Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Anet goes back on there word

13

Comments

  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by Bjelar

    Why would anyone think they are "forced" to get optional items or rewards?

    Get them if you like to. It's a choise. If you made the stuff OP talked about achievable by only doing one thing, my next suggestion would be to add optional stuff for those who do a little bit of everything...

    You are not "forced" to get them to compete on an even level with those with the best PvP gear, exotics with the right stat distribution is enough for that. However, if you care about more than just PvP and that care happens to include vanity or completing all content, then yeah, it matters and you are "forced" given those conditions. 

  • zalspherezalsphere hays, NCPosts: 5Member

    There is no "forced" anything. If you're a completionist, guess what... the only forcing done is by your needs and wants, not Anet. I'm a cosmetic junkie, I always have been. Does it mean I'm going to blow my top because I may have to run a dungeon a few times? Nah... I hate running dungeons over and over unless there is something -I- want. It's one reason I truly, throughly, grew to hate traditional MMO's over the years.

    Rift was a blast to cap, then it became WoW or EQ2 in Telera. SWTOR was fun (the stories anyway) to cap, then it became WoW. Guild Wars 2? My Ranger is 80 and guess what? It isn't WoW or EQ2. I'm a 400 leatherworker and I've made my own armor, I gathered the wood & cured hides and had a guildy make the staves & strings I needed for my mystic shortbow. All things I earned myself without stepping foot in a dungeon for the same grind you see everywhere else.

    Did it cost money? Yeah... not as much as the 230+ dyes I have been obssessively hoarding on my main. But, that's me, I want ALL 400 something dyes, even if it means "grinding" cash or what may you to get it. Am I being forced to? Nope, not at all. Much the same as if you want the cosmetics from Arah, CoF or CM, you have to run it to get them. Are they needed? No. You can craft or buy just as good. Money is not that hard to get either, I started a new warrior and he's 24 or 25 now and has already produced over 2g in pure profit because the Trading Post is working.

    Find you a P2W game (can I suggest 4 Story or Perfect World Intenational?) and hand them money and you can get great gear with no work. *thumbs up*

    And the 50 WvW kills aren't that bad, so long as you don't try to run off on your own. Stick with the group, use as many AoE's as possible and so long as you "play a part" in the kill, you get credit. Grab your 50 during peak wvw times (even if it means queueing up ahead of time) and then be done with it if you're a PvE only person. Heh... you can even get a TON of karma that way for those "insanely" expensive weapons and armors.

    Optional is optional. If you feel the need to complete everything, to have it all, only you are forcing you. Anet isn't.

  • MattDaddy10MattDaddy10 Arcadia, FLPosts: 30Member Uncommon

    Oh you mean Their word, their word, I was confused.

  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by zalsphere

    There is no "forced" anything. If you're a completionist, guess what... the only forcing done is by your needs and wants, not Anet. I'm a cosmetic junkie, I always have been. Does it mean I'm going to blow my top because I may have to run a dungeon a few times? Nah... I hate running dungeons over and over unless there is something -I- want. It's one reason I truly, throughly, grew to hate traditional MMO's over the years.

    Rift was a blast to cap, then it became WoW or EQ2 in Telera. SWTOR was fun (the stories anyway) to cap, then it became WoW. Guild Wars 2? My Ranger is 80 and guess what? It isn't WoW or EQ2. I'm a 400 leatherworker and I've made my own armor, I gathered the wood & cured hides and had a guildy make the staves & strings I needed for my mystic shortbow. All things I earned myself without stepping foot in a dungeon for the same grind you see everywhere else.

    Did it cost money? Yeah... not as much as the 230+ dyes I have been obssessively hoarding on my main. But, that's me, I want ALL 400 something dyes, even if it means "grinding" cash or what may you to get it. Am I being forced to? Nope, not at all. Much the same as if you want the cosmetics from Arah, CoF or CM, you have to run it to get them. Are they needed? No. You can craft or buy just as good. Money is not that hard to get either, I started a new warrior and he's 24 or 25 now and has already produced over 2g in pure profit because the Trading Post is working.

