Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Strategy Guide to Release September 25th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BradyGames has announced that the official strategy guide for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria will release the same day as the upcoming expansion. The guide comes in both a Signature and Limited Edition series.

Developed with input from World of Warcraft developer and publisher Blizzard Entertainment, the Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Strategy Guide walks players through every region of Pandaria. From picturesque new starter zones to perilous high-level dungeons, BradyGames’ thoroughly researched guide reveals insider tips and tricks for every new quest, raid, gameplay mode and player-versus-player challenge, making it the ultimate resource for new players and seasoned World of Warcraft veterans alike.

Read more on the BradyGames site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• coraphisecoraphise Member UncommonPosts: 11

Do we *really* need a strategy guide for MMOs? I'm not saying I never look information up, but the point "back in the day" was that you weren't sitting at a computer when you played a console game, or you weren't connected 24/7.

I guess if people want to pay a company for a book of information that will be online for free soon enough, whatever.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

lol... Strategy is pretty simple, Invest vast amounts of time grinding (or farming) various virtual currencies and gear.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AegisSagaAegisSaga Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Nitth

lol... Strategy is pretty simple, Invest vast amounts of time grinding (or farming) various virtual currencies and gear.

So pretty much like every other MMORPG. Even GW2's "endgame" is nothing but a huge grind.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    The sad thing is this: "Purchase out guide and you will receive a unique hair color for your panda". then they would sell hand over fist...
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by AegisSaga
    Originally posted by Nitth lol... Strategy is pretty simple, Invest vast amounts of time grinding (or farming) various virtual currencies and gear.

So pretty much like every other MMORPG. Even GW2's "endgame" is nothing but a huge grind.

Pretty much. Although i would like to think that it "doest have to be that way", Subconsciously humans are ok with doing routine repetitive tasks aka grinding.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by coraphise

Do we *really* need a strategy guide for MMOs? I'm not saying I never look information up, but the point "back in the day" was that you weren't sitting at a computer when you played a console game, or you weren't connected 24/7.

I guess if people want to pay a company for a book of information that will be online for free soon enough, whatever.

I think the question really should be do we really need a strat guide for THIS mmo?

We've seen it all and done it all (those who have been here since the beginning) to pretty much get the gist of this.

Level in what tiny bit of content they have end game, run dungeons endlessly for currency for gear, run raids for currency and gear, rince and repeat for next character.

Not too difficult to remember methinks.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by coraphise

mmo gaming guides i think are more for enthusiasts

i think everyone knows the guides are soon outdated once they are released

still can be fun to read and look at the book art - or have around for nostalgia

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Shouldn't market this as a guide that's all, art ok, lore yes please, maps ok, don't sell a guide for wow especially.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    The "Collector's edition" guide comes with chopsticks. FYI.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DestructhorDestructhor Member Posts: 88
    Strategy guides (paper ones anyway) for MMORPGS are a silly investment, I still have 1 from vanilla wow, guess how relevant it is today? Answer: about as relevant as this 1 will be in 2 months, save your money and go online...
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Oh yeah I'm so gonna pay for something that takes me 10 seconds to find from google o/
  • zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I personally see no value in a strategy guide for an 8 year old MMO. The new content shouldn't bewilder vets. I'm not sure how many new players to WoW they think they are going to earn with this expansion? They will most likely maintain their current subscriber base and bring back some resubs. I pre-ordered MoP. Sorry Blizzard-Brady. You ain't getting this cash out of me too. What's next? An in-game Pandaren Monk pet I hafta pay for? Oh. Right. Nevermind.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    A strategy guide for WOW, LOL isn't that an oxymoron
  • MoonragerMoonrager Member UncommonPosts: 6

Ok.. I'm one of those...  I clicked on the link..  can't find the MOP guide anywhere on the Bradygames site....  lol  or did I just miss it? 

><><><><><> Trolls allowed <><><><><><><>

Moon

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74
    strategy guides are typically for reading while pooping
  • C_CarmichaelC_Carmichael Member UncommonPosts: 21

Releases September 25th.

Know what else releases Spetember 25th?

"The Avengers" on Blu-Ray and DVD!

I know which one I'll be buying! :)

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by truthhurts
    strategy guides are typically for reading while pooping

I've always bought strategy guides for my favorite games, and this is where I find myself using them the most.........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil