Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Diablo 3 is considered an mmorpg, Borderlands 2 should be on here

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by LethalJaxx
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Diablo 3 is lot more popular than Borderland. So they list games accordance to general interest of gamers.

Popularity should not be the deciding factor in which games should be promoted. This site should only list MMO's. The only reason Diablo 3 is listed here is to get more hits, and as such, more ad revenue. They get away with it, because a lot of people see Diablo as the origin of online RPGs, and with that, MMORPGs.

I think they list games that are somewhat related to rpg's or mmorpg's.

Diablo was never a mmorpg but it is an online game, played by a lot of people and is related to other "online games".

I"m glad that this site has popular rpg's and games that are online but that are of interest.

If any site is to survive it has to be able to adapt.

Otherwise we'll go to other sites and maybe those sites will start reporting about mmo's and maybe mmorpg will lose viewers (or whatever we are called).

As long as the thrust of this site is about mmo's it's not a bad thing.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I vote for including Borderlands 2 here too.

The reason that Diablo 3 is here, despite not a "proper" MMO, is that its play style is close enough. How many will log in to WOW, hit a button and wait for a dungeon to pop? And do some AH in-between?

Many players are doing automatic small group adventures in MMOs .. which is exactly what D3 and BL2 are.

Now BL2 is missing a AH ... but i would consider its play style very similar to that of D3, and how many play MMOs.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts
    Oh so a community that arguably already has no clue what an MMO is in the first place now votes on what is and is not... BRILLIANT!

The community did not vote that D3 was an mmorpg. They voted that MMORPG.com should cover it and add a place to talk about it in the forums.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    This whole topis is one reason why we can't have nice things...
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by Psychow
    This whole topis is one reason why we can't have nice things...

+1

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts
    Oh so a community that arguably already has no clue what an MMO is in the first place now votes on what is and is not... BRILLIANT!

The community did not vote that D3 was an mmorpg. They voted that MMORPG.com should cover it and add a place to talk about it in the forums.

MMORPG is just a label. If the mmorpg.com community want to include discussion about Diablo 3, i do not see why not.

Some people here are too up tight about strict definition of MMORPG. BL2 is a pretty good game (although so far, it is pretty much very similar to BL1 except the environment), and it entertains ME better than most MMORPGs.

Since the play style is very close, i do not see why it should be discussed here.

Plus, the MMORPG genre is changing. Holding onto what a MMO is, in the past, is not very useful. You don't see many claiming adventure games have to be text-based anymore.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by halflife25
    Diablo 3 is lot more popular than Borderland.

But Borderlands 2 is actually fun to play.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky