Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Patch v1.0.5 Preview

2»

Comments

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by nhat
    Originally posted by Deivos
    And almost half the people who voted said no. 46 vs 54 :p

That's how voting works....  are people this dumb?

Congratulations on the most obsure insult of the day.

My response clarified that while, yes, people voted for the game to be on MMORPG.com, it was by a small margine before the title was released.

I didn't contest the results. I fail to see what aspect you are calling dumb, perhaps it's projection.

Yould you care to clarify whether or not you had a point or were just trolling?

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

My response clarified that while, yes, people voted for the game to be on MMORPG.com, it was by a small margine before the title was released.

I didn't contest the results. I fail to see what aspect you are calling dumb, perhaps it's projection.

I think his point is that it doesn't matter by what margin the voting ended, everyone knows how voting works. So you didn't need to mention that.

That'd be fine and dandy if that was my point in any way, shape, or form.

Margin matters because of context. People were jiving on the release of the game and, because they are people, were lazy and indiscriminate about where they wanted to go to read and babble about something.

Now that the game is out I am willing to bet if you polled everyone again the results would turn up no because they are more readily going to accept the fact that it's not an MMO and this is a site that's supposed to be largely focused on MMOs while it's sister sites take on other genres after their own namesakes.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    People still play this game? Either no one cares anymore. The game is EOL.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

[mod edit] 135 more people voted in favor of having D3 on the site. The vote was taken a year ago, not today. At the time, the game was eagerly anticipated. 

Enjoy the D3 fourm. :-)

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

I see Blizzard has made a mockery of Hardcore now, if you die on hc there is a way that Blizzard staff will bring you're charactor back to life.

[mod edit]

Apparently I have to repeat myself and note the poll was taken when people were antsy to hear about the game. This resulted in demand for something that essentialyl has nothing to do with the site being put up on the site.

Like I have had to point out twice now, the implication of this is that at this point, should the same minds be polled again now that they are of sound reason to consider the game's presence, you will not get a winning vote for it to be presented on this site.

Because it's not an mmo.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Well Diablo III is as much of a MMO as many other games here.  I used to argue what was and was not a MMO, but had to give up and bow to a less rigorous test.   When you get down to it, any multiplayer with character progression is essentially a MMO in it's basic form.  Just because there is not an open world and the game is mostly instanced does not disqualify it.
    That just makes it an online rpg. I'm ok with more lenient terms, but 1-32 players will never be 'massive'.

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    BF3 is also massive. In BF3 u can play with 64 other players, you have classes, levels, vehicles, weapons and its attachments, and milions play bf3.
  • stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

But more people voted yes making your post both meaningless and pointless! :P

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Psychow

I guess you'll miss out on Torchlight 2 too. That will be a fun game.

lol.  I seriously hope that was a joke.   Maybe you should purchase D2 and play it before you start comparing a real ARPG to D3.  

Better yet you can try POE the next time there is an open beta weekend.     

D3 is broken to the core.   There is no character development.   It is a simple gear grind that players can't grind, but they can spin the wheel and hope that luck is on their side.   Don't get me wrong D3 is an OK game, but it is a piece of crap compared to other ARPGs.   The only way I would ever log back in to play is the next patch that eliminates the complete gear dependence of characters.

Seriously,  who in the right mind thought that it would be ok for random character progression?   It is possible for a player to never find good enough gear to make it out of Act 1 in inferno.   

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

But more people voted yes making your post both meaningless and pointless! :P

Read what I had to repeat twice before, this is getting tedious.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by Fadedbomb
    Originally posted by museandali

millions play it, it's an online game by nature, even when you solo,, thus, by definition, it's Massive, Multiplayer, and Online.

/and some of us actually make money selling stuff to lazy people

By that butchering of the definition of what an MMO is then Call of Duty, or ANY lobby based game, is an MMO.

This is a lie, and an utter twisting of a definition to meet your own personal opinion. It is NOT a Massive Multiplayer Online game. It is only a Multiplayer Online Game (MOG). Just like Call of Duty, minecraft, etc.

So your telling me that it is a morpg? If so lets go to morpg.com...oh wait that is this site too...seriously try it....btw there was a vote about this awhile ago

Read the last two pages, dude.