Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan Thread

124»

Comments

• strangewizardstrangewizard Member Posts: 42

Almost positive it will go the way of Starcraft: Ghost.

Having two MMORPGs is too big of undertaking, and Blizzard already covers the two major settings us nerds love and enjoy: fantasy, dark fantasy, and science fiction.

A modern MMORPG would be a huge twist. Imagine a realistic modern MMORPG like the Sims, from Blizzard, hah.

What would be a real twist if they made a game that had very little or no violence involved. That would truly impress me.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Originally posted by Killsmallchi
    The more I hear/think about titan. The more I realize it is going to be terrible. I just want to shut my eyes and pretend it is going to be a great game, but I know it will be the next big blizzard scandal. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

And yet it will still sell 6 million copies.... before being bashed on sites like this 2 months later and will still be played massively.

• strangewizardstrangewizard Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by dustyhayes

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I don't know why people expect this to be good, following the appalling diablo 3 and indifferent cataclysm & starcraft 2.

Blizzard are like bioware, used to make good games but are now riding on their reputation. Just that bioware started the decline earlier.

I expect Titan to be swtor bad.

Originally posted by Loke666

Titan is suppose to be very different from Wow, I frankly dont think it will do nearly as well as Wow did.

On the other hand do I expect Blizzard to release Wow 2 2016 or so and that will do very well indeed.Because if Titan dont deliver to Activisions expectations Wow 2 is the only sure way for them to earn insane amounts of money, and frankly would I be surprised if they havnt put a small team on it already.

Revealing Wow 2 before Titan is out on the other hand would be a bad idea, some of the Blizzard fans could decide to wait for it instead, and it might hurt Wows expansion sales numbers so they will do it behind locked doors for now.

Of course, that is only me guessing, but every game Blizz made since 1996 have either been a sequel or had one later besides Wow and Wow is their greatest success. Anyone thinking they will do sequels for all game except the one that made them really rich needs to think some more.

I agree, Cata & D3 have hurt their respective franchises at various degree's and stung Blizzards overall rep, I honestly think that it will be up to Titan to restore Blizzards bulletproof rep, but its going to have a harder time doing so since I think Blizzard used up a lot of its "free ride" or "leap of faith" selling power up on D3 and its a real shame because Blizzard gave us excellent games in the form of 3WC RTS + DotA, SC & WoW + TBC  =/

I never understood why gamers would like to see a WoW 2, IMO maybe Blizzard should do a switcheroo by making a "Warcraft 4" & "Universe of Starcraft" I think that would up their fortunes since a lot of Blizzard supporters keep asking for a SC MMO. =)

Explain how, rather then just saying it "hurt their rep".

Easy to criticisze negatively, hard to give constructive criticism.

The fact is you personally don't like, doesn't mean it is bad.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

My bet is on social + eSport + storyline SP set in science fiction, possibly SC universe.  Sort of a cross between Halo and SWTOR.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • IfrianMMOIfrianMMO Member UncommonPosts: 252

You just need to use google to find out the current "information" mostly spilled by blizzard ex-workers points to that titan will be a new ip casual mmorpg heavily based upon an inmersing storyline and "charismatic npcs and story characters" and apparently awesome and interesting lore.

So idk where all that city builder imagination came from.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by Dranny
    I think Titan will be played over the internet.

hehe...lolz....you are funny :)

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

blizzard will steal the farmville idea that have over 50mil player playing

call it a titan and make $$$

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by coretex666
    If it bombs like swtor, no need for people to make up nicknames like "tortanic". Blizzard do seem to be tempting fate with the code name of Titan.

Do you want the game to be successful? Do you want the game to be great?

Or you just want to watch Blizzard burn...

I am convinced that many would prefer it to fail and Blizzrd to burn. I don't think these people are interested in having a good game, a fun game, an immersive game. They are only interested in their own selfish agenda...which is the destruction of WoW and it's creators...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Rarrrrr

Burn baby burn

Oh dear
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    XAP

They were working with bungie in the past so a halo like thing might not be far off.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Networking layer was improved and includes the ability to handle raycasting for combat.

IP last I knew was supposed to be a new sci-fi of a sort from the lead desgner.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by coretex666
    If it bombs like swtor, no need for people to make up nicknames like "tortanic". Blizzard do seem to be tempting fate with the code name of Titan.

Do you want the game to be successful? Do you want the game to be great?

Or you just want to watch Blizzard burn...

I am convinced that many would prefer it to fail and Blizzrd to burn. I don't think these people are interested in having a good game, a fun game, an immersive game. They are only interested in their own selfish agenda...which is the destruction of WoW and it's creators...

