Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This site

apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168

The internet doesn't stop. If its weekday, weekend or holiday the internet is still moving.

The people that run this site choose not to update it on weekends with the latest mmorpg game news.

Other sites (that are credible)  deliver news  if it be game, sports, entertainment or whatever update their sites everyday.

If it is a weekend or holiday or whatever day it may be they still update the site.

MMORPG.COM does not do this. Saturday and Sunday they do not deliver news.  Real companies on the net do not take breaks. Real companies on the net care about the users and the content for the users.

I'm probably gonna get an infraction or ban for this comment, but hey who cares.

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

This site is first and for-most about Forums.  99.99% of the users only come here to read Forums. I for one and I'm sure most everyone else don't expect to read anything else.

This web site is not to talk about specifics such as classes or answer questions, but to bitch if an mmo is good or express how you feel about a game....It does it's job well....I like it here, I could find out news from others here such as a warning if a game sucks or a good game, I also learn about batas....Its a one stop shop.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Seriously, you are griping about not having weekend news? Maybe the Internet keeps moving, but these guys get to take a break.  I don't begrudge them that.  This is an MMO site, not CNN.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by apb2011

The internet doesn't stop. If its weekday, weekend or holiday the internet is still moving.

The people that run this site choose not to update it on weekends with the latest mmorpg game news.

Other sites (that are credible)  deliver news  if it be game, sports, entertainment or whatever update their sites everyday.

If it is a weekend or holiday or whatever day it may be they still update the site.

MMORPG.COM does not do this. Saturday and Sunday they do not deliver news.  Real companies on the net do not take breaks. Real companies on the net care about the users and the content for the users.

I'm probably gonna get an infraction or ban for this comment, but hey who cares.

You're not going to get a ban for this. We welcome criticism. However, you are a bit off in your assessment. We do actually update the site on weekends, though updates are certainly lighter than during the weekdays. Unless its an organic story, there isn't generally much going on with regards to announcements on  weekends. Most 'official' news is doled out over the weekdays when it receives the most visibility.

With that said, we're working on improving our weekend coverge, but there's a good bit going on as it is outside of news already. We post a couple of features on both Saturday and Sunday and this is also when we do our podcast and community spotlight.

Thanks for your feedback!

Originally posted by delete5230

This site is first and for-most about Forums.  99.99% of the users only come here to read Forums. I for one and I'm sure most everyone else don't expect to read anything else.

This web site is not to talk about specifics such as classes or answer questions, but to bitch if an mmo is good or express how you feel about a game....It does it's job well....I like it here, I could find out news from others here such as a warning if a game sucks or a good game, I also learn about batas....Its a one stop shop.

Your numbers are WAY off the mark there, bud. :) Content and our forum community are equally important. And yes, our forums can be used for more than you describe, including 'talking about specifics' and 'asking questions'. In fact, we encourage it and even have Q&A sub-forums and class sub-forums for some of our games.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Hey more power to you guys! Take the weekends off. I wish more companies would do that for their employees. People>Buisness
  • ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    The only reason for this site for me and many is the forums. The reviews they post here and the Rating system is so out of whack.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    I don't think I've ever read anything on this site except the forums.  This is my only other site:  http://www.mmofront.com/ because I've played everything there is to play so I just keep looking to the horizon for the next WoW killer.  And I appreciate the forums here because they're alive.  Forums everywhere else are dead.  Why this is idk.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by worldalpha
    Seriously, you are griping about not having weekend news? Maybe the Internet keeps moving, but these guys get to take a break.  I don't begrudge them that.  This is an MMO site, not CNN.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

This site is first and for-most about Forums.  99.99% of the users only come here to read Forums.

/shrug... I like the news/ opinion pieces. More then the forums tbh.

As for weekend news... couldn't care.

Originally posted by Vesavius

This site is first and for-most about Forums.  99.99% of the users only come here to read Forums.

/shrug... I like the news/ opinion pieces. More then the forums tbh.

As for weekend news... couldn't care.

Somethin' for everyone! ;)

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

As you can see from my join date, I've been coming to this site for quite awhile. Your criticism might've been valid in the past, and frankly years ago I never came here on the weekends because there was no news. But recently this has changed, and while not an avalanche of columns arrive on the weekends, there is at least some new stuff now.

And I come here for the articles, and sometimes stay for the ensuing discussion. I rarely use the forums except to get opinions on obscure games.

• bomenjohnbomenjohn Member Posts: 5
    I check this site, sound really good one for checking ratings and forums. Thanks for sharing. Everyone has the choice of using weekend’s time for something extra and different apart from doing the same monotonous job.

knitting needles

• alicebeautexalicebeautex Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by MikeB

Your numbers are WAY off the mark there, bud. :) Content and our forum community are equally important. And yes, our forums can be used for more than you describe, including 'talking about specifics' and 'asking questions'. In fact, we encourage it and even have Q&A sub-forums and class sub-forums for some of our games.

I do agree :) I found this forum interesting.