Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gw2 aint for hardcore gamers

JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

Thats the truth, thats why we are already seeing "going back to wow" threads n stuff like "bored already" because the game has barely no grinding and makes it fairly easy to achieve things and truly hardcore players dont mind grinding because they know they'll be rewarded for all that painfull hard work and they'll also feel superior to all those players who havent got the time to get that "awesome pvp gear" other games offer... while in gw2... pretty much every1 is at the same level.

So, no doubt this is like the best mmo for any casual player who doesnt spend all the time on gaming.

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Depends on which definition of "hardcore" you employ and that is a large discussion in itself.
  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    im not taking sides but " the junk of one can be the precious of  others"
  • Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    The only thing grindy in GW2 is making legendary weapons.
  • JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Depends on which definition of "hardcore" you employ and that is a large discussion in itself.

hardcore for me is pretty much any gamer who spends most of his free time for gaming

• TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Hyp47

Thats the truth, thats why we are already seeing "going back to wow" threads n stuff like "bored already" because the game has barely no grinding and makes it fairly easy to achieve things and truly hardcore players dont mind grinding because they know they'll be rewarded for all that painfull hard work and they'll also feel superior to all those players who havent got the time to get that "awesome pvp gear" other games offer... while in gw2... pretty much every1 is at the same level.

So, no doubt this is like the best mmo for any casual player who doesnt spend all the time on gaming.

Why is it the best MMO for casuals? (hint, its not, because the best MMO for casuals is the same as as the best MMO for everything, if its a good MMO, everyone enjoys it)

And what the hell do you mean "going back to WoW"? No hardcore players play WoW, its the most casual game on the market.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    I guess if you define hardcore as the raid monkeys whose idea of a good time is  repeating the same old scripted raid until thier eyes bleed and telling themselves that takes skill you are 100% correct. But I call that stupid , I could train a monkey to sit there and press key 1, 2, 3, 4 over and over which pretty much sums up any raid. Only thing hard core about raiding is hte amount of time it takes which could be better spent doing something different and challenging, just my opinion of course

I miss DAoC

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    We all drink Nestea and are "cool to the core"...
  • SirenRoseSirenRose Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by TobiasGrey

And what the hell do you mean "going back to WoW"? No hardcore players play WoW, its the most casual game on the market.

Agreed.  WoW hasn't been hardcore ever since the inception of Wrath of the Lich King.

Playing: None
    Have Played: City of Heroes, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Fallen Earth, Diablo 3, DC Universe Online, Marvel Heroes, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Pfff, my PvP gear looks way better .. XD

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Jackdog
    I guess if you define hardcore as the raid monkeys whose idea of a good time is  repeating the same old scripted raid until thier eyes bleed and telling themselves that takes skill you are 100% correct. But I call that stupid  . I spend most of my day gaming but raids are so old school in my opinion

Good raids are great, like DAoC raids. They happened every now and then for fun, and you could bring anyone to them, and do them all out of order.

EQ/WoW style raids are awful, and I'm glad they're gone from this game.

But I would never EVER call anything in WoW hardcore or oldschool.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    WoW isn't really for hardcore gamers either... sorry, just had to say that, I'll avoid bashing GW2 (as fanboys would call it) and just go on my way laughing at the claim that WoW is hardcore.
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

hardcore for me is pretty much any gamer who spends most of his free time for gaming

Then I have to disagree you. I would imagine that a lot of the League of Legends "hardcore" players are perfectly fine with not gaining power despite large time investment; just give them a decent ELO-system and they'll be fine. 

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    what MMO these days is "hardcore" exactly?
  • PrograssivePrograssive Member Posts: 48

ArcheAge will destroy all of these games trust me.This game is not for hardcore gamers yes %100.

Gw2 is the same case as SWTOR.

Really good since max level.After that really sucks!

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

Good try, but im what you call a hardcore gamer and i understand that the dungeons in this game are harder than most (from what ive experienced) games on the market nowadays. I don't mind being on the same level of them stat wise, but i know im a better player than them if i see said person getting downed 5 times on a boss (world or dungeon for that matter) and ive not been downed at all. That's my reward, and looking better than them.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by tank017

Entropia Universe?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Originally posted by Sciva

Good try, but im what you call a hardcore gamer and i understand that the dungeons in this game are harder than most (from what ive experienced) games on the market nowadays. I don't mind being on the same level of them stat wise, but i know im a better player than them if i see said person getting downed 5 times on a boss (world or dungeon for that matter) and ive not been downed at all. That's my reward, and looking better than them.

And where is the reward ? I killed more thn 100 players in WvW and the reward is same EXOTIC item.Same stats but better looking? I dont give a sh*t for real

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by motta11

And where is the reward ? I killed more thn 100 players in WvW and the reward is same EXOTIC item.Same stats but better looking? I dont give a sh*t for real

+1

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Where is the reward in WOW.  The + in Stats.  is that why all those elites stand around in Orgimmar?

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    By your definition, I'm a hardcore gamer, and I'm enjoying GW2 quite a bit.

Though if i wasnt, the last place i'd probably go back to is WOW..
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    all the new titles arent even hardcore, not even WoW anymore. If you want hardcore take a trip back down 9 years or so ago. hardcore doesnt exist nowadays, not real hardcore at least doesnt exist.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• SteeJanzSteeJanz Member UncommonPosts: 334

Oh.  Interesting.  Could you please attach a picture of your character with a full set of exotic gear fro Arah.   Since it is so easy to get.  I imagine you have all the weapons as well. 

Originally posted by SteeJanz

Where is the reward in WOW.  The + in Stats.  is that wy all those elites stand around in Orgimmar?

Mate Im not defending WoW.We are discussin about gw2 and this sh*t system.

''LEGENDERY WEAPON'' HOLY SH*T

Legendery weapon=Exotic Item LMAO.

Please dont be a fan boy.This is sucks.I'll pay more thn 40 golds and 200 skill points for better looking SAME STAT staff?

4 example Im playing 12 hours per day and ur playin 2 hours and we 'll have same items ?Whats the difference ?My 10 hours for what? JUST BETTER LOOK!

Bro Im not a god damn Model ! I dont want better looking,I want Power.

This game is not a freakin Fashion Game right????

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Castillle
    Originally posted by tank017

Entropia Universe?

Yeah,I'd say thats basically where the "hardcore" MMO's lie.In the less popular,more obscure outskirts of the MMO world.Entropia Univers,Darkfall,Mortal etc...I'd say Eve is the most popular.

Thats where u need to go for "hardcore" IMO,even though your options arent the greatest to choose from.

You wont be finding it in GW2 or WoW,thats for sure.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

The real question is did Anet ever advertised GW2 as hardcore? i don't even like this term by the way.  GW2 was always about giving options so that players can choose there activities on basis of free time avilable to them.

Right now the most 'hardcore' part of the game is dungeons so did cater to their needs too.  Go knock yourself out in dungeons.

Just remember though you were never the target player base for Anet. That is not how yo sell millions by catering to hardcores.

This discussion has been closed.