Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Congratulations EA, another perfectly good developer  ruined. A moment of silence to remember the good times along with other developers like Bullfrog, Maxis and Westwood. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Second thread about it. Post in the original one instead.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    *A moment of silence*

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    The ship is sinking.
    The officers and crew have abandoned ship. Now they just hope to reach shore before the remaining passengers they are left all alone with water around their ankles.
  • BrotherDBrotherD Member Posts: 52
    Sad. Bioware used to make epic games.

Currently playing: AoC, RIFT, Champions Online, DDO, LORTO, STO and Tribes: Ascend
    Have Played: TSW, SWG, AO, EVE, WOW, EQ, EQ2, SW:TOR, GW,CoH, DCUO, RotMG, WAR,

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Cue the funeral dirges.  What is sad is that I think they realized their mistake once it was too late.... when he came out with a surprisingly contrite unscripted blogpost on Mass Effect 3 and the ending fiasco.

In the future Bioware will be yet another lesson to developers to be very careful who they get into bed with.  The two who founded this company are now so jaded they have lost all passion for the industry altogether.  Obviously more to this than is reported.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Quotation from the comment pages of www.theverge.com:

"SWTOR was so bad, it made the founders of the whole company quit."

Quotation from Ray Muzyka's suicide note:

"Never forget the importance of integrity with your fellow employees, as well as your investors, press and fans, and strive to embrace the power of humility in being able to admit mistakes and truly learn from them."

I think this is the key sentence where he says what he really wants to say about Bioware, EA and SWTOR.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by ericlatrelle
    Thing that's funny is that the super fanbois like Andryah and Sarfux think that it is just business as usual lol. I swear those two belong to a EAware Jim Jones cult with how much they praise EVERYTHING that EAware does.

Yeah the white knighting from Andryah is definitely special. It reminds me of the white knighting at the level of FFXIV. You really need to be "special" to reach that level of white knighting. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong to be positive, but when you see evidence that points the opposite... well. I wonder if she works for them or has worked for them, or has a spouse or relative that has or currently works for the company. She might be doing it on purpose just to "rile" people up. However... if she actually believes what she types, then yeah... yikes LOL.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by noncley

Quotation from the comment pages of www.theverge.com:

"SWTOR was so bad, it made the founders of the whole company quit."

laugh of the day for me. Thank you.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Ehh, i guess everyoneone knew BW was dead for a while now, SWTOR was just last testament to that, and it was just matter of time this would happen.

But they got. what, around 800m for BW from EA, so they are pretty well off lol

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Bioware Ireland has been repurposed for general EA use and is no longer part of the Bioware division.
  • iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    Originally posted by iceman00

Cue the funeral dirges.  What is sad is that I think they realized their mistake once it was too late.... when he came out with a surprisingly contrite unscripted blogpost on Mass Effect 3 and the ending fiasco.

In the future Bioware will be yet another lesson to developers to be very careful who they get into bed with.  The two who founded this company are now so jaded they have lost all passion for the industry altogether.  Obviously more to this than is reported.

Another thing noone has brought up is the fact, while the good Dr.'s may be telling the public they're just done with gaming, it's more than likely EA shoved them out like they did Richard Garriott when they took over Origin for UO. In order to leave, Garriott had to sign a contract preventing him from working in the game industry for a set number of years, which is why it was so long between Garriott's departure from UO until he came back with Tabula Rasa.

Certainly a possibility, and would partially explain why both of them were so fatalistic in their farewells.

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Another thing noone has brought up is the fact, while the good Dr.'s may be telling the public they're just done with gaming, it's more than likely EA shoved them out like they did Richard Garriott when they took over Origin for UO. In order to leave, Garriott had to sign a contract preventing him from working in the game industry for a set number of years, which is why it was so long between Garriott's departure from UO until he came back with Tabula Rasa.

Certainly a possibility, and would partially explain why both of them were so fatalistic in their farewells.

And why they left together.

• Ghost12Ghost12 Member Posts: 684
    Originally posted by noncley

Quotation from Ray Muzyka's suicide note:

"Never forget the importance of integrity with your fellow employees, as well as your investors, press and fans, and strive to embrace the power of humility in being able to admit mistakes and truly learn from them."

I think this is the key sentence where he says what he really wants to say about Bioware, EA and SWTOR.

WOW he said that?

Quite telling.

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80

hey if i made swtor i would be retiring too. Just saying. 

:p Its my opinion of course, but thats if i were in their shoes.