Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Mac Version Enters Beta

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 team has announced that the Mac version of the game is now ready for beta testing. Anyone who purchases the game will be included in the beta. The beta, however, unlike most testing phases, will connect Mac users to the live servers to interact with PC users.

From today, Guild Wars 2 will be available for Mac in a beta version to anyone who purchases Guild Wars 2. The Mac beta version of Guild Wars 2 is still being optimised and, unlike other betas, is connected to the live servers allowing everyone to play together on both Mac and Windows based computers. Users will be able to access the Mac beta client through the Guild Wars 2 account management website after activating their game code.

Mac users can check out the FAQ on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    ah well thats good for the apple users even though i despise that company.:) but good for them they need more mmos for their platform as well.
  • DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

yay!! ty!!

patching right now :) and deleting windows partition RIGHT NOW xD

• DestructhorDestructhor Member Posts: 88
    Sorry I still cringe when someone mentions "Man and PC" PC = Personal computer which a mac is, this is an issue of windows and OSX "whatever animal"
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    This makes me really happy! Thanks ANet!
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Destructhor
    Sorry I still cringe when someone mentions "Man and PC" PC = Personal computer which a mac is, this is an issue of windows and OSX "whatever animal"

Fun thng is that the newer Mac are internally identical to IBM-compatible PC's (to throw in an old term :p) and are able to run the far more used Windows OS as well...

For all fruit-company supporters, I'm glad you can run GW2 now as well. IMO make your own, cheaper and better PC and you can run almost EVERY game out there instead of now only a few ;-)

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614
    wow this is big! btw which other MMOs have a Mac client?

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

umm that i know, eve online does ....

d3 ,but is not a mmo is also ,on mac 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by illyana

Wow and Eve, right off the top of my head

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    This is good to hear! Now my Mac-loving friends can get the game!
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by GrumpyCharr
    Originally posted by illyana

Wow and Eve, right off the top of my head

Ryzom as well, but I think with those 4 we have all Mac OSX MMO's covered...

• tabindextabindex Member UncommonPosts: 70
    You forgot Everquest.
  • bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79
    This is a good surprise and very welcome.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Good news for Mac's, they needed some more MMO love.
  • Hell_HammerHell_Hammer Member Posts: 75

Well, the game already works perfectly for me in Boot Camp.

Testing the client for the past few days on OS X and so far everything seems to be working fine.

Loading times actually seem faster than in Boot Camp.

I'm always a bit sceptical about conversions, not to mention Beta conversions but we'll see.