Its not "many want to see Blizzard burn" I think its "many want to see the old Blizzard back" you know the gamer friendly company that made very high quality games for gamers and not what we've got now which seems to want to make games built around RMAH's & cash cowing it.

For example many believe if the old Blizzard North team was still around the below would probably not have happened and it would of been clear blue skys and good sailing for D3, just my thoughts on the matter.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Drops-Big-Time-Consumers-Fed-Up-44005.html

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Titan will be a horrible mess if it isnt anything other then a sandbox/themepark hybrid.  Until Blizzard gets back to innovation and expectations then none of their games or expansion will be any good.  I fully expect Pandaland to bomb even worse then Cata.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Titan will be freaking amazing and make GW2 look like ET from Atari.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I was thinking at work last week about Titan and what it may be.

I don't ever believe there will be a wow killer but at some point there will be a game that has more players than wow and I believe Titan will be that game.

This is what I think Titan will be.

-Blizzard said it would be a social game. I'm thinking Titan will be directly tied into Facebook.

-I think Titan will be a online city builder. Player housing,shops real people will run,events,neighborhoods,farming,tailoring,architecture. Deep deep deep customization.

I think titan will be a mix between second life,farmville and yoville.

I think titan will either have one huge server supporting millions of people at once or a few servers supporting millions.

I think titan will have a standard camera view behind the player like wow.

I think titan will have custom skins using our webcams for our toons faces and our webcams to video chat while playing titan.

I think titan will use webcams and microphones to give our toon voice in game and animate our toons mouths.

I think titan will have a military option for pvpers along with open world pvp for players that join the military.

-Bases will be set up around the world to capture cities and towns.

I think Titan will have one faction.

Titan will be very deep in customization and I believe Blizzard will set a new standard in server population capacity.

I feel bad for you, those expectations are so high...you are hoping for a bit much.  I mean, sounds great...but whoa...lol

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by strangewizard
    Originally posted by dustyhayes

I don't know why people expect this to be good, following the appalling diablo 3 and indifferent cataclysm & starcraft 2.

Blizzard are like bioware, used to make good games but are now riding on their reputation. Just that bioware started the decline earlier.

I expect Titan to be swtor bad.

Originally posted by Loke666

Titan is suppose to be very different from Wow, I frankly dont think it will do nearly as well as Wow did.

On the other hand do I expect Blizzard to release Wow 2 2016 or so and that will do very well indeed.Because if Titan dont deliver to Activisions expectations Wow 2 is the only sure way for them to earn insane amounts of money, and frankly would I be surprised if they havnt put a small team on it already.

Revealing Wow 2 before Titan is out on the other hand would be a bad idea, some of the Blizzard fans could decide to wait for it instead, and it might hurt Wows expansion sales numbers so they will do it behind locked doors for now.

Of course, that is only me guessing, but every game Blizz made since 1996 have either been a sequel or had one later besides Wow and Wow is their greatest success. Anyone thinking they will do sequels for all game except the one that made them really rich needs to think some more.

I agree, Cata & D3 have hurt their respective franchises at various degree's and stung Blizzards overall rep, I honestly think that it will be up to Titan to restore Blizzards bulletproof rep, but its going to have a harder time doing so since I think Blizzard used up a lot of its "free ride" or "leap of faith" selling power up on D3 and its a real shame because Blizzard gave us excellent games in the form of 3WC RTS + DotA, SC & WoW + TBC  =/

I never understood why gamers would like to see a WoW 2, IMO maybe Blizzard should do a switcheroo by making a "Warcraft 4" & "Universe of Starcraft" I think that would up their fortunes since a lot of Blizzard supporters keep asking for a SC MMO. =)

Explain how, rather then just saying it "hurt their rep".

Easy to criticisze negatively, hard to give constructive criticism.

The fact is you personally don't like, doesn't mean it is bad.

I'm I'm still 50/50 if your serious or trolling so i'm going to take the high road on this one image

I'm not the type to write a wall text, the below are some of the links which has helped me draw my own conclusions, plus the post 3 posts above this one, the numerous threads & post on here, battlenet ETC ETC who feel the same way:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo-3-Player-Count-Drops-Big-Time-Consumers-Fed-Up-44005.html
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/131615-diablo-3-the-blizzard-sweatshop
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/interview-diablo-creator-david-brevik-discusses-his-feelings-on-diablo-3
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/news/gameId/15/showArticle/25136

Deleted by user Double posted by accident =/