Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWIIOL is dead UNLESS CRS goes to $8.00/mth for everyone.

$17.99 is TO MUCH!

$12.99 is TO MUCH and a year contract with a cancellation penality of $25 is TO MUCH!

Drop the price to $8.00 per month for everyone and watch people subscribe.

Or, be greedy people and terrible business managers and keep on overcharging and misleading people.

FTP is a joke.  It's more targets for the die hard deep pocket CRS DRONES that keep paying for this game (sometimes with multiple accounts) and keeping it going even though the graphics are over 10 years old and TRUE population is down down down.  FTP does nothing to bring revenue into the game other than keep those drones around.

The rest is smoke and mirror prop.

Comments

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Lol - another cry baby...

The solution is pretty simple for you my boy - choose not to play.... ta-da!!!

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    I tried the free trial awhile back... You couldn't PAY ME $8 a month to play this game.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• CanukplfCanukplf Member Posts: 5
    Game to hard for you. We understand.
  • Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118
    If they drop it to $5 a month I'll think about coming back. :(
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Canukplf
    Game to hard for you. We understand.

Yes it's too hard to stomach. I am completely unimpressed with this severly outdated, and clunky game. I love independent games, but it doesn't mean I support CRAPPY games.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• EzrelayEzrelay Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by axishatr

$17.99 is TO MUCH!

$12.99 is TO MUCH and a year contract with a cancellation penality of $25 is TO MUCH!

Or, be greedy people and terrible business managers and keep on overcharging and misleading people.

FTP is a joke.  It's more targets for the die hard deep pocket CRS DRONES that keep paying for this game (sometimes with multiple accounts) and keeping it going even though the graphics are over 10 years old and TRUE population is down down down.  FTP does nothing to bring revenue into the game other than keep those drones around.

lol you need to get another paper route son

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Go back to OT.  Obviously someone paid you some sperm to come here and defend your forums...I mean game.
  • mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56

9.99 for returning players 

if you are poor and can't afford the extra two bucks, ask your mom? 

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

S!

Hrica, 1st jaguers here

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents.

I feel the recurring monthly sub is soon to become a thing of the past.

GW2 has started some thing in motion that just makes sence on a weak economy.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Wow! I thought the GW2 and MO forums were nasty. There are some hardcore fanchildren up in here.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Wow! I thought the GW2 and MO forums were nasty. There are some hardcore fanchildren up in here.

!S

hey, these guys kill each other every day on the battlefield lol....there IS drama!!

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Szyporyn

Lol - another cry baby...

The solution is pretty simple for you my boy - choose not to play.... ta-da!!!

.. and that is precicely what everyone is doing. Hence why CRS is in the delimma they are in and why the WWIIOL goons are here in full force on the forum trolling threads which criticise the game and CRS themselves.

Personally, the $9.99 plan they offer is okay. It's hardly a great deal and in my opinion for WWIIOL at that price I think full access would be more reasonable. But I can make do with the equipment they give me and still have fun. Better to have some middleground than none at all, I suppose.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• MaxiosMaxios Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Well would you not defend something you like/love if you saw it beeing treated/commented in a unfairly way? I belive the majority of the WW2OL'ers who come here to defend a game they love playing is just to bring some kind of balance to the discussion, for too long the "haters" have gone oposed on these forums, well that is of the past, that wont happen again, we're here now :).

All your bases are belong to us!

What i cannot understand is the following: If you play a game, that you do not like.....well any normal sane person would just stop playing it and move onto a new hobby / a new game. That is not the case for these haters though, no no, they seem to make it their purpose in life to bring death and destruction on this game, by any means neccessary, often lies, and pure fiction involved when they try to describe how bad this game is, and some of them havent even played this game in 4-5 years!

I guess its a way for them to to "get back" at a game that they think treated them badly, hurt their precious ego or whatever reason might be behind this crusade of theirs. I just can't help to think about if these ppl used all this time/energy to something constructive instead....

I will not stand by and see a game i like to play beeing treated in this fashion totally undefended, im here to balance up the discussion and show the other side of the coin.

Come join the fun!

.:: www.wwiionline.com ::.

• SzyporynSzyporyn Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Maxios
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern Wow! I thought the GW2 and MO forums were nasty. There are some hardcore fanchildren up in here.

