Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars

Comments

• TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by TobiasGrey
    Originally posted by TruthXHurts
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Originally posted by Biskop
    @ Uhwop

It has been stated numerous times that ppl who have bought DF1 will get DF2 free of charge.

Just like they said that NA players wouldn't need to purchase a new copy of the game when they started the NA server?  Funny things, a lot of us ended up having to.

I didn't have to buy a new copy.  No problems transferring.  Why did you?

Because they had a period where they CHAREGED PEOPLE TO SWITCH. 

This isn't made up info, it's a fact.  It happend.  Never did I say EVERYONE, I said some people, like me.  I'm not a liar, I don't write fiction, I don't make things up.  Many people had to pay to move from the EU to the NA servers.  No one got on the NA server when it initially opened for free.

Fact:  AV stated that due to the NA server having a diffirent publisher then the EU version, and the way the deal worked with the NA publisher, they weren't allowed to let people move to the NA server freee of charge, you had to purchase a NA lisence in order to play ont he NA server. 

Fact:  Several months later they ran a promotional deal that allowed people to transfer without paying. 

I thought they charged you for a character transfer... You never HAD to transfer you could have started over with a fresh character.

You couldn't transfer for several months after the NA server opened.  If you wanted to play on the NA server when it opened you HAD to buy a lisence.  Even when I did it almost a year later I had to pay for a lisence, granted it was like 10 bucks by that time.  Free transfers were a promotion.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=230462

The free character transfer period is over, after it had been extended by more than one month.

You can now transfer your character between the EU1 and the NA1 servers for a small charge. You can do this up to once a month.

The charges are as follows:

NA1 to EU1 $14

This was the only way to play on the NA server without paying.  Either you purchased a new lisence when the NA server opened and started fresh, or you paid to transfer a character over.  At no point did they just let you move from the EU server to the NA server free, without there being some sort of promotion running.

I

Except for, you know the year which they let you do exactly that.

Aventurine promised that NA players would be accomodated when the NA server opened up, and they were. After the first 3 months of Darkfall's NA launch, NA players could transfer over from the EU server for free. The promotion lasted almost a year.

It was all very clear and announced well ahead of time. Not their fault if you were too dense to get it or you'd rather pretend they "tricked" you. You know them Greeks and their Trojan Horses.

It didn't last a year, stop lying.

When did I say I was "tricked", stop making things up.

They didn't accomodate anyone, stop writting fiction. 

They accomdated me, as I got to transfer over for free, exactly 3 months after the launch of NA1, which is exactly what they promised would happen.

And yes, the promotion lasted almost a year, they extended it several times and sent out emails each time they did it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    Originally posted by ironhelix

A day late, but here's the news they were teasing about... Can they deliver? Who knows...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T8FuVGXEMw&feature=youtu.be&a

This may be the only game that could stop me playing GW2!

You are an anomoly, I would thnk those two titles would cater to almost mutually exclusive player bases. image

I must say, I'm interested in the new DF, far more than GW2 which I've decided not to play at this point.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Originally posted by Kyleran

A day late, but here's the news they were teasing about... Can they deliver? Who knows...

You are an anomoly, I would thnk those two titles would cater to almost mutually exclusive player bases. image

I must say, I'm interested in the new DF, far more than GW2 which I've decided not to play at this point.

Aha I was playing GW2 just for something to do, I doubt I'm going to touch it again now this news has shockingly arrived! :D

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

Originally posted by mrcjevans
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Aha I was playing GW2 just for something to do, I doubt I'm going to touch it again now this news has shockingly arrived! :D

I was playing both Vanguard, and waiting to play GW2. GW2 because I'm so so tired of quest grinds that GW2's dynamic events feel like medicine, and it has DAoC, my favorite MMO's, RvR model. But I'll be playing Darkfall too.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I was playing both Vanguard, and waiting to play GW2. GW2 because I'm so so tired of quest grinds that GW2's dynamic events feel like medicine, and it has DAoC, my favorite MMO's, RvR model. But I'll be playing Darkfall too.

Me to.  My play time though is a lot different now than what it was a few years ago.  GW2 is a good fit for my casual play style right now.  I did love everything about Darkfall though but everything took so much time to do.  I will have to wait for more details.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    @ Uhwop

It has been stated numerous times that ppl who have bought DF1 will get DF2 free of charge.

