Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xpiher's GW2 Suggestion Doc (always a Work In Progress)

xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Hello all, my name is Xpiher Duminous. For nearly 15 years, I have been an avid MMOer. I’ve played pretty much every major title and a lot of niche games. In fact, you might have seen me in these games and participating in their forums (I’m very “vocal”). Since about 2007, I’ve made it a point to compile suggestions for the games I play instead of letting them get lost in the noise of forums. Below is a google docs link to my suggestions for GW2. I plan on updating the suggestion list periodically, most likely on Sunday. This thread will be “bumped” every time a major update happens and will include an over-view of the update.

If you piggy back off of my thread, or have good suggestions that I see in the future, I’ll likely include them in this document and give you credit (I won’t see them all).

Xpiher’d GW2 Suggestions

Games:
Currently playing:Nothing
Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
Past games:
Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
Xpiher's GW2
GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
Warhammer - Xpiher

Comments

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

"The survivor part of the monthly title doesn’t reset on death. Once you die, you cannot get the monthly achievement title. I believe it should reset on death, that way you can still earn it."

You do realize that it does already, it just shows you your best attempt so far...

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by grimm6th

"The survivor part of the monthly title doesn’t reset on death. Once you die, you cannot get the monthly achievement title. I believe it should reset on death, that way you can still earn it."

You do realize that it does already, it just shows you your best attempt so far...

I was wondering that. No I didn't realize that. I'll amend it. I'd rather it just reset to eliminate the confusion.

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• IstrebiteIIstrebiteI Member Posts: 266
    OP was right. It was bugged. I checked myself - i had some 18 000 value shown there, i earnt over 20 000 xp before dying, and on death, i still saw that 17 000 / something in achievement tab. It got fixed by now, but it was bugged definetly.
  • zalspherezalsphere Member Posts: 5

Some nice suggestions, even if I'm not a fan of all of them. I do find the idea of drop only weapon/armor skins (as opposed to actual gear) from dungeon mobs and/or bosses a very interesting one especially. I'm a cosmetic person, can't help it... would give me a reason to bother with dungeons occasionally.

I would like to see the Guild Hall & Player Housing pressed into the same idea. Make it similar to the Guild Hall from Guild Wars 1, but have it where players would need to "donate" goods/money/etc to the guild to have their own home built. Since the Guild Hall would be instanced, the guild could pay a fee (aka: money sink) to expand it as needed (kind of like the number of people you can have in your guild at once presently) to accomodate more homes. Each "expansion" of the guild hall area would allow more homes to be added, the exact number would depend on the type of homes built, of course. :)

Originally posted by zalsphere

Some nice suggestions, even if I'm not a fan of all of them. I do find the idea of drop only weapon/armor skins (as opposed to actual gear) from dungeon mobs and/or bosses a very interesting one especially. I'm a cosmetic person, can't help it... would give me a reason to bother with dungeons occasionally.

I would like to see the Guild Hall & Player Housing pressed into the same idea. Make it similar to the Guild Hall from Guild Wars 1, but have it where players would need to "donate" goods/money/etc to the guild to have their own home built. Since the Guild Hall would be instanced, the guild could pay a fee (aka: money sink) to expand it as needed (kind of like the number of people you can have in your guild at once presently) to accomodate more homes. Each "expansion" of the guild hall area would allow more homes to be added, the exact number would depend on the type of homes built, of course. :)

Which ones do you not like? 

Edit: Please bump my thread in GW2's suggestion forums if you think any of these should be in game ;)

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• zalspherezalsphere Member Posts: 5

Not real thrilled by the idea of "pushing up" the levels of mobs, or shear number to force Dynamic Events to fail in order to create a false "raid content". A couple of ideas that could work similar to this (borrowed from other games) would be to set massive dynamic events to occur on their own at 'semi-random' times. The massive "rift events" in Rift for example, just not in the same manner. When one occurs, it could inform everone viable a global chat message (like they do for maintence) that it has started.

The issue here is that it would cause people to (likely) flock to this zone and that would cause over-flow to kick in. To fix that, perhaps adding in multiple instances of the same area and have the exact 'raid content' happening simultaniously. If one finishes before the others, those who have finished should be 'locked out' of entering any of those still underway. This would keep guilds and large groups from zerging through one instance, jumping to another and another to finish them quickly and getting 2-3x the rewards of everyone else.

----

Unreleated to your suggestions:

I also feel that it couldn't hurt to tweak the drop rates of some of the normal mobs. Not the gear or what not, but the fine mat drops. At present each tier seems to have 1-2 mats that are insanely hard to get hold of, while the others are too common. I've noticed from personal experience this seems to be because 1-2 mobs will drop said item better than the others in the zone that also have it, however these mob types tend to either be extremely spread out or very scarce all together.

Kraits in Kellex Hills (for example) are all over the place. However, there are certain "groups" of them that like to cough up small scales more than the others. It couldn't hurt that much to bump the others up just a little to help even things out some. While I don't mind selling small scales for 1.4-1.7s each, I feel sorry for the sap who wants or needs them for his gear or to push past that tier and can't find the right spot to gather his own.

Originally posted by zalsphere

Not real thrilled by the idea of "pushing up" the levels of mobs, or shear number to force Dynamic Events to fail in order to create a false "raid content". A couple of ideas that could work similar to this (borrowed from other games) would be to set massive dynamic events to occur on their own at 'semi-random' times. The massive "rift events" in Rift for example, just not in the same manner. When one occurs, it could inform everone viable a global chat message (like they do for maintence) that it has started.

Takes less development time to do what I suggested and it accomplishes the same goal as what you suggested.

----

Unreleated to your suggestions:

I also feel that it couldn't hurt to tweak the drop rates of some of the normal mobs. Not the gear or what not, but the fine mat drops. At present each tier seems to have 1-2 mats that are insanely hard to get hold of, while the others are too common. I've noticed from personal experience this seems to be because 1-2 mobs will drop said item better than the others in the zone that also have it, however these mob types tend to either be extremely spread out or very scarce all together.

Something in the game economy has to be worth money. I agree that low level stuff should be more common though

Games:
    Past games:
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    would love to see more filter options in the trade window. be able to filter for light , medium, or heavy armor etc. , be able to filter only for equipment that you can use.

I miss DAoC