Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't play this game because of terrible mouse lag/camera smoothing/acceleration

Comments

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by tyrannis

I'm guessing you find alot of things frustrating. 5 minutes of research and you could solve this not to mention come to understand it's not the game being shity.

I'm guessing that you assume that you have al the answers.

I have done everything that has been recommended by people here and on other forums, and nothing changes it. 

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Options>General Options>Camera>Rotation Speed  <== adjust this until it feels just right for you.
  • korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I really don't have any issues with camera... At first the camera had kinda slow rotation speed but after configuring it it's really fine.

I think I have issue like yours only when I set to supersampling with everything maxed, the FPS goes down to around 20-30 FPS and the camera movements just feels "laggy", meaning it's a short delay between pressing a button and moving the mouse and seeing the camera actually move. But that's only when I "overload" my GPU capability I'd say :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• LakytusLakytus Member Posts: 59

The cursor itself does use a 1:1 hardware cursor, so that part is not like Skyrim.  The camera does keep moving a bit after you stop moving the mouse.  However, while it is moving, it seems to move 1:1.  It's kind of weird but I actually don't notice it while playing.  I too believe this is a design choice to give it a more cinematic feel.

Which mouse are you using?  Most gaming mice have an inherent mouse acceleration built into the laser which might be affecting your perception.  If you're using a Razer mouse, those use a different laser which don't have it.

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by Lakytus

The cursor itself does use a 1:1 hardware cursor, so that part is not like Skyrim.  The camera does keep moving a bit after you stop moving the mouse.  However, while it is moving, it seems to move 1:1.  It's kind of weird but I actually don't notice it while playing.  I too believe this is a design choice to give it a more cinematic feel.

Which mouse are you using?  Most gaming mice have an inherent mouse acceleration built into the laser which might be affecting your perception.  If you're using a Razer mouse, those use a different laser which don't have it.

I'm using a G700, and I don't have this issue in any other game (other than Oblivion, where the issue is well documented).

I have tried just about every setting in the game, and nothing stops it.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by rikilii
    Originally posted by Lakytus

I'm using a G700, and I don't have this issue in any other game (other than Oblivion, where the issue is well documented).

I have tried just about every setting in the game, and nothing stops it.

That's the same mouse I use, and I've also fine tuned the settings both in-game and out and the results are the same. That being the case, I have to wonder if the game might have an issue with wireless mice? I'll have to try it later while I have the cord plugged in and see if there's a difference.

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

I'm guessing you find alot of things frustrating. 5 minutes of research and you could solve this not to mention come to understand it's not the game being shity.

I have done everything that has been recommended by people here and on other forums, and nothing changes it. 

the same can be said about you rejecting the answers being given...unless you are super special and somehow are one of the few people that didnt have their issue fixed by making the simple adjustment in the games options cause most of the threads on the forums with people talking about this issue post again stating it works.

If it doesnt work for you, its a system issue cause this game uses 1:1 with the options adjustment.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by rdrakken

the same can be said about you rejecting the answers being given...unless you are super special and somehow are one of the few people that didnt have their issue fixed by making the simple adjustment in the games options cause most of the threads on the forums with people talking about this issue post again stating it works.

If it doesnt work for you, its a system issue cause this game uses 1:1 with the options adjustment.

Um no.  If you can't see the problem, just admit it.  Some people can't.  I don't understand how they can't, but they can't.  It's not a system issue, it's how the camera was designed.

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

If youre having camera speed issues it's likely due to the fact that you can't play the game either maxed out or the current settings your at your system can't handle. So your framerates are a bit low. It will emulate a mouse lag, but really it's just running slowly. I play it completely maxed out (with the exception  of supersampling) and it's absolutely smooth. Almost too smooth. No mouse lag though.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Xzen
    Options>General Options>Camera>Rotation Speed  <== adjust this until it feels just right for you.

It's not the ratio of mouse movement to camera rotation, it's a matter of acceleration and deceleration when you start and end mouse movement.

PUHlease, guys if you don't understand the issue, don't clog up the topic with bullcrap about mouse lag and fps and options and system issues ffs.  My fps is fine, some people just care about PRECISION when they mouselook in a game.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I have zero issues with camera movement and I'm mouselooking 95% of the time I play. Just adjust the mouselook speed in the preferences until the camera moves smoothly with your mouse. If mouselook is set too low, you'll get the behaviour as described.

Another thing to check is your windows mouse settings. Makesure you aren't forcing setpoint for games.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269
    Originally posted by adam_nox

It's not the ratio of mouse movement to camera rotation, it's a matter of acceleration and deceleration when you start and end mouse movement.