Well would you not defend something you like/love if you saw it beeing treated/commented in a unfairly way? I belive the majority of the WW2OL'ers who come here to defend a game they love playing is just to bring some kind of balance to the discussion, for too long the "haters" have gone oposed on these forums, well that is of the past, that wont happen again, we're here now :).

All your bases are belong to us!

What i cannot understand is the following: If you play a game, that you do not like.....well any normal sane person would just stop playing it and move onto a new hobby / a new game. That is not the case for these haters though, no no, they seem to make it their purpose in life to bring death and destruction on this game, by any means neccessary, often lies, and pure fiction involved when they try to describe how bad this game is, and some of them havent even played this game in 4-5 years!

I guess its a way for them to to "get back" at a game that they think treated them badly, hurt their precious ego or whatever reason might be behind this crusade of theirs. I just can't help to think about if these ppl used all this time/energy to something constructive instead....

I will not stand by and see a game i like to play beeing treated in this fashion totally undefended, im here to balance up the discussion and show the other side of the coin.

Amen brother :-D

• SparreSparre Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by axishatr

$17.99 is TO MUCH!

why do you even care? You think the game is crap anyway. People don't need to pay anything to play. It is free2play but you missed that one it seems.

LIMITED UNIT  F2P=Targets for die hard players CRS needs to stick around

$12.99=Oh god please commit for a year so we can eat because we cannot get people to commit to new subs

$17.99=The REAL PRICE OF THE FULL GAME for people that know CRS is day to day at best and will not refund any money to you if they go belly up.

Thats pretty much it.

I am mad because I've invested so much into a game that turned into crap.  Is terrible expensive to play and I've seen a hundred of fellow players leave because of that reason only.  The others that have left went because of direct CRS actions/lack of action.

They made me mad.  They ignored me.  They provided me a terrible service.  The next time you have a horrible meal and someone spits or craps in it...I dare you to not say a word in complaint.  If you do I hope they shove you out the door and label you a fooking loser and never let you back in.

See how you feel then.  Until then. STFU

• BBC4whitewmnBBC4whitewmn Member Posts: 3

Oh, look, holy crusdaders posting on a sub forum that hardly gets any traffic.    You go girls.   Yeah those old skool forum invasions back in the good old days  always worked to CRS' advantage in attracting new players to the game. 

Here's a tip for you.   Whether or not the game continues to exist is entirely independent about  who says what about  CRS or the game itself on some random forum.  

• They just went to free play - with the option to subscribe or not - it's up to you.

The whole argument about the cost is irrelevant.  You can still play - even if you can't or won't pay.  

A whole lot of hand-waving over something that is irrelevant.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Malus-wwiionline

They just went to free play - with the option to subscribe or not - it's up to you.

The whole argument about the cost is irrelevant.  You can still play - even if you can't or won't pay.  

A whole lot of hand-waving over something that is irrelevant.

Personally I think discussing the sub fee IS relavent.

After all, this is a Forum to discuss our opinions and share ideals about games, right? And this IS the subsection for WW2 Online, right? So making a thread discussing the cost of this game (which is quite high IMHO) is not only relavent, but welcome discussion.

-Plus this is becoming the new MO forum since MO seems pretty dead and there isnt anything to discuss. The more you guys come here in organized "defense" of any percieved negativity on the game- The worse its going to get. Trust me- For entertainment value this is a good thing, but as far as bad publicity and all... Not so good.

EDIT: Also note that I have no Dog in this fight. I think WW2 Online is a cool game and think much of the "hate" is unfounded- That said, I think the Company behind WW2 Online is very shady and is the reason for its troubles.

-No. I dont play (not even for free) but I once did. had a good time and saw potential, but....

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

i played quie a bit of WWII:OL a few years back (the graphics were bad then, and had just been overhauled)...

the depth of the combat/strategic system is/was lovely and engaging, but i really couldn't justify paying the sub fee anymore.

it's not that i mind paying for a good game, but i just felt WWII:OL's time had passed. recently, i've put in some time in the Heroes and Generals beta. it has similar mechanics with a strategic map, and great 12v12 (soon to increase to 16v16...and more if they can manage). many vets from WWII:OL have gravitated over. it is (will be) F2P with a very fair system that doesn't involve P2W transactions, and the graphics are gorgeous despite the fact that it runs chiefly right in your browser.

although i have been tempted to return to WWII:OL with the (very limited) F2P system, i've decided to move on to H&G. i have even invested real money in the game via their very creative War Bond system. MMORPG did a nice write-up just last week, i think, and Rock, Paper, Shotgun has also had very nice things to say. go apply for the beta, as i think they are looking pretty aggressively to expand the test-base.  

cheers!

