Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If the races were at war (with no other conflicts) who would win?

Comments

• bookworm438bookworm438 Member Posts: 647

I would say Asura or Humans, and leaning more towards the Asura.

Why?

Asura are cunning, manipulative, condescending a**hats. They would turn the other races against each other, and work to ignite internal conflict within the other races themselves. Why waste the energy fighting the enemy, when they enemy can destroy themselves? Not to mention they control the Asura gates.

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

People are so quick to count the Sylvari out and I'm not sure why; they're not my favorite race, but the pale tree is OP as !@#$

Not remarking the fact that it, in and of itself, is astoundingly large for only 250 years of growth (and growing), it can create sentient life at will. What kind of !@#$ is that, lol. And on top of that, can access the "dream", a wealth of knowledge so vast it spans the entire Sylvari's consciousness. I don't think petty flame throwing is going to do anything at all. Heck, Sylvari can learn to be fire elementalists after all. 

It's really a toss up between the Asura and the Sylvari for me however. The Asura have an unprescedented understanding and wielding of magic and related properties, making obsolete the analogue practices of the Charr and the medieval childsplay that the Norn and Humans bring to the table. And Asura have the ego to boot! Really, it's the whole package right there. :D

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91
    I say that no one would win because some Asura would invent an ultimate weapon which would end up destroying the world.
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I think this debate is somewhat trivial because in ANY fantasy mmo settings and in ANY lore, humans will ALWAYS win if there was a race war.

It is ALWAYS because humans are the most populus, prolific and adaptable race in any game settings, even though they lack any special attributes.

And in terms of the games itself, look at how many players roll humans compare to any other race and you'll see that the numerical superiority is simply way too much versus any other race.

Just to point out, Arena Net has made it a point to put humans on the brink. They've lost 2 of the 3 nations they've once had within Tyria itself, and contact with Elon aand Cantha have been severed. The only standing humans in the discussion right now are those at Ebonhawke and Divinity's Reach and without the Asura gates, they might as well be on opposite sides of the planet.  I don't think player population is part of the discussion, but even if it was, humans are still virtually in the middle of the fight so they've be on all fronts. It's really not reasonable to expect them to do anything in this scenario. 

Originally posted by Harttz
    I say that no one would win because some Asura would invent an ultimate weapon which would end up destroying the world.

Or alternatively, Skritt. Skritt everywhere. o_e

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I think this debate is somewhat trivial because in ANY fantasy mmo settings and in ANY lore, humans will ALWAYS win if there was a race war.

It is ALWAYS because humans are the most populus, prolific and adaptable race in any game settings, even though they lack any special attributes.

And in terms of the games itself, look at how many players roll humans compare to any other race and you'll see that the numerical superiority is simply way too much versus any other race.

Yeah, except Arenanet turned that on its head and made humans the race who are on the decline.  D:

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Yeah, except Arenanet turned that on its head and made humans the race who are on the decline.  D:

So did Tolkien... you know LORD OF THE F***EN RINGS. XD

• FermiFermi Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by KingJiggly

Umm... you do realize that The Lord of the Rings sets the stage for the third age.  The age of man.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    If only this game had factions. It would be so much better. As it is now, it's all factions united against dragons. They should have been more original.
  • windwavewindwave Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

HUMAND BABY!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Face it... every movie, every storybook.... humans always prevail.

Not really, eg. Avatar ........

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Yamota

Charr. They have the strongest most fanatical warriors and do not seem to be afraid to take losses. Can't see them being stopped by any single race, they would have to gang up on them.

Asura and Sylvari would go first as they are weak, followed by humans. Norn would last longest but in the end would succum to the Charr hordes.

I dunno, the norns have the same attitude there, those people actually dont mind dying.

Going against the norns would be a really bad idea, the norns fight guerilla style so the charrs might take Hoelbrak but in the end they would have to retreat.

I dont see the charrs or norns completely anihilate eachothers, it would end in a stalemate between them.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Not only him, there are plenty of books where the human race is on decline.

But if we think from a more realistic viewpoint then the bad guy wins surprisingly often which never happens in books and movies (ok, almost never).

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

People are too quick to yell Charr, Ascalonian humans already beat Charr untill the Charr resorted to trickery.

Hard to say generally speaking since I dont simply know the numbers how much each race is supposedly have at the moment. Though I do agree with Sylvari not being very high on my list. Edit: Because I assume there's not so many of them and they are still kinda trying to just find their place in the world.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

I think there is actual some rock,sissor paper involved here.

