Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

80 things to do at lv 80....apparently

1235»

Comments

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

All Loot/Level based systems will always,always have a grind. Get over it, Honetly the only time a Level/Loot based system will not have a grind is when they just hand you the damn loot or make it so easy that there is no point in playing the game.

I played the krap out of Diablo1 and made the choice to grind the krap out of it for gear/loot on Nightmare, and you know what I had a lot fun doing it because I (read I) made the choice to do so, and the game was just fun to play, aspecially when my buddies joined in. Oh and playing with other people, was the other fun part of a multi player/online game.

you dont want a grind go play a single player non loot based system other wise your going to be unhappy for a very long time.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by BadSpock

You can make a similar list for every mmorpg ever released and 90% of it will be some form of grinding too.

I think this was done to combat the "nothing to do at 80" folks not the "omg GW2 has totally different end-game" folks.

I think this proves there is plenty to do at 80, and anyone who ever thought GW2 would be some holy grail of different end-game play was fooling themselves.

It's just the entire game is pretty much what's on this list and most themepark MMOs you have to be 80 first and then the game changes, GW2 the game 1-79 is pretty much the same as the game at 80.

That's the difference, and is still not "unique" as most sandbox games are this way too (no "different' end-game at the top.)

Originally posted by zaylin

All Loot/Level based systems will always,always have a grind. Get over it, Honetly the only time a Level/Loot based system will not have a grind is when they just hand you the damn loot or make it so easy that there is no point in playing the game.

I played the krap out of Diablo1 and made the choice to grind the krap out of it for gear/loot on Nightmare, and you know what I had a lot fun doing it because I (read I) made the choice to do so, and the game was just fun to play, aspecially when my buddies joined in. Oh and playing with other people, was the other fun part of a multi player/online game.

you dont want a grind go play a single player non loot based system other wise your going to be unhappy for a very long time.

Originally posted by Icewhite

Why are so many people vested in promoting this weird continuous warfare between Brand X and Brand Z?

All the same sterling fellow.  Damn, he is so attractive.  And the prose he generates, very effulgent.

Never mind, 'forum pvp', of course.  Nothing will stem this tide (except Pandas--give them something else to do, maybe?)

Even better make it F2P pandas that will be the next big thing we'll hear about and then there will be this continuous thread stream from hell about how horrible the cash shops are and how it will be the end of the world of warcraft forever and cats will mate with dogs and it will be like every single end of the world movie about dec 21st 2012 came out all at once. We'll have a tidal wave, a massive meteor, a planet core failure, a solar flare, a unknown planet collision, and an ozone layer failure all at the same time when that occurs LOL