Just like they said that NA players wouldn't need to purchase a new copy of the game when they started the NA server?  Funny things, a lot of us ended up having to.

This isn't made up info, it's a fact.  It happend.  Never did I say EVERYONE, I said some people, like me.  I'm not a liar, I don't write fiction, I don't make things up.  Many people had to pay to move from the EU to the NA servers.  No one got on the NA server when it initially opened for free.

Fact:  AV stated that due to the NA server having a diffirent publisher then the EU version, and the way the deal worked with the NA publisher, they weren't allowed to let people move to the NA server freee of charge, you had to purchase a NA lisence in order to play ont he NA server. 

Fact:  Several months later they ran a promotional deal that allowed people to transfer without paying. 

I thought they charged you for a character transfer... You never HAD to transfer you could have started over with a fresh character.

You couldn't transfer for several months after the NA server opened.  If you wanted to play on the NA server when it opened you HAD to buy a lisence.  Even when I did it almost a year later I had to pay for a lisence, granted it was like 10 bucks by that time.  Free transfers were a promotion.

The free character transfer period is over, after it had been extended by more than one month.

You can now transfer your character between the EU1 and the NA1 servers for a small charge. You can do this up to once a month.

NA1 to EU1 $14

This was the only way to play on the NA server without paying.  Either you purchased a new lisence when the NA server opened and started fresh, or you paid to transfer a character over.  At no point did they just let you move from the EU server to the NA server free, without there being some sort of promotion running.

I

Aventurine promised that NA players would be accomodated when the NA server opened up, and they were. After the first 3 months of Darkfall's NA launch, NA players could transfer over from the EU server for free. The promotion lasted almost a year.

It was all very clear and announced well ahead of time. Not their fault if you were too dense to get it or you'd rather pretend they "tricked" you. You know them Greeks and their Trojan Horses.

They accomdated me, as I got to transfer over for free, exactly 3 months after the launch of NA1, which is exactly what they promised would happen.

And yes, the promotion lasted almost a year, they extended it several times and sent out emails each time they did it.

Except that it didn't last almost a year, and it wasn't extended several times.  It was extended to a month longer then was originally intended.

You would think I didn't post this with a link earlier in the thread.  Kind of like instead of making crap up I actually went and provided a verifiable source for the informatiion.

Fact, the first server transfer only lasted 3 months, one month longer then they originally intended.  That is if it actually started in October, and not later.  They ended the free transfers in January of 2010, and you couldn't transfer in September of 2009. 

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=230462  This is the seconf time I've linked the info. 

How about not arguing things I never said or even implied. 

@ Uhwop

NA1 to EU1 $14

I

Except that it didn't last almost a year, and it wasn't extended several times.  It was extended to a month longer then was originally intended.

You would think I didn't post this with a link earlier in the thread.  Kind of like instead of making crap up I actually went and provided a verifiable source for the informatiion.

Fact, the first server transfer only lasted 3 months, one month longer then they originally intended.  That is if it actually started in October, and not later.  They ended the free transfers in January of 2010, and you couldn't transfer in September of 2009. 

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=230462  This is the seconf time I've linked the info. 

How about not arguing things I never said or even implied. 

First, that's not the only time transfers were available, second, it still doesn't prove what you said that "no one was accomodated". I never had to pay. Thousands of others never had to pay. Not AV's fault if you didn't opt into the deal.

Originally posted by ChaosChest

They have 100000 things to test and balance and tweak  from ignoring the original game all of these years

What? Ignoring the game? You mean the game that got 70 patches and 3 free expansions?

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    They supported DF1.0 very well, right up untill they decided to 'redo' the whole thing, after which we only got about 5-6 patches in 2(?) years time. In two months from now, Aventurine can finally show us exactly what they have been working on all this time.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

First, that's not the only time transfers were available, second, it still doesn't prove what you said that "no one was accomodated". I never had to pay. Thousands of others never had to pay. Not AV's fault if you didn't opt into the deal.

Once again.  Quit trying to argue things I never said. 

Just because they had a promotion doesn't mean they didn't charge people who already purchased the game, it is a fact that they did. 

So,

Firstly, once again in order for people to playon the NA server whenit opened they had to effectively repurchase the game.  They accomodated people by allowing them to transfer for free several months later.  Thousands of other people paid to play on the NA server, just because you chose to opt into a DEAL doesn't mean that thousands of other did. 