First Norn will beat the Charr. Not first or second battle, where charr army organisation will win, but Charr is the only race that form a formidable opponnent enough to gain fame and glory from fighting, and nothing is going to stop the NORN from seeking fame and glory through fighting.

Well except maybe the Asuras, because they will just provide beer to the Norn, and keep the drunken giants harmless. So Asura beats Norn.

And Charr is going to beat Asura, systematical and slowly, 1 step at the time.

Everybody beats the timy humans, and nobody is going to get past the sylvaris dream, and get them into a war in thesse terms.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Humans breed like jackrabbits in every fantasy story, thus humans win.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Asura would win.

This is even part of the Asura storyline about that "mistakes of the past" one.

Slight spoilers:

The new leader of the Asura steps through a portal from an alternative future where he reigns the world. He refers to the "Battle of Divnity's Reach" - the day when the last human nation fell.

Harbinger of Fools
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    The dredge would win. Once the other races would devastate the world above, they'll emerge as sole survivors like a GW2 version of roaches.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Xasapis
    The dredge would win. Once the other races would devastate the world above, they'll emerge as sole survivors like a GW2 version of roaches.

This is the most likely scenario, not to mention there's propably even more Dredge than there is Skritt... Then again, there seems to be tons of Centaur too, but they cant hide underground though :)

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    Asura...? Not that I can even see any of the races being at war given the fact that they've got massive dragons breathing down their nations' necks

Whooooooooooosh!

Anyway, I don't play GW2, but this is fun (You should have made a poll!)

From what I know, i would vote the Norn.  I agree with previous posters in regard to their acclimation to their rough, cold country.  I picture how much the huge army suffered in the Seeker series from being used to a hot climate.  The winter devastated them due to not knowing how to survive in the harsh climate.

Again, Polls are fun!

Interesting answers.  I know I don't play, but it's still an interesting topic.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Yamota

Charr. They have the strongest most fanatical warriors and do not seem to be afraid to take losses. Can't see them being stopped by any single race, they would have to gang up on them.

Asura and Sylvari would go first as they are weak, followed by humans. Norn would last longest but in the end would succum to the Charr hordes.

Heh, sorry to burst that bubble but the Norn and the Charr have fought already. During the time when the Charr and Humans were still at war, the Charr wanted passage through Norn territory (I can't remember the story too well but... ). I believe there was some disagreement and the Charr and Norn ended up in a fight. The Norns won that one and since then the Charr and Norn have nothing but respect for one another... At least I think that's how the story went.

This is not a game.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

No other conflicts, and no other player involved. This is all hypothetical, and if it was "AI vs AI" so to speak

Humans

Sylvari

Charr

Norn

Asura

With the Charr being so dangerous, the humans, Aura and Slyvari would make a quick alliance and take the biggest threat down first.

With the Charr gone, the alliance of three would then take out the Norn.

As the victory over the Norn complete, the Humans would sneak attack the Slyvari as they celebrate.

In spite please for help from the Slyvari, the Asura would hole up during the Sylvari/Human conflict preparing for the enevitable war with the humans.

With the Asura now fresh and the Humans battle weary after their victory over the Sylvari, the Asura would take out the humans in a quick but bloody war.

Victor: Asura

That is my completely uneducated guess.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Loke666

But if we think from a more realistic viewpoint then the bad guy wins surprisingly often which never happens in books and movies (ok, almost never).

The whole decline point I think is also moot because even IF on the decline, there are more humans than ANY other races.

Decline means their political power is in decline, which is inconsequential, because in most fantasy/sci-fi settings humans also tends to fight more civil wars than any other race too, and that is usually because of diversity and politics. Numbers still wins the day in a war of extermination if you talking about race as a whole.

Just look at how many vendors and NPCs are humans, also how many Risens and Orrs comes from humans as oppose to any other races.

Numerically, no chance.

You all seems to forget that most fantasy/science fiction is always going to be human-centric because, afterall, we ARE humans.

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by Loke666

The whole decline point I think is also moot because even IF on the decline, there are more humans than ANY other races.

Decline means their political power is in decline, which is inconsequential. Numbers still wins the day in a war of extermination.

Just look at how many vendors and NPCs are humans, also how many Risens comes from humans as oppose to any other races.

Numerically, no chance.

You all seems to forget that most fantasy/science fiction is always going to be human-centric because, afterall, we ARE humans.

No decline does not mean just their political power. The game makes it pretty clear that humans have lost lots of land and since there is no over crowding in what land they have left, they lost tons of people over the last couple centuries.

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    I vote Dwarfs, because noone would see it coming.