Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Global Launch Events Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard has announced a boatload of launch events to take place in nations around the world on September 24th when World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria officially kicks off live service. Blizzard employees will be on hand in the US, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Taiwan to meet players, sign copies of MoP and more.

Find out what's happening in your area on the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Events Page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Have to give blizzard kudos for keeping this game at the top of the charts.  It seems to be getting long in the tooth from my perspective, but they make all the other MMO's look like also rans with their numbers.

I don't have any intention of going back any time soon, I think there are a lot better games out there now. too many in fact, of course having 5 naked 85's with no cash definitely factors in to that decision.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    That video was pretty sweet. I'm not going to play WoW but I did think that the video was kinda of entertaining to watch.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

of course having 5 naked 85's with no cash definitely factors in to that decision.

ROFLMAO!

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Actually I logged in today, got 7 free days, I found it pretty hard to go from GW2 to wow. Stuff like this happens on occasion to me. I go back to something I used to like more than anything and find that it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Everytime that happens I think I just got closer to dieing. Oh well here's to new adventures but thanks for the great years wow, paintball, four wheelers, golf, fishing, football, hunting,.....
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

I still have some time left on my annual pass but I've not logged in several weeks now and as you were saying Rockniss, I can see it being hard to go back after playing GW2. It's the first WoW expansion where I’ve got no interest in the launch parties etc.

• deadmanbelldeadmanbell Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Really? Freaking Pandas??? Well I guess you make content to match your player base. For some reason it never registered that they where really going to put a panda race in this game.  Out of all the could have picked. Sad. R.I.P
  • QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by deadmanbell
    Really? Freaking Pandas??? Well I guess you make content to match your player base. For some reason it never registered that they where really going to put a panda race in this game.  Out of all the could have picked. Sad. R.I.P

I think they're really smart.  Well,that's stupid -  of course they are.  They know their western numbers are dropping, Pandas and the new Asian style is most likely a grab at many more million Asian players.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

I think they're really smart.  Well,that's stupid -  of course they are.  They know their western numbers are dropping, Pandas and the new Asian style is most likely a grab at many more million Asian players.

Exactly. And the next expansion is probably going to cater to the Greeks/Turks because there's huge potential there. Perhaps even Germany with

Commander Schnottz

Eleanor Rigby.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Yeah pandas...why put in the most requested race...idiots...blizzard is full of idiots
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Don't want to see WoW fail but its gotten old for me. I have out grown gear grinds, gear treadmills and vertical scaling content. Also IMO so has 15 bucks a month.
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

with the amount of subscribers they have, they can afford to keep the monthly...not to say im freakin sick of it too lol.

i really miss  wow, but compared to RIFT and eq2 even its list of features is kinda underwhelming.

also....f*ck pandas. f*cking retarded. people who followed lore since wc1 reading the instruction manuals and all the books  most likely dont give a shit for pandas. if they focused their efforts on making more contentcontent than animating the asscheeks for the female panda /dance i'm sure there'd be more respect for the expansion.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Highly doubt they care about respect from any poster on this site.
  • TussisTussis Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Yeah pandas...why put in the most requested race...idiots...blizzard is full of idiots

Yeah, Blizzard is full of idiots. That's why they've made one of the most successful MMORPGs ever.

Though I can't argue with you about the pandas... I don't think they fit at  all, but I also think they have to reach for a much younger crowd now that most of the hardcore raiders have moved on to another game.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

I'm really looking forward to the 24th to celebrate the first time I have absolutely no interest in another WoW expansion. To anyone still a fan though, I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying GW2!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Tussis

Yeah, Blizzard is full of idiots. That's why they've made one of the most successful MMORPGs ever.

Though I can't argue with you about the pandas... I don't think they fit at  all, but I also think they have to reach for a much younger crowd now that most of the hardcore raiders have moved on to another game.

Well the shining light was when they were just Blizzard.  Now (2009+) they are Activision-Blizzard, and the quality dropped tremendously.  Basically Blizzard sold everyone out, and now the suits don't really care what happens so much because they already got their cut from the sale and don't fully control what happens.

