muzzled DOC and kept him from the eyes of the public and the ears of them to. He’s one of the most rude and asinine people I’ve ever talked to at times and really made your company look horrible in the forums, on the main page, and in gamers forums. I personally had 15 people hooked on this game that all left directly because of DOCs posts.

Now all of a sudden you want to show everyone where you are at and why you need what you are asking of them. Partially because that is the legal way to ask for donations and show disclosure, but the other part is now you are starting to get it. The community was not so dumb after all.

I hope praying or whatever you are doing now saves your game. I still cannot believe you are now begging for more money from those that you’ve treated so poorly over the years. I also cannot believe you’ve gotten suckers to stick their heads out to give money. Maybe your new community guy is doing his job. Maybe not.

If things fail I hope CRS learns from it on their next venture. Nazi Zombie Reign or whatever is in the works. Keep the sub cost low so people can afford it and continue to afford it. $18 is to much and asking for a whole year commitment is to much also. Don’t chase people away and don’t act like a dictatorship to your concerned customers. Gagging them only makes them more upset and less likely to ever help you in the future. It did in my case.

S! Good luck

This discussion has been closed.