Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Issue 2: Digging Deeper Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After several delays, The Secret World's Issue 2: Digging Deeper update has gone live. The update brings several important features online including cosmetic alterations for characters and the "Looking for Group" tool.

NEW Lair Kill missions :

• From Beyond the Iron Curtain (The Carpathian Fangs)

• The Spoils of Cold War (The Shadowy Forest)

• Midnight Mass (The Besieged Farmlands)

• Sinking Feelings (The Savage Coast)

• Unto the Beach (Kingsmouth)

• Citadel of Pain (City of the Sun God)

• Return of the Red Nights (The Scorched Desert)

• The House always Wins (Blue Mountain)

Read the full release notes on The Secret World's site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Huge list. Worth the wait.
  • plutosamsplutosams Member UncommonPosts: 50
    It is a huge list of updates.  I am excited to get home and get my rocket launcher!
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    YAY!
  • rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Now THAT is an update!

amazing, look at that patch notes list Oo.

Now I know why they had to delay it.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    While this is very awesome and i'm really happy for all you TSW players, this issue should have been released already last month. Now, while that's not much of a problem at all, this means there's stil issue 3 which Funcom themeselves said would be releasing this month. I really hope they can still pull it off, but at this time, i don't know. Also, Rocker Launcher FTW.
  • sycofiendsycofiend Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by MMOwanderer
    While this is very awesome and i'm really happy for all you TSW players, this issue should have been released already last month. Now, while that's not much of a problem at all, this means there's stil issue 3 which Funcom themeselves said would be releasing this month. I really hope they can still pull it off, but at this time, i don't know. Also, Rocker Launcher FTW.

It's the ultimate catch-22, they release on schedule wiht issues, everyone complains that they should have waited and fixed issues, they wait to fix issues, everyone complains the patch was late.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Holy sh** that's a lot for 1 1./2 months.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by sycofiend

It's the ultimate catch-22, they release on schedule wiht issues, everyone complains that they should have waited and fixed issues, they wait to fix issues, everyone complains the patch was late.

If people are so upset the patch was late they "could have" logged on pts and helped identify bugs.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    oO... That's a lot of new content and a shitload of updates. Lets hope FunCom keeps this up and show that they are dedicated to keep TSW top-notch. If they do (instead of making if F2P) I might pick it up as 2nd MMO to play ;)
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by sycofiend

If people are so upset the patch was late they "could have" logged on pts and helped identify bugs.

Playing on the test server and then repeating the same content on the live server just doesn't do it for some.

Most of the QQ on the forums wasn't about the update coming late. It was the fact that they kept saying tomorrow when most of us would rather they have just said it will take an extra week to begin with.

• OtheKOtheK Member UncommonPosts: 33

i don't understand why people complains about 2 weeks of delay for this amazing update of this amazing game. didn't you wait for months to they fix major bugs of your old crappy games?

great job funcom, go ahead!

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Impressive, most impressive. 

Now let me try all that in-game. :)

• FeydawayFeydaway Member Posts: 122
    The next patch is the Halloween patch - so October, not September.
  • ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177
    I must admit this update looks rel good, I might ever re-sub for a month to try it out.
  • BlossieBlossie Member Posts: 8
    The character appearence changes consist of 4 new faces (uggly) and some new hair styles that are really bad , theres nothing to improve the origional faces and the new hair styles are poorly designed , as a tsw fan i'm really disappointed :(
  • eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39

Well, there were some connectivity/server issues yesterday, I didn't encounter them much, just two 5s lags, but seen others having a bit trouble. Hopefully today will be easier. Rocket launcher is amazing 'fun', I used it meantime at NM and tank nearly died because I was shooting at mobs with a rocket (about 130dmg on my healer gear!). I was enjoying this like squirrel enjoys hugging hazelnuts. :D

Barber and face surgeon is nice, especially the place for surgery in New York, freaking me out a bit. New hairs are awesome, face options not so much - they doesn't make much change IMO. 

Overall, some delays doesn't bother me. If I wanted to wait for Aion update... announced in Feb, added finally on EU servers... last month. I feel better with Funcom's 'delays', lol.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Can't wait to update and get into the game tonight when I am home! :)