Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Latest Patch Notes Revealed

2»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Originally posted by nolic1

They post it on the wiki when ever theres an update its on the front page.

Originally posted by Ghern

Huh?

There is always a link right on the login screen for the most recent updates.

It takes you right to their wiki update page.

Originally posted by Kost

Um... the wiki isn't advertised about patch notes, they aren't publicized for people to know about patch notes or quickly see it, but rather hidden away. As for the comment about the link...

http://i46.tinypic.com/4rarnb.png

Where exactly? Screen Shot Taken and no link posted.

Originally posted by Kost

It's right out in the open for anyone to view, anytime.

Lazy.

Um.... if its right off in the open, what would laziness have to do with anything? It would be right there to see. My point is it is NOT out in the open. The closest thing to updates is the left bit but much of that is just articles which is mostly propaganda stuff (Which is fine, games are alowd to do that). Most recent patch I did today and no news story about that at all.

Try this - it is on the front page of WIKI it is called PATCH NOTES - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_status_updates

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Originally posted by eddieg50
       I will not be renewing my Sub because of this patch--------he, he he

Haha! Good one :)

• SlheyasSlheyas Member UncommonPosts: 83

Engineer still need a buff.

Anet devs even said themselves that the class was underpowered.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I bet when Ghostcrawler says something interesting they will post it.  I also bet when MoP releases we'll hear a lot more from them.  Are you going to complain about that too?There's a lot of gaming news and blog updates on the news feed.  What are they supposed to put there?
    Holy crap! Are you really comparing the launch of an expansion to a small patch that is mostly bug fixes? Really?!
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I bet when Ghostcrawler says something interesting they will post it.  I also bet when MoP releases we'll hear a lot more from them.  Are you going to complain about that too?

There's a lot of gaming news and blog updates on the news feed.  What are they supposed to put there?

Holy crap! Are you really comparing the launch of an expansion to a small patch that is mostly bug fixes? Really?!

No, he's comparing the launch of an expansion to the launch of a game, and the fact that I bet that after MoP is launched, and mmorpg.com talks about nothing but it for a few weeks afterwards, if ghostcrawler announces a small patch that's mostly bug fixes it will also be reported as news.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by nolic1

They post it on the wiki when ever theres an update its on the front page.

Originally posted by Ghern

Huh?

There is always a link right on the login screen for the most recent updates.

It takes you right to their wiki update page.

Originally posted by Kost

Um... the wiki isn't advertised about patch notes, they aren't publicized for people to know about patch notes or quickly see it, but rather hidden away. As for the comment about the link...

http://i46.tinypic.com/4rarnb.png

Where exactly? Screen Shot Taken and no link posted.

Originally posted by Kost

It's right out in the open for anyone to view, anytime.

Lazy.

Um.... if its right off in the open, what would laziness have to do with anything? It would be right there to see. My point is it is NOT out in the open. The closest thing to updates is the left bit but much of that is just articles which is mostly propaganda stuff (Which is fine, games are alowd to do that). Most recent patch I did today and no news story about that at all.

Man if you can't HONESTLY see the patch notes on the login screen, top left, then I don't know how anyone here can help you.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Originally posted by L0C0Man

Originally posted by Torvaldr I bet when Ghostcrawler says something interesting they will post it.  I also bet when MoP releases we'll hear a lot more from them.  Are you going to complain about that too?   There's a lot of gaming news and blog updates on the news feed.  What are they supposed to put there?
    No, he's comparing the launch of an expansion to the launch of a game, and the fact that I bet that after MoP is launched, and mmorpg.com talks about nothing but it for a few weeks afterwards, if ghostcrawler announces a small patch that's mostly bug fixes it will also be reported as news.
    Blizzard just had a Developer Q&A, it was really long and they answered dozens of questions.

Why didnt that get posted as "news" here by the MMORPG.com staff?

WoW also had a minor patch a few days ago. It was mostly just bug fixes and balance adjustments.

Originally posted by Torvaldr I bet when Ghostcrawler says something interesting they will post it.  I also bet when MoP releases we'll hear a lot more from them.  Are you going to complain about that too?   There's a lot of gaming news and blog updates on the news feed.  What are they supposed to put there?
    Blizzard just had a Developer Q&A, it was really long and they answered dozens of questions.

WoW also had a minor patch a few days ago. It was mostly just bug fixes and balance adjustments.

