Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

What are you looking forward to with MoP?

AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

This is for the few people on this site that actually like the game.

What are you wanting most out of MoP?  I haven't really been this interested in an expansion since TBC. Dispite alot of the QQ about CRZ, i'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping it'll revive the world pvp quite a bit.

I'm also really wanting to play pokewow.. lol. Judge me all you want, pokemon was one of the greatest games made. It'll be fun and I really like to have fun.

Alot of cool stuff this time around.. but right now these are the 2 things that have me most psyched. However there is plenty more i'm looking forward to aswell.

Comments

• NixlNixl Ctown, VAPosts: 67Member

I would say challenge modes.  It is a nice break from raiding.  Also, perhaps scenarios depending on how they play out. 

The CRZ is also more useful than I thought. 

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Brandon, FLPosts: 3,649Member
    Originally posted by Aori

Does this exclude people that liked the game from beta->Vanilla->BC->even LK.... that did not like the way it changed with Cata nor the way it is changing with MoP?  Perhaps those that where what they are most looking forward to wtih MoP is for the particular expansion to fail miserably (not the game, just the expansion) and Blizzard to return to the pre-Cata days?

Because those would be people that actually like WoW...but they did not like Cataclysm nor are they looking forward to Mists.

It's not a WoW hate thing - it's a Cata/MoP thing.  SWG fans might understand - they'd complain that the scope's not the same, but on some level they would understand.

So if it does exclude those folks...well...er...never mind then.  Hope that you get everything you want and you have fun.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

I can understand the Cata hate.  They swung from grindy/mid-right difficulty to ultra casual in a single xpac, but what is your hate of MoP? 
  • AusareAusare adamstown, MDPosts: 850Member
    Just looking forward to new stuff to do and the new class to play with.
  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Nixl
    I can understand the Cata hate.  They swung from grindy/mid-right difficulty to ultra casual in a single xpac, but what is your hate of MoP? 

i dont hate MOP - im wary if Blizzard has learned anything from the mistakes of Cata

in a similar way,

many players are wary of any SOE game after being burned by SOE's poor decisions

I do plan to buy MOP, but not this year

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,767Member Uncommon
    im looking forward to the expanding Lore. I dont like subscriptions but i do like WoW and love its Lore so when i have some extra cash i buy a month on and off. The Lore is what keeps me interested in WoW since the first time i played the game

Originally posted by Nadia

i dont hate MOP - im wary if Blizzard has learned anything from the mistakes of Cata

in a similar way,

many players are wary of any SOE game after being burned by SOE's poor decisions

I do plan to buy MOP, but not this year

The major issue that I had with Cata was that it did not have enough variation or content.  I came back for 4.3 and there was a total of 3 endgame heroics and DS.  Nothing else.  That is what killed Cata for me.  In previous xpacs, I remembered far more variety.  Another issue I think that Cata had was that listened to the people that wanted a harder heroic system, which ended up alienating a large portion of its casual audience. That us what caused the knee jerk reaction and thus DS. 

Thus far, I think MoP has shown a good degree of variation(now have challenge modes, scenarios on top of hopefully more dungeons/raids).  The issue in my opinion is whether they can keep up the patches and the content.  That would kill Mop for me. I do not want to be pigeoned holed into the same 3 dungeons and raid again. 

• AdoniAdoni Tucson, AZPosts: 347Member Uncommon
    The monk class.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

Does this exclude people that liked the game from beta->Vanilla->BC->even LK.... that did not like the way it changed with Cata nor the way it is changing with MoP?  Perhaps those that where what they are most looking forward to wtih MoP is for the particular expansion to fail miserably (not the game, just the expansion) and Blizzard to return to the pre-Cata days?

Because those would be people that actually like WoW...but they did not like Cataclysm nor are they looking forward to Mists.

It's not a WoW hate thing - it's a Cata/MoP thing.  SWG fans might understand - they'd complain that the scope's not the same, but on some level they would understand.

So if it does exclude those folks...well...er...never mind then.  Hope that you get everything you want and you have fun.

..if you hate MoP then you can't answer my question. I played in every era of WoW, my longest era played being TBC which I still find to be the sweet spot.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 2,926Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by VirusDancer

no need to troll a thread specifically asking for positive opinions.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Monroe, NJPosts: 1,707Member Uncommon
    More activities, world pvp, world bosses, pet battles, much better end game then Cata. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-FFXIV:ARR

• jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member

Probably getting the 'old gang' back together.

Not sure why but everyone that jumped during Wrath (ICC was the worst period in WoW -.-) are now all 'OMG PANDAS / PET BATTLES!'.

Heck, I'm being paid to come back (MoP + 60D card) cause god-knows-why; oh that's right, I have 8 80s. :P

To be honest, pretty sure I'm going to play a bit, get to 90 and just do raids.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• SlampigSlampig Chantilly, VAPosts: 2,376Member Uncommon
    I am hyped for all of it. The beta was cool but I am ready for live release.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Brandon, FLPosts: 3,649Member

I'll answer that in another thread - I'll create a post for it.  It's way too off topic for this particular thread.

..if you hate MoP then you can't answer my question. I played in every era of WoW, my longest era played being TBC which I still find to be the sweet spot.

The reason I asked what I did was because you asked about folks that like the game.  MoP's not the game - it's an expansion.  Besides, I never said I hated anything - actually went out of my way to say that it was not a hate thing.  I played WoW from beta.  My longest period was Vanilla, then BC, then LK, and Cata being the shortest.  Well, Cata being the shortest is an understatement.  I barely played two weeks and walked away from a game that I had really enjoyed.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

no need to troll a thread specifically asking for positive opinions.

It's not trolling to disagree with something, and it's definitely not trolling to ask for clarification on something.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• ShadoedShadoed BirminghamPosts: 1,499Member Common

Looking forward to building my personal farm again and raising my dragon. I am missing my comfy hut, pet dog and yak already :)

I purposely kept away from the dugeons during beta so i could play them fresh with my guildmates on release, so i am looking forward to that as well as levelling my craft skills, especially cooking which is a lot more rewarding now.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• expressoexpresso mePosts: 2,183Member Uncommon
    Challenge modes and leader board, Pet Battles, Raids and the promise that the first content patch (5.1) will bring back world PvP.