Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do we know if first person view will be forced in new DF?

DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

I searched a few pages but didnt find the answer, so i ask here. does anybody know if first person view will be forced like in DF 1 ?

It is somthing that just wasnt for me, i love FPS but i just couldnt get into first person in a MMO for some reason.

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    FPP is just forced for ranged combat . but dunno for DF UW...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• witchkillerwitchkiller Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Yea it's FPS aiming so unless you're in melee it's first person...
  • TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by witchkiller
    Yea it's FPS aiming so unless you're in melee it's first person...

The only time you go into FPS is when using magic or bow. You can walk around in third person. You've been able to do that for years.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    If it's forced, it's a deal breaker for me. I can't stand first person view.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

In DF1 it was:

Melee = 3rd person

Bows & spells = 1st person

They had talked some time ago about allowing you to pick whichever you want. Not sure if they stuck with adding that into UW or not. No mention of it yet.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

As stated a few times it is 1st person for using a bow and a wand.

It really was not too bad in the first one. 

I do know that if you are running while casting or shooting bow your target will wobble (similar to many FPS games)  but they said it will not be major... just enough to make it not 100% accurate while moving.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by will75

How the hell else are you going to aim? 

• CallsignVegaCallsignVega Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by will75

How the hell else are you going to aim? 

lol, maybe he thinks he can aim through the back of his non-transparent character. 

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

after patchs in DF1 3rd person was only forced when a bow or staff was equipped for aiming magic/arrows.

if you check the new DF;UW video you can see 3rd person aiming with bow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Be1qaRy6uHQ

its pretty obvious now that DF:UW will not force force 1st person at all. its safe to assume 3rd or 1st will be completely optional.

My blog: image

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

As it appears the answer is "No"

All skills in combat, all third person.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Xarnthal

As it appears the answer is "No"

All skills in combat, all third person.

Haha, I think you are right.

It will be weird to have the crosshair offset over the right shoulder, but we`ll get used to that too. First person view will be one of the questions in tomorrows livestream here on mmorpg.com, so we just have to wait a little longer. If it is true all skills are third person, we`ll get some serious bitching on Forumfall.

Haha