Because MoP hasn't been released yet and won't be released for over a week. I bet blizzard news will start ramping up the few days before MoP is released, and stay in the spotlight for a few weeks afterwards... :)

Blizzard just had a Developer Q&A, it was really long and they answered dozens of questions.   Why didnt that get posted as "news" here by the MMORPG.com staff? WoW also had a minor patch a few days ago. It was mostly just bug fixes and balance adjustments. Why didnt that get posted as "news" here by the MMORPG.com staff?  
    Because MoP hasn't been released yet and won't be released for over a week. I bet blizzard news will start ramping up the few days before MoP is released, and stay in the spotlight for a few weeks afterwards... :)
    Oh, I see, so its only AFTER Mists of Pandaria is released that all of the small patches will be detailed as "news".

So, this "gotta report on every little thing" only lasts a few weeks?

GW2 launched 3 weeks ago.

Blizzard just had a Developer Q&A, it was really long and they answered dozens of questions.   Why didnt that get posted as "news" here by the MMORPG.com staff? WoW also had a minor patch a few days ago. It was mostly just bug fixes and balance adjustments. Why didnt that get posted as "news" here by the MMORPG.com staff?  
    Oh, I see, so its only AFTER Mists of Pandaria is released that all of the small patches will be detailed as "news".

So, this "gotta report on every little thing" only lasts a few weeks?

GW2 launched 3 weeks ago.

Exactly... that's how news work. Right now GW2 was just released so it is the big news, and anything about it will be reported, once MoP releases, GW2 will fade back a little and MoP will be the big news and again, anything about it will be reported as news.

Happens all the time, just look at the media frenzy with the canibal attack in Florida sometime ago... it was the only thing that all news talked about for a while, and suddenly every little bit of information even remotely related started to appear in first pages and on featured stories, even things that in other times wouldn't have been considered newsworthy, while other things maybe just as or even more important were relegated to secondary status or not even reported at all. It's how all news media work, there's one item that's the big news and every little thing about it is reported because it's expected to be what people want to hear about. Companies (like Anet) knows it and they're just doing their best to keep their products in the spotlight for as long as they can.

BTW, My guess is that you'll start seeing a ramp up on MoP and Blizzard related items next week (though GW2 is still recently released and the review is due to come soon, so it'll still be on the news) with an almost all blizzard related news after release on the 25th.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Succesful media instruments will focus their news on whatever is generating the most buzz. Thanks to everyone talking about GW2 and reading its news even if you hate the game (or hate it because some people love it too much), it generates enough attention (aka traffic and revenue) to keep small news like this important enough to be reported as a news post.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Good to see we get a HS nerf. :)

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Ancient Shark better be fixed..  EDIT: it was.. finally! image

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    " Thanks, I'd not know this stuff considering their complete desire to keep players in the dark unless they go for a scavenger hunt for information."

Every time you log onto the game and if auto play is not preselected, you'd see " state of the game" posted there. If you read it you'd see that arenanet posts All and any game update there.!

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    They buckled under the pressure and nerfed the thief. Still, good thiefs don't spam HS. I still think they need to look at the Guardian, its the only class that can be very defensive and still output decent damage.

He, he, ... enjoying it a lot. Mesmer on the other side, terribly bad dps. Impossible, compared to others. Ok, ok, ... somebody can say ltp, ... but have learned well and playing without all other classes but mesmer. As altholic will still play him, but is my least preferred.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    They buckled under the pressure and nerfed the thief. Still, good thiefs don't spam HS. I still think they need to look at the Guardian, its the only class that can be very defensive and still output decent damage.

He, he, ... enjoying it a lot. Mesmer on the other side, terribly bad dps. Impossible, compared to others. Ok, ok, ... somebody can say ltp, ... but have learned well and playing without all other classes but mesmer. As altholic will still play him, but is my least preferred.

I kinda like the mesmer for pvp, for pve its quite annoying with your clones disappearing all the time imo. :/

• sbrite10sbrite10 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Are we going to make every game's minor game updates "news" now? Or just GW2 since it's a hot topic this month?

Are we going to complain about every litt1e thing on the internet now as well?Dotn you have better things to do?Oh?No guess not.You have no life other than to complain about soemthing that really has no affect on your life whatsoever.

• RocSekRocSek Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Every update is available in their News and Announcements forum (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news) as well. Just a FYI

All I heard was... "Well aren't you just a little lolly pop triple dipped in psycho."