Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Difficulty and Class.. what's your thoughts?

13»

Comments

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Ranger = the easiest for me
    I primarily roll with the long bow / axe + warhorn combination and demolish everything in pve.
    For pets I use the eagle + bear and they are able to solo mobs of equal lvl.
    Never had much problems with managing the pets. Just need to pay attention to the Pet Management menu and learn their individual stats + abilities =^.^=

Roll the Dice

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by kafka1984
    I primarily roll with the long bow / axe + warhorn combination and demolish everything in pve.
    Never had much problems with managing the pets. Just need to pay attention to the Pet Management menu and learn their individual stats + abilities =^.^=

my friend swears by that same setup in sPVP as well:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by wyldmagik

Pfft to the guy saying mesmer was the weakest class, with no joy with trying any weapons they were all weak lol's just lol's

Check out the 3 mesmer guides.... and think again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPrometheus0110

mesmer is my main spvp class right now.. probably strongest all around sPVP class atm imho

Mesmer's only direct counter is smart play.

I deleted mine, but will eventually come back to it (might make it sylvari).

PS - there was a lvl 80 warrior with an axe who was aoe bleeding/debuffing a bunch of guildies.... till I pulled in the conditions and  put them on him... then spread it around in a nice lather ;)

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    I find it kind of laughable that anybody is saying any of these classes is hard.  Some of them are definitely easier than others, but ive so far played thief to 58, necro to 14, and elem to 11, and none were *hard*, elem i found to be far more fun and easier than thief or necro, but i liked the way thief played so i stuck with it.

how is it laughable? everyone has their own definition of the word "hard". For me certain classes were actually pretty damn hard on several of the class story quests.. also found some of the classes could easily solo some champions while others I had no chance in hell.

Um, yeah, I agree with Aerowin. I find playing Necro hard and I'm quite certain the problem is me because everyone else talks about it being faceroll easy. By the same token, I find guardian challenging, but in a FUN way and I hear lots of people complain that guardian is 'hard'.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by kafka1984

my friend swears by that same setup in sPVP as well:)

I've tried longbow/axe-warhorn, shortbow/axe-warhorn and I'd really like to try longbow/shortbow.

The mobility and aoe of axe/warhorn is just incredibly fun.

• zeropridezeropride Member UncommonPosts: 41

Currenly stopped playing because i couldnt find a class i liked. Got a warrior at level 42 then got bored.

I dig the combat and art this game has but i find every class in RIFT to be fun. So ill be heading back there. 

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Bjelar

Weird, I have played most classes to lvl 15 too, and I have different experiences :p

Me too and said this only class I find on terribly low dps is mesmer. No problem with any other class (true, all between 7 and 11 only, but enough to get grasp) but mesmer. Incredibly slow to kil, and have leveled all weapons. Meh, will be surely last to be leveled. :-)

• XianthosXianthos Member Posts: 723

--- Currently playing my lvl 80 engi. Never had any problems playing him.

Though he lacks dps / survavibility compared to other classes, yet still fun to play. (Rifle dps spec).

--- Thief extremly easy class (using dagger / pistol combo). In PvP and PvE im facerolling with it.

--- Warrior again extremly easy class (hundread sword build).

--- Guardian. Tryed playing him, but couldnt get into it (dont know if i it didnt suit my playstyle or was too hard for me).

--- Ranger / Necro / Mesmer/Elementalist werent played long enough to make an oppinion about them.

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

I play muly class's in beta, however so far in the game after beta. I only Play Mesmer, since in beta's it became my fav.

Which I knew it would as well, since if anyone knew my gamming history. You would know I always trying to get teh close's class to being the mind effecting class. 

I just love messing with other people:)

Well from my beta exp, all class's was easy for me. Got all to lvl 20-25, well one was about mdeium to me.

It was the engi, it was the ahrdest for me, but even that was not that big deal. Once I understood it a bit.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

So far most of the classes start off ethier easy or hard I have all classes in the low 20's to high 30's my highest is Warrior he is lvl 50 and by far the easiest to play but I played a Warrior / Monk in GW1 mostly. Ranger is the next easiest to lvl for me the the Thief / Necro. The Mesmer and ele where not hard just different to my playstyle but love both these classes. The engineer has been the one I had the most trouble with but made a break through last night when I switched from following the engineer crowd of builds I use mostly pistol / shield and run with few turrets and flamethower when in a group and love it now. As for my most enjoyed lvling I would say Necro and Gaurdian have been the most fun with mesmer next. 

Now for pvp I find it hard to not play all my classes in a little pvp ethier WvW or spvp they are all so rounded I do best with my Warrior and Engineer in pvp but enjoy all of them in it. I dont have any trouble with any of them there cause I know them so well now that I dont even think much when I play I just get in and have a blast win or lose but I have only lost in spvp 3 times out of 24 and my server in WvW has not been doing that well but no worries I dont die that often in it.

The classes in easiest to hardest for me.

Easy: Warrior / Gaurdian / Nerco / Thief / Ranger

Medium: Mesmer / Ele

Hard: Engineer

I also find it helps to pick a race that fits your class play style like me my necro is a Asura my ranger and thief are Sylvari my warrior is Norn and my gaurdian and ele is Human and my mesmer and engineer are Char. These races fit so well for me fo these classes that I enjoy them so much this way.

P.S. I also have to say that you dont really know how well a class is till you hit around lvl 30 when you start getting gear with more then one stat on it after that most classes come to be what they are.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

I found Necro one of the hardest to play until mid level's, once you get Hemophilia (25% bleed increase) it seems to get easier, but now i'm at level 67 and i'm having to focus on my DS build to do any type of dps to the Risen.

Bleeds work on mobs my level or lower, but seem to lack largely on mobs any higher than me. I'm forcing myself to use DS as my primary dps which is difficult, the less LF you have, the less dps you do, so you have to float in and out constantly. 10 sec timer is rough though, can't wait for that 3rd tier trait for CD on it.

I got 2 warriors, 1 level 15, 1 level 25, one's rifle, ones axe/axe, both are crit builds and damn are they easy compared to my Necro haha.

Engi is tougher, would put it right there with Necro. Flamethrow throws out some good dps, can get some decent burst builds, but Engi's have lots of CC, I like that.

Elementalist was easy for me to play, i'd put it at one of the easiest personally. I played this all through the BWE's and part of launch, I decided to re-roll Necro cause I seen less of them.

Thiefs are tough in PvE, mild in PvP, unless you use heartseeker build, then it's just spam one button. Lame. 

Gaurdian i'd put right there with axe/axe warrior, doesn't have the crit dps my rifle warrior does, but does good sustained dps, and the survivability.... 

I'd put Warrior, Ele, Gaurdian for easiest. -- straight forward classes imo.

Thief, mesmer, ranger for medium, depends on the spec, can go up one or down one, mesmers fall inbetween medium/hard for me.

Necro, Engi for hardest to learn/adapt, they do low dps. Have to get creative to get the smae results as other classes.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.