Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can still keep my sub in Eve. Yay!

injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

The game is B2P, with all areas/classes/aspects of the game completely unlocked.  Yes there's a microtransaction store in the game, but in scouring over it, I don't see anything that gives the players a gameplay advantage (Gears, Weps, etc.).  Not only that, but there's just sooooooooo much friggin' map to explore and enjoy random events with.  Yea there's some redundancy in the types of quests, but overall, this game smokes, and I mean literally CANNOT be mentioned in the same dimension as anything EA, Blizzard, Funcom, or Trion has ever even released.  Period.  Anyone that comes on here and whines about some small inconsequential thing that's "ruining" their in game experience is A.) On one of the aformentioned companies payroll B.) A Miserable sap who'll never be satisifed or C.) both A and B.

I'm loving my perfect combination of games - Skilling/Going out on fleets in Eve + Playing GW 2 on our downtime = Happy Gamer.  First time in years I can say I'm truly feeling fulfilled.  Thank you CCP and Anet!  As for EA  and Blizzard (Funcom is going out of business, hahahahahaha) make games that don't try and pillage your fans and maybe you'll have success.

injen.

PS... There are the random event bugs in the game, but here's the kicker - There's 200,000 things else to do, explore (there's a bunch of secret little nooks), and a cool community to talk to in map chat.  Also, there's a developing trend where people will call out a World Event in the zone and everyone trickles in for a great fight.

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I feel exactly the same in regards to FFXIV OP.

Love the sublimely designed open world PvE of GW2, and the crafting, and my personal story, but I find the group PvE experience it offers to be not what I am looking for in the long term... I find I miss more traditional set up in that regard.

Saying that, plenty of my friends play it and I will keep it installed while I play FFXIV to hang with them once or twice a week once I complete all my personal PvE goals (100% world completion, all 3 story badges, jumping puzzles all done, 400 crafting reached in all disciplines) and I will def go back as they drop in additional content that suits my taste.

It's nice to be able to have the game on the back burner for a bit of co-op play with my buddies while I play a sub game that gives me more of what I am looking for in my 'A' game :)

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

I agree with some of your feelings about the game, and I do think GW2 is at least a well-made game for what it is, but the moment you start slinging mud at people who don't feel the way you do, your argument goes out of the window.

Really? Claiming all people who complain about GW2 are either chronically unsatisfiable gamers or shills? Do you really hope to conduct mature discussion with that?

Me, I'll keep a couple of subs and check back into this game now and then. I don't get that "thrill" from this game that I got from some others - even if for a really short time - but it does have some fun options, first of which for me would be jump puzzles. It's not enough to keep me playing, but enough to keep the game on the hard drive for some time to come.

• MMOwandererMMOwanderer Member Posts: 415
    Originally posted by injenu

overall, this game smokes, and I mean literally CANNOT be mentioned in the same dimension as anything EA, Blizzard, Funcom, or Trion has ever even released.  Period.  Anyone that comes on here and whines about some small inconsequential thing that's "ruining" their in game experience is A.) On one of the aformentioned companies payroll B.) A Miserable sap who'll never be satisifed or C.) both A and B.

I am happy you're enjoying the game OP, really. The fact that you got 2 games to now play together and have fun is great. But making these statements is just, yeah, unnecessary.

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

You should not have attack others.

Well I my self got two games I love to play.

Gw2 and PS2....both are awesome, but not going to put down people who dislike it. Because it there opinion.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

i play GW2 like a side mmo because its more fun for me then rushing to 80.i think all my toons are in 20s and i play it maybe 1-2 hrs every couple of days and love it so far.

I will keep my rift sub which i recently bought the 1 year sub deal for the xpac .

GW2 is a good mmo and been b2p makes it even better.

• injenuinjenu Member CommonPosts: 142

Ok so I came off as a little harsh in my tirade against others who differ in their opinions of this game (call it a case of the mondays).   Anyways my reasoning was essentially that the last two purchases I've made - SWTOR and Diablo 3, both for $60.  So comparing SWTOR - game is unfinished; PvP wasn't there, Crafting was a joke, and there wasn't any ingame content.  Dont even get me started with Diablo 3 - for $60 the game did not come with PvP, and it's debatable whether I even own the game.  Plus they openly manipulate the drop rates for inferno so people are FORCED to purchase items on the RMAH. 

Now let's look at Guild Wars 2.  Game has some minor bugs, but other than that, it incorporates nearly 5xs more than both aforementioned titles in pve content, scale, pvp content, replayability, innovation, and it's not P2W, or does it require a subscription.  The reason I "put people down" was because to suggest to me that my $60 is better spent elsewhere when it's so ridiculously obvious the better value between titles does legitimately make me mad, and extremely suspicious as to their overall motive.  It doesn't take a genius to see the difference between the user meta score and the critics scores for Diablo 3 and SWTOR to realize that there's money being exchanged to alter scores from critics.

Guild Wars 2's shouldn't have even been the first game to incorporate all of these mechanics into just one game - it's like the gaming developers/major publishers are acting like the Pharma companies, that they'll purposely hold back in hopes that they can milk subpar games until they are absolutely required to release something better, then they'll finally add it. Guild Wars 2 just upped that ante and I guarantee you'll now start seeing these money cows starting to put out better games.