    Find you a P2W game (can I suggest 4 Story or Perfect World Intenational?) and hand them money and you can get great gear with no work. *thumbs up*

    And the 50 WvW kills aren't that bad, so long as you don't try to run off on your own. Stick with the group, use as many AoE's as possible and so long as you "play a part" in the kill, you get credit. Grab your 50 during peak wvw times (even if it means queueing up ahead of time) and then be done with it if you're a PvE only person. Heh... you can even get a TON of karma that way for those "insanely" expensive weapons and armors.

    Optional is optional. If you feel the need to complete everything, to have it all, only you are forcing you. Anet isn't.

    "Forced" is always in relation to what a person wants/cares about. How do you "force" a suspect to confess? Well by finding out what the suspect wants/cares about and then designing the options such that only the path you designed is the one that he can take in order to get what he wants and/or not affect negatively what he cares about. 

  • xpiherxpiher Indianapolis, INPosts: 3,311Member
    Originally posted by Ariannae

    Biggest issue I have is that they very much did lie about the 'no grind'. It may be an issue particular to only one or two gear sets, but they, frankly, should be the most common of gear sets as it is; Stated right here.

    Power/Toughness/Vitality gear. This gear is not, in any way, shape or form, craftable. This destroys the single easiest way to obtain Exotic armor sets. Ectos are extremely uncommon if you know what the hell you're doing, meaning Exotic crafted is easier than anything else to obtain.

    Completely setting aside the Weapons, the Light Armor section. Fantastic. There is Power/Toughness/Vitality gear for 5 of the 6 pieces of gear. In order to obtain this alone, that requires 210k Karma. That's almost, what, half of the required Karma for a Legendary weapon? Except this is for a legitimate stat increase over a Rare item. This is for Exotic.

    Snip

    Uhh, you can craft full exotic sets easily and get those stats, if you put runes on them. Sucks, but its not as bad as grinding 3 sets of raid armor. 

    image
    Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Peoria, ILPosts: 375Member
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

    Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

     

    "Don't get me wrong..."

    "I love GW2 but..."

    "Don't call me a troll..."

      I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

    Sad isn't it?One of the worst things ANY site should allow is insulting other users,yet this site is among the worst i have ever seen.

     Quick to hand down warnings to people that simply talk about game code which is 0's and 1's .but does not show the same respect towards the users.The term TROLL is used here simply as an insult BOTH by users and the manager.When you say someone is troilling you are insulting/flaming them,against the rules but apparently if the guys in charge are ok doing it,it has made it open season for everyone to go around insulting/flaming.

    The term TROLL is suppose to be a person who follows another person's posts to hi jack his threads or insult him.It was NEVER meant to be used the way people use it now ,simply as an insult.You don't agree with me ,you are trolling. Or another famous  one...".Anyone can clearly see this game is great,you are a troll for not agreeing with me".You said too many bad things,you are an excessive troll.Or people make threads and instead of any meaningful discussion the ONLY thing  they say is ,i wonder how long before the TROLLS come in here.

    Yes i understand gaming is kind of for kids so i should expect some immaturity,but not like i don't remember being young. I got angry over stupid things myself,but not once did i ever try to lay the blame on someone else.Example Johnny made a thread i don't like,i am reporting him,the whole thing just sounds incredibly immature,yet it exists here.

    I prefer to see people talking emphatically over a game ,rather than insulting users anyday.

    I am quite sure the owners here NEVER intended for anyone to be afraid to post here or have to go on the defensive.

     

     

     

     

    I agree with this; trolling is not simply "something with which you disagree". It has evolved that way unfortunately and usually is used just as an excuse to deligitimize another's view.

     

    People do this all the time. Lately there's the "harrassment" or "abused" red-flag words usage. If you can BLOCK users as you can on this site, it's impossible to be "harrassed". Further, I know people who have been abused and I seriously doubt any here are suffering the emotional ramifications that come with that.

     

    It's people manipulating to get what they want. We learn it as children. Some never can stop using it as they're powerless otherwise.

