Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support is sub-optimal

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I know, counting Blizzard and WOW experiences as positive disqualifies me in the eyes of many here, but in the case of support I must say, it remains the shining example how ingame support SHOULD be. I remember various examples of bugges quests or not spawning mobs asf, where I asked for support and within 10-30 minutes a Blizzard GM came, unlocked or spwaned or did whatever was possible!

Now in GW2, I have experienced already 3 Skill Point challanges where for some reasons the NPC doesn't spawn or something else doesn't work. Last example: Vigil Keep and Gendarran Fields. The Skill Point NPC is gone. And does an ANet GM come to spawn it for me or unlock the skill point? Nope. Now in GW2 I worked that night the entire map, and that is the last one thing I need for map completition, which just makes it extremely frustrating. And it's not the first issue, where I had to write and days later I got some "we work on it" bla bla. Maybe other people got ingame help, I didn't.

Same with my crash, where I asked if some GM can just mark the story as done so I could proceed or something. Nada.

ARE there any GMs at all helping?? Or is that the price we pay for "free to play"??

I really, really think a Triple AAA MMO needs a fast ingame GM service for issues, the way I know and loved it from Blizzard. That is simply not acceptable.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

ANET is still going through launch month pains

I remember WOW during its first 3 months, Blizzard was swamped w issues too

http://www.gamespot.com/news/world-of-warcraft-wracked-by-problems-6116566

is it excusable?  no

will it get better?  yes

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

probably one of the benefits of paying for a subscription as opposed to not. 

just saying

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Nadia

is it excusable?  no

will it get better?  yes

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

probably one of the benefits of paying for a subscription as opposed to not. 

just saying

Just wanted to read it like this.

Just saying.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• MogcatMogcat Member UncommonPosts: 193

is it excusable?  no

will it get better?  yes

We are enternaly cursed to live to the standards of  2004/5.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Mogcat

is it excusable?  no

will it get better?  yes

Especially considering that Blizzard had by far the most extenuating circumstances of any MMO launch ever. Of course no one wants to acknowlege that they had no possible way to have forseen,  predicted or prepared for what happened to them. 

Did Anet have this excuse 8 year later?

Just sayin.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

(Blizzard) had by far the most extenuating circumstances of any MMO launch ever. Of course no one wants to acknowlege that they had no possible way to have forseen,  predicted or prepared for what happened to them. 

Just sayin.

for its time - yes blizzard had a flurry of players but it was less than 1 million

ANET wasnt prepared for GW2 popularity either -- as seen by closing down sales from ANET for 1 week

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

is it excusable?  no

will it get better?  yes

Especially considering that Blizzard had by far the most extenuating circumstances of any MMO launch ever. Of course no one wants to acknowlege that they had no possible way to have forseen,  predicted or prepared for what happened to them. 

Just sayin.

GW2 launch has been many times better. Each games launch is a seperate entity and in reality comparing them over and over is just a waste. Obviously you come here for one reason alone. Kind of boring dont you think?

Just sayin.

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

is it excusable?  no

will it get better?  yes

Just sayin.

GW2 launch has been many times better. Each games launch is a seperate entity and in reality comparing them over and over is just a waste. Obviously you come here for one reason alone. Kind of boring dont you think?

Just sayin.

Sure it was.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Literally have someone who finished 100% and got the response back after not getting the items "We are sorry, but we can't refund items due to a bug" So basically he got 100% complete for absolutely nothing. Yeah... somethings seriously messed up when you can't get a reward for a bug that is THEIR fault. If there is one part of Anet I'll actually stand one sided at and not give any defense to, its their support.

If YOUR game has issues YOU have the responsibility to the player to work on resolving it. Its fine to expect problems, but its not fine when your problems are a reason you won't help a player get back what YOUR bugs caused, specially if its a reward that you can get one time like 100% completion.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Literally have someone who finished 100% and got the response back after not getting the items "We are sorry, but we can't refund items due to a bug" So basically he got 100% complete for absolutely nothing. Yeah... somethings seriously messed up when you can't get a reward for a bug that is THEIR fault. If there is one part of Anet I'll actually stand one sided at and not give any defense to, its their support.

If YOUR game has issues YOU have the responsibility to the player to work on resolving it. Its fine to expect problems, but its not fine when your problems are a reason you won't help a player get back what YOUR bugs caused, specially if its a reward that you can get one time like 100% completion.

I wonder how their customer service would be if they were dependant on your ongoing monthly subscriptions.

Originally posted by Purutzil

i agree ANET has poor support

I was disappointed that ANET resumed sales without having support for account recovery

such as rollbacks or restoring deleted characters

they still have no support for this - but will in the future