Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: Grab the Soundtrack Today for Free

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a new post on the Torchlight II Facebook page, fans of Torchlight II can grab the original soundtrack for the game for free today. Torchlight II is set to hit the Internet on Thursday, September 20th so grab it today!

We're in the final stretch before launch (2 days!! OMG!!) and we're excited to unlock a treat in honor of all our fans: The full official soundtrack, mixed and mastered specifically for your listening enjoyment, in professional CD-quality. Free.

Go, go, get it! Download the musical amazingness of Matt Uelmen!

Grab it on the Torchlight II site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Thanks for the heads-up. Grabbing it now.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

When it comes to Action-RPG’s, Torchlight 2 is as good as it gets, with its massive amount of content, online co-op, new skill system, new and easy to use interface, beautifully created areas to explore and four great character classes to mold. Runic were on to something special with the original Torchlight and have managed to update what was so great about it and create a truly complete experience with so few flaws that it’s as close to perfect as you can get in my opinion. The best part of all is that you only have to pay $20 to experience it.

Score: 10/10

Reviews are starting to appear online :D

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

What a nice gift to people that may not even buy the game.  Thanks for the info!

I'm still on the fence regarding TL2 but I'm sure I'll eventually get it.  I just have a feeling it won't interest me more than a few weeks.  This is based on TL1 being played by me for only about 25-30 hours.  The same was true of Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege.  Not having closed BNET like servers is a longevity killer for me in ARPGs.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

What a nice gift to people that may not even buy the game.  Thanks for the info!

I'm still on the fence regarding TL2 but I'm sure I'll eventually get it.  I just have a feeling it won't interest me more than a few weeks.  This is based on TL1 being played by me for only about 25-30 hours.  The same was true of Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege.  Not having closed BNET like servers is a longevity killer for me in ARPGs.

I actually prefer having the options of playing single player offline, LAN without internet connectivity, and internet co-op.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Nice, that's pretty cool.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

if that's the case then you should just wait for the inevitable 2$-5$ steam sales

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Weel, that's purely a choice you are making. With all the mods and stuff for TL1 and TQ you could be playing them for a looong time. New mods come out for them all the time, Soulvizier is a recent one for TQ (which I've just been checking out these last few days). Closed servers has it's downsides; no user created content.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138
    I've seen some videos of Torchlight 2 at YouTube. It actually looks like a really fun game compared to Torchlight 1. I mainly had fun with Torchlight 1 because I got tired of playing Diablo 2.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    This makes the Diablo III music look bad.  Makes you want to play Torchlight II just to listen to the music.
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    This makes the Diablo III music look bad.  Makes you want to play Torchlight II just to listen to the music.

Some of the new D3 music is pretty good.  But too much of it, like the music you hear when logging in sounds like it was ripped from WOW.  They shouldn't have used the WOW composer for D3.  There's too much overlap in their game design philosophies as it is. 

Originally posted by Vannor

Weel, that's purely a choice you are making. With all the mods and stuff for TL1 and TQ you could be playing them for a looong time. New mods come out for them all the time, Soulvizier is a recent one for TQ (which I've just been checking out these last few days). Closed servers has it's downsides; no user created content.

Never really cared for mods.  I probably played over a 1,000 hours of D2 and less than 20 of them were single player.  To each their own.