PUHlease, guys if you don't understand the issue, don't clog up the topic with bullcrap about mouse lag and fps and options and system issues ffs.  My fps is fine, some people just care about PRECISION when they mouselook in a game.

People state complaints and/or ask for answers and then bark at the people that respond. We gave you what we thought may be the solution, or solutions that have worked for us. If you don't like what people will tell you, then don't pose a question.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I have heard of this many many times. It is too bad that some folks are effected by this. I honestly have tried make myself see what others are seeing that makes them nauseated. I'm guessing it has something like motion sickness. So it must effect some and not the others.

Perhaps dramamine for motions sickness relief would help and a couple shots of Jack Daniels!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by evolpc

Found a link to a good, thorough description of the problem.  Check it out http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/234839-camera-control-issues-a-documented-list/

And remember, this is something that is completely subjective. It may not bother you while it bothers others. It does not bother me but I recognize it is there.

good link :)

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274
    It doesn't make me sick, but I do dislike it and would like an option to make the camera control more like in, for e.g.,  WoW, where as soon you stop moving the mouse, the camera stops immediately as well. The whole "deceleration-before-fully-stopping" thing just annoys me.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by evolpc

Found a link to a good, thorough description of the problem.  Check it out http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/234839-camera-control-issues-a-documented-list/

And remember, this is something that is completely subjective. It may not bother you while it bothers others. It does not bother me but I recognize it is there.

good link :)

For me, it's not an issue of subjective perspective. I absolutely do NOT have this issue.  My camera moves precisely with my mouse.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88
    It s a terrible design choice, It actually gives me a headache after 1/2 hour or so. Nothing in the options help it.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I don't have that problem. I think you should try cranking your video settings down a notch or two.
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by TGSOL
    It doesn't make me sick, but I do dislike it and would like an option to make the camera control more like in, for e.g.,  WoW, where as soon you stop moving the mouse, the camera stops immediately as well. The whole "deceleration-before-fully-stopping" thing just annoys me.

+1

The more I look into this, the more it seems like a forced "smoothed mouse" option by design. Many games have it (like Istaria and EQ2), but it can be disabled to give you a more "stiff" camera control, which I prefer greatly. 

I will say that from my experience, it does seem to have a bigger impact on systems with lower frame rates. My friend runs at around 35-40 most of the time, and it's very noticeable on his system, almost unbearable even. My system, on the other hand, once I lowered a few settings to get a constant 60 fps, it seemed to make the "camera lag" much less noticeable.

• samboleonsamboleon Member UncommonPosts: 5

hi all, im just asking your opinion that can my PC run GW2 with this sh*t ?

amd athlon 64 x2 4800 2,4GHz, 2GB ram, 280 GTX 1GB

i would like to play sooooo much but dont want to buy the game without confirmation.

i know there are some system req. released, but i would like to know all of your experience of the game with your hardware, thanks in advance.

P.S

i have played GTA IV with this if that tells you guys and girls something.

just noticed; wrong topic, sorry for that

• arebareb Member Posts: 144
    I too am having issues with my mouse.  I wish there was a way to turn off acceleration and deceleration on the mouse.  The camera turn speed also seems to be capped.  I play all my games with very high mouse speed and it frustrates me that I can't turn fast enough.  It does seem that this was a design decision, probably to avoid things like PVP where someone runs back and forth through you by doing 180s realy quickly.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Thanks to all with your input, I too is having this issue. Have tried the mouse setting but to no avail. Will try out the graphics setting side tonight, hope it works

RIP Orc Choppa

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Have noticed it also, don't like it but like the game enough I've ignored it as best I can.  Luckily it isn't making me sick so far.  I haven't looked for a setting on it, probably should, ahaha.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by adam_nox

I don't have the same problem then. My camera only moves when I move it with no acceleration or deceleration because I have it dissabled in my mouse's software. I do care about precision. There is absolutely 0 acceleration on my mouse/camera movement in GW2. 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

From my perspective they fixed mouse control. about a week and a half ago. Prior to the change if you held deon the right mouse button  you toon would spin in place when you slid you mouse left and right, like all other mmos. There were problems with it though it was sluggish and unrepsonsive at times. 

After the change holding the RMB no longer turns you toon. You have to be moving to turn now. LMB+RMB. If you just hold RMB now the camera does this panning in and out thing. This got rid of the dsuggish unresponsiveness of the first couple weeks. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"