S!

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

i played quie a bit of WWII:OL a few years back (the graphics were bad then, and had just been overhauled)...

the depth of the combat/strategic system is/was lovely and engaging, but i really couldn't justify paying the sub fee anymore.

it's not that i mind paying for a good game, but i just felt WWII:OL's time had passed. recently, i've put in some time in the Heroes and Generals beta. it has similar mechanics with a strategic map, and great 12v12 (soon to increase to 16v16...and more if they can manage). many vets from WWII:OL have gravitated over. it is (will be) F2P with a very fair system that doesn't involve P2W transactions, and the graphics are gorgeous despite the fact that it runs chiefly right in your browser.

although i have been tempted to return to WWII:OL with the (very limited) F2P system, i've decided to move on to H&G. i have even invested real money in the game via their very creative War Bond system. MMORPG did a nice write-up just last week, i think, and Rock, Paper, Shotgun has also had very nice things to say. go apply for the beta, as i think they are looking pretty aggressively to expand the test-base.  

cheers!

S!

Yeah, free-to-play is pretty much useless unless you're an infantryman or in the early stages of the war. Why people keep trying to push F2P as a viable solution is beyond me. It's still just a glorified trial. But if you weren't aware they do actually have the $10 plan now which -in my opinion- is somewhat reasonable. Though, as you said, you feel your time has passed with the game.

I played in the early stages of G&H and it was quite a bit of fun. Hopefully like you said in the future they increase the player numbers (which I think they said they were planning beyond 32 players) as that's a pretty big concern. And a lot of ex-WWIIOL players have made their way to that game. Great fun playing with them.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

Again, until the rate is dropped (really dropped not tricky get ya back illusion drop) to $8.00 per month no one is going to stick around in large enough numbers to keep this cancer patient alive....
  • TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

F2P and the general playbase now even changes the dynamics of the game and whether it's worth it.  After the crash of the squads and the vets leaving, ATG usefullness took a dive.   Not much point spending 10 min getting that perfect ATG spot for the incoming armor when everyone will pile into tanks and drive past you to be first and fight the enemy before they are all dead.

I think that's a lot of the issues when some folks see the game as dead and others as still being fun.  Lots of it depends on the gameplay you were looking for and/or the units that were your fav.   Last time I played I know it sucked a lot of fun out of it when being an ATG on a reverse slope defence at Chimay, I watched tank after tank driving past and going over the ridge to die instantly.  The one 'team player' who did it repeatedly and reported to his squad that 'yep enemy tanks still there' and then finally 'we're out of tanks' capped it off.  It was that type of FPS zergfest I started playing WWIIOL to avoid in the first place, it was fully worth the $15/month at the time to get something different.

Damage model, one hit kills etc. are all fine and dandy, but if the actually play from the players is going to be like any other FPS, big deal.  If I'm going to get regular FPS style zerging (and from what I've seen currently, I see better squad work in Planetside2 in the beta vids) in WWIIOL and one is totally F2P and the other isn't....

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Let's look at an approximate competitor:

As it's planned right now Planetside 2 will be 100% free-to-play with the option of paying $14.99/month for additional benefits like XP/resource gain and some cosmetic stuff. F2P players will still be able to make microtransactions if they want to boost themselves but don't feel like committing to a subscription.

So some obvious problems are:

--WW2online is charging 20% more per month than a brand new AAA title.

--WW2online isn't really a true free-to-play game as you aren't given access to all or even the majority of major items and abilities

--There isn't any way for a F2P player in WW2online to make a minor purchase for some reason, like in order to be able to create missions.

I agree at the $7.99 subscription level. They should've also had a free option no later than 2010. I can't remember when they changed it but for the longest time even a trial player had to provide a credit card number which was a huge recruitment hurdle to overcome. Since their point/rank system is so flawed they cannot hope to monetize that aspect of the game.

DOC always claimed to have the raw numbers; I wonder if they ever analyzed the impact dual accounters had on gameplay. After the price hike and the doldrums post-2010 I dropped mine, and I held off longer than a lot of other players.

• antipropaantipropa Member Posts: 21

I don't agree with this.  $8.00 is too much

Free is too much for this game.  I'm moving on to something else after losing a large amount of money to their false advertising and cell phone termination contract trick.