Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best game you aren't playing

2»

Comments

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

But the macro thing. I never understood that argument. If you don't like them, don't use them. It's not like they make you better at playing for having used them, in fact, if anything, it's the opposite. I use macros for very specific tasks and I try to keep them as small as possible. Frankly People who know how to fucntion without relying on macros play better.

This is true on the low end and false on the high end.  the person who spams 1 without understanding what the macro really is doing is not going to be a good player.   However its just simply more efficient to use macros in many cases once you understand when to use them and when not to use them (some classes are way more macroable than others).  I can guarantee you if you take skilled players, one who uses macros and one who doesnt and the macro user will come out on top in dps.

Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

Rift is certainly the best MMO out on the market for GoodAfternoon.

Fixed your post for you.   I think youll find your opinion is a minority one, bt f there was a bes MMO on the market for everyone there wouldnt be a whole lot of variety out there.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by truthhurts
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

But the macro thing. I never understood that argument. If you don't like them, don't use them. It's not like they make you better at playing for having used them, in fact, if anything, it's the opposite. I use macros for very specific tasks and I try to keep them as small as possible. Frankly People who know how to fucntion without relying on macros play better.

This is true on the low end and false on the high end.  the person who spams 1 without understanding what the macro really is doing is not going to be a good player.   However its just simply more efficient to use macros in many cases once you understand when to use them and when not to use them (some classes are way more macroable than others).  I can guarantee you if you take skilled players, one who uses macros and one who doesnt and the macro user will come out on top in dps.

Sure if you are DPSing a target dummy. I've seen too many macro users get too complacent with them and by not paying attention wipe groups.

Hell I've done it. I used to rely way to much on macros until my one of my ranged aoes finished off the current pull of trash mobs and then immidiately fired off into the next group just beyond, pulling the whole thing before the tank was ready. Unfortunately, that error was due to the macro's failover system and based on the nature of the one button macro, it was going t ohappen. My skill or situational awareness would have done little to stop it. I've also seen PVP setups destryoyed by CC breaking macro users.

There are so many examples where careless use of macros created more problems. I still think a better player will limit his macros condence them down into more but more specialized macros.

• KeyloggerKeylogger Member Posts: 250

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Not to sound trolling, but truthfully I tried it and found it amazingly unimpressive and got bored of it very fast.

I'm glad they've adopted Asheron's Call's system of regular content updates for free but the game as a whole was just rather meh.

I am glad they're continuing to do well enough to not have to go to F2P.

Yeah, the lore itself - while usually not a huge deal, was so cliche and overthetop it turned me off pretty quickly. Sure, the first time you hear a NPC say "HOLY SHIT AN ASCENDENED OH MY FUCKING GOD BECKY LOOK AT HER BUTT!" it's amusing but after like twenty times it's just...bad.

They really needed to tone down the derp of the lore a bit so it's not off-putting.

But, they are a decent company and seem to actually try - so kudos to them, and I hope they manage to actually deliver somehow, for someone.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

Fixed your post for you.   I think youll find your opinion is a minority one, bt f there was a bes MMO on the market for everyone there wouldnt be a whole lot of variety out there.

You fixed the post for yourself. 

I, like most normal people, know that the term "best" is opinionated when talking about videogames. Thanks for wasting your time, and my time though. 

Rift

You fixed the post for yourself. 

I, like most normal people, know that the term "best" is opinionated when talking about videogames. Thanks for wasting your time, and my time though. 

Yet on the last page you were condescending towards someone who had a differing view than you and laughed at his opinions as if somehow yours were superior than his.  And then you go on further and say that it is "certain" that Rift is the best on the market to reinforce that they were wrong and you are right.  You didnt say you disagreed, you didnt imply at all that you understood that different people have different opinions.  You cant tell someone their opinion is wrong (and act like an ass while doing it) and then turn around and say 'of course its an opinion, everyone knows it.  duh.'