  • zalspherezalsphere hays, NCPosts: 5Member
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by zalsphere

    There is no "forced" anything. If you're a completionist, guess what... the only forcing done is by your needs and wants, not Anet. I'm a cosmetic junkie, I always have been. Does it mean I'm going to blow my top because I may have to run a dungeon a few times? Nah... I hate running dungeons over and over unless there is something -I- want. It's one reason I truly, throughly, grew to hate traditional MMO's over the years.

    Rift was a blast to cap, then it became WoW or EQ2 in Telera. SWTOR was fun (the stories anyway) to cap, then it became WoW. Guild Wars 2? My Ranger is 80 and guess what? It isn't WoW or EQ2. I'm a 400 leatherworker and I've made my own armor, I gathered the wood & cured hides and had a guildy make the staves & strings I needed for my mystic shortbow. All things I earned myself without stepping foot in a dungeon for the same grind you see everywhere else.

    Did it cost money? Yeah... not as much as the 230+ dyes I have been obssessively hoarding on my main. But, that's me, I want ALL 400 something dyes, even if it means "grinding" cash or what may you to get it. Am I being forced to? Nope, not at all. Much the same as if you want the cosmetics from Arah, CoF or CM, you have to run it to get them. Are they needed? No. You can craft or buy just as good. Money is not that hard to get either, I started a new warrior and he's 24 or 25 now and has already produced over 2g in pure profit because the Trading Post is working.

    Find you a P2W game (can I suggest 4 Story or Perfect World Intenational?) and hand them money and you can get great gear with no work. *thumbs up*

    And the 50 WvW kills aren't that bad, so long as you don't try to run off on your own. Stick with the group, use as many AoE's as possible and so long as you "play a part" in the kill, you get credit. Grab your 50 during peak wvw times (even if it means queueing up ahead of time) and then be done with it if you're a PvE only person. Heh... you can even get a TON of karma that way for those "insanely" expensive weapons and armors.

    Optional is optional. If you feel the need to complete everything, to have it all, only you are forcing you. Anet isn't.

    "Forced" is always in relation to what a person wants/cares about. How do you "force" a suspect to confess? Well by finding out what the suspect wants/cares about and then designing the options such that only the path you designed is the one that he can take in order to get what he wants and/or not affect negatively what he cares about. 

    And... they forced it so you can only gear up one way? That getting gear is impossible and causes a grind? No. Not that I've seen in the 250+ hours I've poured into the game. I can walk into WvW with my current PvE gear and compete just fine. sPvP is another story (but you do use entirely different gear there anyway). Point is, you can grab  weapons/armor from Dungeons, TP, craft it yourself, drops from chests like say the Dragons, Shadow Behemoth. I have gotten 3-4 rares from the Shadow Behemoth at 80 I was able to use while working on my exotic armor.

     

    In the long run, claiming they "forced" you to do so and so because it's not how you wanted to do it isn't fair to them, other players or yourself. If you want to be forced to play a game how they want you down to the nitty gritty, go find a raid based game where you have to work through 3-8 tiers just to be "geared", each tier giving you the exact same 1 in 16 to 1 in 48 chance at a piece of armor, assuming you can use it to start with. As for GW2, there maybe only a handful of paths to get the exotics (which are basically the same as legendaries, just lack the 'unique' skins), but be thankful there are possibilties and multiple paths to take.

  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

    (...)

     

     

     

     

    I agree with this; trolling is not simply "something with which you disagree". It has evolved that way unfortunately and usually is used just as an excuse to deligitimize another's view.

     

    People do this all the time. Lately there's the "harrassment" or "abused" red-flag words usage. If you can BLOCK users as you can on this site, it's impossible to be "harrassed". Further, I know people who have been abused and I seriously doubt any here are suffering the emotional ramifications that come with that.

     

    It's people manipulating to get what they want. We learn it as children. Some never can stop using it as they're powerless otherwise.

    Semantics. Whether or not the actions would be seen as "harrasment" in strictly legal terms has no bearing on whether or not such actions should be tolerated or accepted. 

     

    While they may not be suffering emotional ramifications, one can argue that the moment a person fears to speak his mind because of his fear for how other people will react to his words, he is no longer a free man, which is a problem which specifically Americans on this site should take seriously.

