Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Monthly Live Stream Events Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware and the Star Wars: The Old Republic team have announced that monthly live stream events will be held with the community being given the opportunity to ask questions of burning concern. The first event is scheduled to take place on September 21st from 4-4:30 p.m. CDT.

The first LiveStream Event will discuss Game Update 1.4 – Terror From Beyond. This Game Update brings a brand new Operation, enhanced customization options, and expanded social features to The Old Republic. If you’d like to participate in this LiveStream Q&A Event, you can ask questions beforehand on the official forums or live on the LiveStream through Livestream chat, Twitter (#SWTOR), and Facebook.

Read more on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    They must be desperate if they are willing to subject themselves to the onslaught of a community let down.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Panic time!
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Talk is cheap and these guys can hype a game.
  • TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

I admit it freely - I completely bought into their pre-release hype and I have no one to blame but myself. But I'm resourceful if not anything - that $180 Collector's Edition I bought makes a downright dandy doorstop.

They better have plenty of fire extinguishers for all those burning questions.

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    You know they're going to answer only questions they want to answer... it's just their regular q&a but they're going to livestream it.
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    You know they're going to answer only questions they want to answer... it's just their regular q&a but they're going to livestream it.

exactly, they will only answer questions that are very closely related to the game, they wont say anything about llum or Open world pvp or fixing the lag anymore nor will they talk about the plan of making the game go less instanced, they are stubborn ones.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I almost forgot about this game.  Did it go free to play yet or are they trying to push out an expansion first?

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Players can now ask questions live, pure and meaningful questions, provided they are submitted beforehand on the forums and pass a comprehensive screening.  Also players can now put forth questions on twitter, where they will be reviewed in a live environment by moderators and tossed aside, all in real-time.

Sounds like every other EA Q&A session?

Lets pick a question that will actually get on the stream .. hmm, can't be anything about this games future and the sluggish content updates, stale lifeless environments, no open PVP on PVP servers, abuse of instancing/phasing ..  .. hmm .. ah, I got it: "What is Jeff Hickman's favorite speeder?"  MMO'ers are just dying to know.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Awesome!!
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

If you think they are really going to answer the hard ball questions lol I got news for you.  They pick and choose and only questions they want to answer get one.   Nothing is going to be live about it. Other than streaming answers.  Eq2 does the same thing.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230
    They have 8 months of feedback and i dont see this going anywhere other then letting devs screw off instead of developing lol. Look how much progress was made from the guild summit. 1.2 ilum revamp  sigh..shakes head just seems like a waste of time 
  • CallMeSinnerCallMeSinner Member UncommonPosts: 7
    180$? LOL. joke is on you my friend.