Once again, just because they offered a DEAL doesn't mean they didn't charge people, fact is they did.  Tasos even went into an antire reason for why they had to charge people. 

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

I absolutely love the idea behind Darkfall. The execution was lacking however, and I always felt that I was fighting the game instead of playing it. Regardless of how easy it was to get around the game's terrible flaws, it always bothered me in the back of my mind, and detracted from my enjoyment. I subbed for quite some time and dabbled casually, constantly aware of "what might have been". If they can wash away the sins of the first game, then Darkfall will finally be the game I have been looking for. 

We shall see.

• DarksixDarksix Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Its about time!!!!  Im so stoked!!

(PC Specs)
    AMD Phenom II 965 3.4 Quad
    8GB G-skill Ripjaw 1600mhz
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 1280mb
    Windows 7 64 bit

• MhorhamMhorham Member Posts: 146

I am glad to see AV manged to hang on and get funding for this.

I was really stoked for DF and pretty let down when it didnt live up to my expectations. I gave up on the genre for a few years and after coming back for swtor I was all but ready to give up on mmos for ever. But I will see what DFUW has to offer. Is it too much to hope that a pvp sandbox mmo can exist in todays gaming community?

• JaszJasz Member UncommonPosts: 67

This is the best news I've recieved in a long time concerning MMO's.

I am a current player of DFO and its been a rough road for the last couple years. This game needs to be promoted by both AV and the people who loved DFO but hated the fact that is was on the back burner for most of its MMO-life.

At last we get to see what we've all been waiting for.

• SulaSula Member Posts: 17
    Damn it. I'm genuinely excited about an AV product. This wont end well...
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Jayaris

If you haters actually watched the video you would know he explains the reason for the delays and the transition from an expansion to a releases as well as the name changes.

Darkfall 2.0 was just a placeholder name. 

Haters gonna hate, themselves more than anything else.

So was Darkfall 2010

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

Once again.  Quit trying to argue things I never said. 

Just because they had a promotion doesn't mean they didn't charge people who already purchased the game, it is a fact that they did. 

So,

Firstly, once again in order for people to playon the NA server whenit opened they had to effectively repurchase the game.  They accomodated people by allowing them to transfer for free several months later.  Thousands of other people paid to play on the NA server, just because you chose to opt into a DEAL doesn't mean that thousands of other did. 

Once again, just because they offered a DEAL doesn't mean they didn't charge people, fact is they did.  Tasos even went into an antire reason for why they had to charge people. 

Stop trying to twist the facts. I was one of those players who were accomodated by free transfers.

FACT: If you wanted a free transfer then you got it. People who didn't transfer knew about the promotion but decided to stay on EU. It was about 3 months after launch of NA that I got my free transfer.

They didn't let you transfer early on because it would be unfair to the NA players. You had to buy the game again if you didn't want to wait for transfers.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Finally, it's about time. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
    Originally posted by Jayaris
    The savior of the MMORPG genre? I think so.

Agreed. I hope it saves the genre, its the only one left.

I'm wondering if we will have to buy the whole game again or can we still use the darkfall we bought on release day?. There seems to be no word on this.
    Found out if you bought Darkfall on release you won't have to pay for Darkfall Unholy Wars. Very nice. It seems Adventurine is being fair about it.
  • ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    Originally posted by Gamefun
    I'm wondering if we will have to buy the whole game again or can we still use the darkfall we bought on release day?. There seems to be no word on this.

I am not going to dig up the link, but there has already been official word that anyone who ever paid for the client will NOT have to purchase it again.

Originally posted by Gamefun

I am not going to dig up the link, but there has already been official word that anyone who ever paid for the client will NOT have to purchase it again.

Yeah, I found it on the Darkfall forum, thanks for clarifying it though.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    A brief reading of the law, Dwarfs have been destroyed and Alfars taken over, 2 new races I think, not too sure! so excited!  you can download loads of info on the site! http://darkfallonline.com/uw/

Where did you read that Dwarves have been destroyed?

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by XAleX360
    A brief reading of the law, Dwarfs have been destroyed and Alfars taken over, 2 new races I think, not too sure! so excited!  you can download loads of info on the site! http://darkfallonline.com/uw/

Where did you read that Dwarves have been destroyed?

He gave u the link man....WTH moar u want?