  • AriannaeAriannae Hiding somewhere in the mountains, AKPosts: 40Member
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by Ariannae

    Biggest issue I have is that they very much did lie about the 'no grind'. It may be an issue particular to only one or two gear sets, but they, frankly, should be the most common of gear sets as it is; Stated right here.

    Power/Toughness/Vitality gear. This gear is not, in any way, shape or form, craftable. This destroys the single easiest way to obtain Exotic armor sets. Ectos are extremely uncommon if you know what the hell you're doing, meaning Exotic crafted is easier than anything else to obtain.

    Completely setting aside the Weapons, the Light Armor section. Fantastic. There is Power/Toughness/Vitality gear for 5 of the 6 pieces of gear. In order to obtain this alone, that requires 210k Karma. That's almost, what, half of the required Karma for a Legendary weapon? Except this is for a legitimate stat increase over a Rare item. This is for Exotic.

    Snip

    Uhh, you can craft full exotic sets easily and get those stats, if you put runes on them. Sucks, but its not as bad as grinding 3 sets of raid armor. 

    No, the Power/Toughness/Vitality stat spread is NOT a craftable item. Look through any and all crafting disciplines; It is not there. It is not a craftable item. Legendaries supposedly have that stat spread, but not a single crafted Exotic item does. You, literally, have to grind/farm out every single piece of the gear.

    If you mean I can manage to get the Power/Toughness/Vitality spread amongst many different pieces of gear, while throwing in worthless stats that my Profession/build would not end up using, then fair enough. That is possible. Worthless, but possible.

  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Boring, TXPosts: 1,174Member Uncommon

    "When it's ready" was the quote you were looking for.

    If anything the game needed at least 5 months. The current state of dungeons is enough proof of this, where players are busy exploiting easier or unfinished dungeons in order to obtain what they want so that they never have to do them again after that. If you need more proof you can take a look at the economical imbalances of those who are exploiting the current freebie server transfers in order to by pass loot thresholds and orichalcum node spawns.

  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Virginia, VAPosts: 2,131Member
    Originally posted by zalsphere
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by zalsphere

    There is no "forced" anything. If you're a completionist, guess what... the only forcing done is by your needs and wants, not Anet. I'm a cosmetic junkie, I always have been. Does it mean I'm going to blow my top because I may have to run a dungeon a few times? Nah... I hate running dungeons over and over unless there is something -I- want. It's one reason I truly, throughly, grew to hate traditional MMO's over the years.

    Rift was a blast to cap, then it became WoW or EQ2 in Telera. SWTOR was fun (the stories anyway) to cap, then it became WoW. Guild Wars 2? My Ranger is 80 and guess what? It isn't WoW or EQ2. I'm a 400 leatherworker and I've made my own armor, I gathered the wood & cured hides and had a guildy make the staves & strings I needed for my mystic shortbow. All things I earned myself without stepping foot in a dungeon for the same grind you see everywhere else.

    Did it cost money? Yeah... not as much as the 230+ dyes I have been obssessively hoarding on my main. But, that's me, I want ALL 400 something dyes, even if it means "grinding" cash or what may you to get it. Am I being forced to? Nope, not at all. Much the same as if you want the cosmetics from Arah, CoF or CM, you have to run it to get them. Are they needed? No. You can craft or buy just as good. Money is not that hard to get either, I started a new warrior and he's 24 or 25 now and has already produced over 2g in pure profit because the Trading Post is working.

    Find you a P2W game (can I suggest 4 Story or Perfect World Intenational?) and hand them money and you can get great gear with no work. *thumbs up*

    And the 50 WvW kills aren't that bad, so long as you don't try to run off on your own. Stick with the group, use as many AoE's as possible and so long as you "play a part" in the kill, you get credit. Grab your 50 during peak wvw times (even if it means queueing up ahead of time) and then be done with it if you're a PvE only person. Heh... you can even get a TON of karma that way for those "insanely" expensive weapons and armors.

    Optional is optional. If you feel the need to complete everything, to have it all, only you are forcing you. Anet isn't.