I expect the Panda expansion to just be another money grab, aiming at younger folks who don't know any better, and also China (where WoW holds the majority of their customers).  Panda's are sacred in China, so it's definitely a win there.

I don't expect quality to go up (just like how Cataclysm was a major step down).  I saw the pet battles, people got excited over this? lulzwut?  Everything else is rehashed / revamped and same-ol, same-ol.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• PixilatedPixilated Member UncommonPosts: 30

Blizzard went where the money is - China- Panda's will be a 4ever hit

and that was the target audience. I for one will never buy a Blizzard

product ever again-the D3 cash grab and now Pandas shows

Blizzard does'nt care about the "play for fun" market  anymore.

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519

I have no problem with Pandas. I'm okay with talking cows and talking walruses. What I have an issue with is Pandas from Pandaland who have a racial called Bouncy. If Blizzard wants people to take Pandas as something more than the longest April Fool's joke ever made,  they might want to consider trying it themselves first. 

• KoreanSoWhatKoreanSoWhat Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    Originally posted by deadmanbell

Not Asian, "Chinese" players. Rest of Asians don't care about panda shat.

• bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114

Same as the long-time ex-WoW players here... I can only now see myself having my own house on one of them floating patches of land in Nagrand wearing my retirement clothes watching players run around and fly around.  WoW is now just another page in my mmo adventures along with numerous other worlds.  These new MMOs feels unoriginal once you played the older titles.  They make all these claims of 'innovative' new titles but end up just another over-hyped candy bag with an assortment of half-baked cookies.

• NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452
    I recently went back to WoW. Started on a new server with some friends. Began to level all over again and found the experience quite enjoyable and fun. The game has so much to offer for those that dont just consume content as fast as they can click.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I am not a panda fan. I am not saying I won't ever play one: I would make one just to see the new starter area. It is really not that big of a deal that they are being put in as people make it seem to be. I am not fond of the female pandas, but I saw some male ones walking around Ogrimmar and they look pretty cool as do their mounts.

It is easy to bash WoW on the Oriental themed araes, because that is what everyone does. It makes sense to add them though because there is no single Oriental area in the game so far. We have dinosaurs, pleistocene, Australian Mad Max, Aztec and Mayan jungles, fantasy landscapes, gothic horror, alien/extra-terrestrial, and many others. We even have some "inner planes" style stuff, but it is really odd that there isn't a single Chinese, Korean, or Japanese area. Come to think of it, there isn't really an Indian or Cambodian area either.

If you loved AD&D back in the days when you had Oriental Adventures on top of the normal Forgotten Realms, Dragonhawk, etc., then this is no different (I doubt highly that TSR was trying to please Chinese players). I don't think it is a mad cash grab on the part of Blizzard. This does add overall to the game in my view, and I am looking forward to seeing the new areas on my Warlock.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by NightCloak
    I recently went back to WoW. Started on a new server with some friends. Began to level all over again and found the experience quite enjoyable and fun. The game has so much to offer for those that dont just consume content as fast as they can click.

If Blizz put out a couple of new servers I might be tempted to try Panda. Sure there is a lot of game there, but without a fresh perspective it would get stale very fast.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Tussis

Whoosh.  Thats the sound of sarcasm going over your head.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Most of the hardcore raiders are still there.. Which new mmo are they gonna go to that has better raid? Star Wars, the secret world, Pfft..

Hate or love wow, hate or love blizzard. You have to give them credit for popularizing the mmo genre and making it more mainstream.

I must say this expansion so far in beta has proven to be the best since burning Crusade and can't wait to play it same level all 5, 85 chars to 90..

In a few years this game will be looked at as the pinnacle of theme park mmo..

Next stop for blizzard, bringing sandbox style mmo to the masses..
  • OzmangoOzmango Member Posts: 5

I played WoW for years and loved it.  Left because it became boring (I mostly play solo because of work commitments).  Signed in again after spending time In GW2 and Skyrim and frankly it's no contest.  WoW no longer has the attraction.  Everything still seems to be about the gear not the story.

The kicker is not having to pay a subscription on other games.