Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The reason why I believe WoW is still on top is Performance

13»

Comments

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Fremont, CAPosts: 168Member
    Originally posted by expresso

For me the one thing WoW has done better than any MMO before it or since is the character control, every thing feels right, in sync, responsvie and characters feel like they have weight to them.  GW2 come close but fails with jumping and floaty strifing but that's something to quickly become accustomed to. 

I am sure this alone is not what has kept it on top but for me I quit so many MMO's early on because they cannot get the controls right.  Is it really so hard?

I agree. The thing WoW does better, and IMO is why it is still the king, is responsive gameplay. Things like animation clipping are so important to making a game feel responsive. If I am done with an ability, then I am done. Don't force me to watch the rest.  

Addons like Quartz are also a nice help because you can see the ability lag and start the next. This may be taking advantage of an issue in WoW's system, but it's become such an integral part of gameplay, that I don't even think twice about it. I just picked up the game after almost two years, and it all just felt right again

Edit:

I had another thought. Every MMO I've played other than WOW feels like I am fighting the controls in some way. It might be so minor that I am not even sure what it is, and I might not even think about it while playing. However, go back to WOW for one day and you'll feel it

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 1,934Member Uncommon
    I think it is just one of many reasons.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• shenfreyshenfrey LeicesterPosts: 97Member
    Aye, there is many reasons indeed. Lets see what happens in the future, only company that stands a chance with competing WoW is Blizzard themselves
13»