    "Forced" is always in relation to what a person wants/cares about. How do you "force" a suspect to confess? Well by finding out what the suspect wants/cares about and then designing the options such that only the path you designed is the one that he can take in order to get what he wants and/or not affect negatively what he cares about. 

    And... they forced it so you can only gear up one way? That getting gear is impossible and causes a grind? No. Not that I've seen in the 250+ hours I've poured into the game. I can walk into WvW with my current PvE gear and compete just fine. sPvP is another story (but you do use entirely different gear there anyway). Point is, you can grab  weapons/armor from Dungeons, TP, craft it yourself, drops from chests like say the Dragons, Shadow Behemoth. I have gotten 3-4 rares from the Shadow Behemoth at 80 I was able to use while working on my exotic armor.

     

    In the long run, claiming they "forced" you to do so and so because it's not how you wanted to do it isn't fair to them, other players or yourself. If you want to be forced to play a game how they want you down to the nitty gritty, go find a raid based game where you have to work through 3-8 tiers just to be "geared", each tier giving you the exact same 1 in 16 to 1 in 48 chance at a piece of armor, assuming you can use it to start with. As for GW2, there maybe only a handful of paths to get the exotics (which are basically the same as legendaries, just lack the 'unique' skins), but be thankful there are possibilties and multiple paths to take.

     

    I don't think it is always bad to "force" people to do some things, perhaps you do? Because that is the impression I am getting from you.

     

    Unless your current "PvE gear" is Exotic gear with decent stat distribution, your definition of being "just fine" in WvW situation may differ from the definition employed by other people. In your case, you are not forced, but for a person who puts emphasis on having competitive gear  (as in best gear possible), he would need to have full Exotic gear with decent stat distribution, so he is forced to get that to be "just fine" in WvW.

     

    Then again, people who only care about "even" PvP are not the only ones out there, people may be completionists as well and for those the grind they are forced to do is very large.

  • korent1991korent1991 CakovecPosts: 1,390Member
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Nitth

     


    Originally posted by cura
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish


    Originally posted by Jayaris
    Their, Anet goes back on their word. 

     

    You cheeky boy.


     

    image

    What's wrong with trying to keep the English language alive?  The internet is slowly killing it..

    The part that it's retarded to expect from everyone on this forum to know english grammar to perfection.

    When you come to Italy, France, Spain, Croatia, Slovakia, Norway, Denmark... Do they tell you "I'm not gonna listen to you because your expression of my language is terrible and I'm not listening to that giberish"?

    "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

    image
  • FozzikFozzik Arnold, MDPosts: 538Member

    I think it's sort of hilarious how people can simultaneously complain that there is nothing to do, and that things take too long to do.


    Are there time sinks in the game? Yep. Games are a time sink...that's sort of the point. If you enjoy playing the game, it's not a grind...because you're having fun while you work towards those rare rewards that really have meaning exactly because of how long it takes to get them.


    People are so used to feeling like they HAVE to play optimally all the time...that there must always be a perfect, best, fastest way to do everything and they can't enjoy themselves unless they are min/maxing it to death. ArenaNet designed a game around other people...a game that works best when you stop worrying and just play. Everything will come in time if you just relax and enjoy the journey, and stop taking it so seriously.


    I don't think they went back on their word at all. Pretty much everything in the game is entirely optional and free-form so that players can choose what's fun and dabble in everything...and surprisingly the game design works best when you do exactly that. Well done, ArenaNet...exactly what I was hoping for and expecting.

  • KalmarthKalmarth Lake Havasu City, AZPosts: 443Member
    Originally posted by Kaelano1

    Has anyone else noticed every post lately that says something negative about gw2 must begin with...

     

    "Don't get me wrong..."

    "I love GW2 but..."

    "Don't call me a troll..."

      I understand cliques and all, but damn, people, you bullies have people so cowed they're afraid to speak their minds without citing qualifications like they're asking your permission. I feel that's disgusting.

    This has been going on a long long time, if you say a bad word aimed at GW2 you are branned a troll, and if you are for it your a Fanboi, GW2 does not cure cancer but its not a wreak either, its just a game and time will tell if it has staying power or not

     

     

     

    GW2 cured my cancer!

