Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan Thread

ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

I was thinking at work last week about Titan and what it may be.

I don't ever believe there will be a wow killer but at some point there will be a game that has more players than wow and I believe Titan will be that game.

This is what I think Titan will be.

-Blizzard said it would be a social game. I'm thinking Titan will be directly tied into Facebook.

-I think Titan will be a online city builder. Player housing,shops real people will run,events,neighborhoods,farming,tailoring,architecture. Deep deep deep customization.

I think titan will be a mix between second life,farmville and yoville.

I think titan will either have one huge server supporting millions of people at once or a few servers supporting millions.

I think titan will have a standard camera view behind the player like wow.

I think titan will have custom skins using our webcams for our toons faces and our webcams to video chat while playing titan.

I think titan will use webcams and microphones to give our toon voice in game and animate our toons mouths.

I think titan will have a military option for pvpers along with open world pvp for players that join the military.

-Bases will be set up around the world to capture cities and towns.

I think Titan will have one faction.

Titan will be very deep in customization and I believe Blizzard will set a new standard in server population capacity.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't know why people expect this to be good, following the appalling diablo 3 and indifferent cataclysm & starcraft 2.

Blizzard are like bioware, used to make good games but are now riding on their reputation. Just that bioware started the decline earlier.

I expect Titan to be swtor bad.
  • AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Very highly doubt open world pvp will be a main feature. Seeing as majority of nlizzard fans reject it.
    Oh and I think it will be a ip something a bit like halo and be for xbox720 and that win8 drm shop only.

It won't look good compared to ps2 as it will feature blizzard usual obsession both bunging everything in instances and on timers.
    What world do you live in that sc2's reception was indifferent? One of the top tourney games out there.
    It's not as good as the original or wc3
    Sc have alway been loved by asia while wc seems to be by westerns. But just about every site with user scores gives it around an 8 out of 10.
  • OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    The more I hear/think about titan. The more I realize it is going to be terrible. I just want to shut my eyes and pretend it is going to be a great game, but I know it will be the next big blizzard scandal. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Diablo3 and swtor got 9/10 scores, size of company and reputation for prior games inflated scores.
    All you hear is nothing from blizzard.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    i think u should not hold ur breath to see titan, we will only see it when blizzard think that wow flopped.
    Shaymo...not talking about "pro"critics. Users rate diablo 3 and swtor very low, but sc2 high.
    To be clear
    Sc1 at the time was the best rts out there
    Wc3 reinvented a few things, and was also the best rts of its era, and probably blizzard best game to date. I really like wc3 its a classic.
    Sc2 was a decent rts, but I wouldst say its hassles down the best you can play in the modern era with the likes of dow2, soase, coh etc.. doing some things better, some things worse.
    Diablo 3 is just a let's make as much money as possible out of the rmah and sod it if the ganeplay is then ruined game.
    I expect Titan to continue the trend, blizzard these days are a very greedy company.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Titan is just a clever marketing tactic to keep the focus on Blizzards future, but that future will never come so long as WoW keeps strong. Blizzard wouldnt release a game that would directly compete with their flagship title. When the day comes that WoW is shutdown, then they would begin actioning a new game.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Titan is suppose to be very different from Wow, I frankly dont think it will do nearly as well as Wow did.

On the other hand do I expect Blizzard to release Wow 2 2016 or so and that will do very well indeed.Because if Titan dont deliver to Activisions expectations Wow 2 is the only sure way for them to earn insane amounts of money, and frankly would I be surprised if they havnt put a small team on it already.

Revealing Wow 2 before Titan is out on the other hand would be a bad idea, some of the Blizzard fans could decide to wait for it instead, and it might hurt Wows expansion sales numbers so they will do it behind locked doors for now.

Of course, that is only me guessing, but every game Blizz made since 1996 have either been a sequel or had one later besides Wow and Wow is their greatest success. Anyone thinking they will do sequels for all game except the one that made them really rich needs to think some more.

I never said the best. I said one of. It still pulls large numbers to tourney events. As to d3 a lot of people have started to like the new changes and the view from crap to ok is forming.

As to your greed comments. Well that is opinion so i will leave you hater view for what it is.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Dragonantis
    Titan is just a clever marketing tactic to keep the focus on Blizzards future, but that future will never come so long as WoW keeps strong. Blizzard wouldnt release a game that would directly compete with their flagship title. When the day comes that WoW is shutdown, then they would begin actioning a new game.

If Wow continues to loose players the speed it have the last 2 years 2014 (which is supposed to be Titans release year) should be perfect to launch a new game and try to win back the old players.

Activision want a MMO with 10 million players or more, not 2-4 Million with half of them playing from China. Releasing Titan but only in the west would not compete with Wow China at all.

Wow wont be to shutdown for many years but it wont be the largest western MMO forever either. The game have had a great run but 8 years old is long for even a MMO, when Titan comes out it will be 10 years.

So I dont think you are correct, or you assume that Wow will win back all the players that quit the last 2 years with MOP, something I think is wishful thinking.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

there has been no news about Titan in 4 years since it was announced

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/10/qa-blizzard-ceo/

beyond some analyst claiming Titan will be a casual mmo

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/06/29/blizzards-titan-a-casual-mmo/

people can only speculate about both Titan and EQNext

Blizzard and SOE are not offering any information yet

Blizz never does till beta.
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I think Titan will be played over the internet.
  • just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I don't know why people expect this to be good, following the appalling diablo 3 and indifferent cataclysm & starcraft 2.

Blizzard are like bioware, used to make good games but are now riding on their reputation. Just that bioware started the decline earlier.

I expect Titan to be swtor bad.

Unfortunately, this ^^^^^^.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Ausare
    Blizz never does till beta.

2002 article about World of Warcraft

http://money.cnn.com/2002/07/17/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

friends and family alpha for WOW began in 2003

edit:

I expect we will hear more about Titan before closed beta is available for players

Story tells about as much as we know about titan.
  • arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

I believe Titans will be the final dream of all mmo players, combining themepark and sandbox elements that players have been crying for for so long.

Currently all the brightest heads in Blizz is doing this project, and Blizz by looking at mmo post WoW, knows that another themepark will be impossible to garner the same success it have in WoW.

PVP servers for open world pvp, and open world elite boss mobs for both pvp and pve players. Bringing back some of the EQ system.

They have been using WoW as a testbed of what players like or not, and seeing once again world mob is coming back to WoW , i believe they realise the old formula that have make WoW successful in the first place.

Ultimately players are tired of this genre in general , in regardless of themepark or sandbox, IF Titans fail, than we wont see another successful or AAA mmo anymore till the whole mmo is drastically change... maybe to something we dont recognize anymore...

RIP Orc Choppa

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

There have been a few articles that I feel make decent "educated guesses" on aspects of "Titan".

This article for example profiles a concept artist working on the project. His forte (genre?) generally is steampunk and sci-fi/fantasy cross-over.

http://kotaku.com/5940880/the-art-of-a-man-working-on-blizzards-next-mmo

None of that art is for Titan, tho.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    You think Titan is going to be the sims online?  God I hope not.