Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

blizzard= apple inc.

Its strange why havent they annocue blizzard the most valuable gaming company in the world? I mean i can safely say blizzard is up there with Apple Inc. 

Apple invented the iphone, blizzarrd invented mmorpg.

Comments

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Try again.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    most likely because of the rest of activision pulling it down.
  • TalonsWingTalonsWing Member Posts: 33

The OP is exactly right.

Blizzard doesn't innovate.  It borrows and packages, just like Apple :)

I don't think most posters here know that Blizzard basically copied/licensed Warhammer content. And Apple took what it liked out in the world of technology and packaged it as its own.  (And all of the Blizzard developers were programming while a copy of SWG was on their desktops.  True story reported in leading gaming magazines.)

Both companies are very good at what they do.  To be sure.  They aren't revolutionary however.  Just evolutionary.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

No he's right... Just like Apple Blizzard has built an empire from stealing other people's ideas, changing them just a little and then claiming how innovative they are. I think he may be onto something here.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by TalonsWing

The OP is exactly right.

Blizzard doesn't innovate.  It borrows and packages, just like Apple :)

I don't think most posters here know that Blizzard basically copied/licensed Warhammer content. And Apple took what it liked out in the world of technology and packaged it as its own.  (And all of the Blizzard developers were programming while a copy of SWG was on their desktops.  True story reported in leading gaming magazines.)

Both companies are very good at what they do.  To be sure.  They aren't revolutionary however.  Just evolutionary.

Bahaha true story.

BUT WAIT!

The Iphone 5 has a 4" screen and built in twitter feed!!!

/sarcasm off

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    I wonder if games workshop wishes so long ago they have not pulled their ip from blizzard.
  • FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Blizzard rips off everything that came before it and combined it into WoW, and called everything they did "theirs".

Apple takes everything before it, and around it presently, repackages it as its own and sues anyone who tries to do the same or tries to use their own original idea that Apple has stolen simply because Apple is big enough to "out-last" smaller companies in a court case.

Both are equally stagnant companies.

Have you seen any innovations done in Apple's private sector for hardware? NOPE, they constantly take PC innovated parts, re-tool them to Apple proprietary software & hardware mounting brackets, and then repackage it all as Apple's core advancing tech. Sad really....

Good point OP, spot on.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Blizzard totally did invent MMORPG. But I keep hearing these rumors and legends about these things called UO, EQ2, and Runescape -which is older than WoW surprisingly...

Top companies refine not produce r&d.
    Edison did not invent the lightbulb. He just invented the first practical one for the masses. He still gets the credit. Blizzard made the first practical mmo for the masses and will probably get the credit.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by MeGaTronPower

Its strange why havent they annocue blizzard the most valuable gaming company in the world? I mean i can safely say blizzard is up there with Apple Inc. 

Apple invented the iphone, blizzarrd invented mmorpg.

WRONG and WRONG!

Apple did NOT invente the iPhoney, just made an existing gadged (the cellular phone) into a wannahave fashion item. It does all things it should (call and SMS), and along side it does, well everythig else you want, even cook a meal I guess.

Blizzard did the same as Apple with the iPhoney. They did not invent the damn thing, just looked good at the competition and took what they liked and dropped it in their own franchise and made it a MMORPG. And is it a MMORPG..? Well, technically it is, but practically it's only a raiding HUB game.

/rant off

About your 1st part... I guess you might be right that Blizzard is probably the #1 gaming company in value. READ WELL - I SAID PROBABLY. If you take only Blizzard (strip Activision's assets), it's not #1 though, but some Korean MMO/gaming company will be #1 I guess ;)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
        If they both went away forever,  I wouldn't lose any sleep.