     

  • ZaltarkZaltark Lockhart, TXPosts: 421Member


    Originally posted by korent1991
    When you come to Italy, France, Spain, Croatia, Slovakia, Norway, Denmark... Do they tell you "I'm not gonna listen to you because your expression of my language is terrible and I'm not listening to that giberish"?

    Probably. Even if they dont say it, they think it. Its intrinsic human thinking.

  • BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    Originally posted by someforumguy

    He is kind of right if it comes to Exotic gear. Because it has better stats then Rare gear, which is the gear that doesn't really require a grind.

    But his Legendary gear example is a bad one. Legendary stuff is just aesthetics. Compare it to Fissure of Woe armour from GW1 if you want. It is just a nice look, but not better stats then Exotic.

    Arenanet never claimed that there wouldn't be any grind btw. Just that the grind isn't needed to become competitive in PVP. Legendary gear is certainly not needed for PVP, but I'm not sure about the influence of the rare/exotic stats difference in PVP. At least in sPVP it doesn't play a role.

    Honestly I don't really see anything here that was promised by A-net. I do however see quite a few things that were blown out of porportion by over exited fans though. In other words A-net said one thing and some fans read way more meaning into what was said.

    This.

    Anyone who knew anything about GW1 expected this from Anet - sure, there is no gear treadmill - getting the stats is fairly easy but getting the "best" gear is time and/or skill intensive.

    And yes, by time intensive I do mean grind but as with all thing grinds - it's only a grind to YOU if YOU don't enjoy the content or find the time investment to be worth the reward.

  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by korent1991

    The part that it's retarded to expect from everyone on this forum to know english grammar to perfection.

    :sigh: Never mind, it's pointless.  E2L forgives anything.

     

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Webster, MAPosts: 4,813Member
    Originally posted by MercAngel

    do not get me wrong here i love the game and do not call out troll just my post history. but ANet has lied about a few thing for years they have said they want the player to play the way the player wants to and not the way the devs want you to like in other mmo's and also that there is no grind mill. i am not going to call in a P2W but a P2LG(Pay To Look Good).

     

    now i think there are 3 type of players the PvP only, the PvE only and the player that do PvP & PvE

     

    lets start with the Achievement when you look at the list it is clear what is PvP stuf  PvP Conqueror and World vs World so looking at the ret of the list you would think they can be done by PvE only players as they do not have anything PvP in there name this is turn for all put on the Monthly you have to have WvW kills to get this one. now to me this should be moved to the WvW section or change to somehting like WvW or Boss kills. now i know they are just numbers but to some player they are not and with the Monthly set up they way it is it makes players then like number to play a style they make not like.

     

    Lvl 80 Gear

    i have not found any NPC that sell lvl 80 gear with good stats other then Karma npc at 42,200 for each  for a total of 253,200 Karma for all your armor not if that is not a grid mill what is i have not found weapons npc yet but i bet is 10X the price just like with the dungon weapons 35 tokens for a pice of armor but 350 tokes for a weapon.

     

    Legendary weapons

    i know this will take a lot to but but if you are PvE only or PvP only forget about makeing any only players that do PvP and PvE cam make them so ANet is makeing the platy play the way they want if you want a Legendary one of the items you need is 500 Badge of Honor witch can only be got in WvW and they are soul bound so you will never see them in the TP.

    now to make they you need to make differnt kinds of gifts in the Mystic Forge now i am not sure if the gidts can be sold on the TP or not but if they can i am sure the will lots of gold to get. i have also read you can get most of the items you need for around 350+ gold. you also need and item from a dungon npc that cost 500 tokens to get.

     

    i seen post about gold sellers there are only going to be more and more ANet has setup a market for them just in the time can cost if take to make a Legendary. i know a lot of the stuff i put up you can get on the TP but top lvl gear on the TP is still 60+ gold for each.

     

    as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

    I'm confused... I don't think I saw where Anet went back on it's word or lied. 

    You want one of the monthly acheivments moved to WvW section... 

    You want cheap level 80 gear from an NPC... 

    You are upset that a purely cosmetic item like Legendary weapons which is simply that a cosmetic item costs so much and requires Badges gained in PvP.... 

    Yes... maybe a gold seller can get $200 before an account gets banned, thats assuming people are buying gold from them instead of simply buying Gems from Anet which is a lot easier and safer and trading those for gold which again is a lot easier and safer. What does that have to do with Anet lying or going back on their word?

    I seemed to have missed something important here... 

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 18,045Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MercAngel

    ....

    as i said a love the game but the path ANet is takeing is not going to be good in the end if a gold seller can make say $200 befor the account get baned do you think they are going to care about speneing another $60 for a new account

    You think goldsellers actually buy accounts? They are stolen from other players, one spamm in the mapchat and youre banned, so they use zombia accounts that already are plundered for that. 

    People dont farm gold anymore, it is cheaper now just to steal it and few DAs would prosecute you for stealing MMO accounts, and if they would the punishment would be light.

    But, yes. Some of the stuff ANET promised way back are not true anymore, I think it is mostly because they were written by the first lead designer Jeff, Eric who took over have phased out and changed stuff.

    But promises about a unreleased MMO have always been flexible, just like a politician running for office. Sometimes they cant add the stuff they thought for technical reasons, sometimes they figure out something better and sometimes they just dont feel for it. Like AoCs drunken barbrawls or WARs last 4 cities that were aalmost ready at launch but moved back until they had the right polish... (yeah, they probably never even started on them).

    I fear that some of the changes are just things we have to live with, I for one think high end armor should be a bit harder to get than from a regular vendor at low low prices. But I think that the local guildcrafters can make you good stuff cheaply.

  • EsLafielEsLafiel Radford, VAPosts: 92Member

    First grinding the lvl 55 dgn, for sword/focus and greatsword.

    Then go to lvl 65 dgn and do grinding again to get sword/focus and greatsword.

    Then transmute the looks of the lvl 55 with teh stats of the lvl 65.

     

     

    Also in the lvl 65 going to grind for the armor full set.

    Then I will save up money and get the culture armor for the sylvari light armor. Then transmute the culture armor look with the stats of the armor from the dgn.

     

    So much grind ahead of me, however half of the grind is from me wanting to look a certain way.

     

    Ps get a good team and you can grind armor entire set in like 2 days.

  • ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by Nitth

     


    Originally posted by cura
    You should learn to use commas. I really mean no offence but i cant force myself to read this gibberish


    Originally posted by Jayaris
    Their, Anet goes back on their word. 

     

    You cheeky boy.


     

    image

    What's wrong with trying to keep the English language alive?  The internet is slowly killing it..

    The part that it's retarded to expect from everyone on this forum to know english grammar to perfection.

    When you come to Italy, France, Spain, Croatia, Slovakia, Norway, Denmark... Do they tell you "I'm not gonna listen to you because your expression of my language is terrible and I'm not listening to that giberish"?

    Most Europeans speak better English than the English and Americans. Im not English, but i live in the UK and the general spoken and written quality of the language here is pretty poor.

    Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM ZagrebPosts: 1,788Member
    Sry but getting max gear in just 20 days is not considered grindy at all, comparing to all other mmos. Grind is there for those who want to look unique and that's it.
  • grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,874Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Xerith

    Difference between GW2 and other MMO's:

    WoW, Rift, Swtor, Whatevergamehere = I HAVE to get better gear in order to see and compete in all the content. 

    GW2 = I do NOT have to get better gear in order to see all of the games content. 

    Seriously, try running PvP in SWTOR without PvP gear and see how long you last,

    In SWTOR, you can PVP all the way up to 49 without PVP gear and do just fine.  I did it and had no problem whatsoever.

  • MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon

    There is a cat.

    Their car has broken down.

    They're going to the beach.

     

    Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

  • VolkonVolkon Sterling, VAPosts: 3,788Member
    Originally posted by Magnetia

    There is a cat.

    Their car has broken down.

    They're going to the beach.

     

     

    Worst haiku ever.

    Oderint, dum metuant.
    image

Sign In or Register to comment.