Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your fondest pvp memory in a mmorpg?

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

I could have sworn I replied to this thread...hrmmm.

Looking through my posts, I guess I did not.  Perhaps I started to reply and went to sleep...er...something.

SB - running around on my Rogue Assassin and spying on Goonies when they came to raid our town.

EVE - killing my first ganker in a sui-Kessie and making enough to start my own corp the first week of play.

WoW - preBC running around with my Suc out on my Lock and watching Rogues die.

AO - running around with a group of other Fixers and killing Smurfs.

UO - hunting Reds.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    world of warcraft pvp - when wintergrasp was cool. it was pretty much the entire server dominating the other faction in a battleground. this was before they made both sides equal and people stopped going to it. :(
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There is a series of achievements in WoW, all focused around particular monthly WoW Holidays. Some of them center around the battlegrounds, and they are really hard to do in a normal battleground. For instance, switching flags or resetting towers after the opposing team has grabbed the flag or started capturing a tower. These achievements are near impossible on a normal day. What both factions do is allow the other faction members into the flag rooms or towers and everyone stands around trading flags or flipping and reflipping the towers. It always goes OK for awhile, but as more people show up small fights break out or one person shows up who either doesn't get what's going on, or who just doesn't want to play along. Tensions build until suddenly there is a HUGE PvP fight over the fact there's just too many people in one spot to not fight. It is chaos spawning out of order and it's glorious. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495
    fondest PvP memory:
    warhammer tier 3 sieges during beta, hands down.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Vanilla WoW going for grand marshal 16 hours of instanced pvp a day to get that 500k honor a day lol.

Something I could never imagine doing anymore but man those 5 min AB wins were SO FUN back in the day!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Anytime I fought Tajiri on SWg. That guy was a beast and always had the best foods. 

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

I was in my couch this morning thinking of pvp and how the new pvp battlegrounds in mmorpg's have ruined pvp.

I was thinking of what I missed and thought of Asherons Call 1 and how much fun I had in it.

One  thing that happened to me in that game that I still remember to this day.

Some of this is a little sketchy since its been so long since I played.

1.I had a mage or some kind of caster. I was around level 40 something and I entered a dungeon I would guess for level 15 or so players. My toons name was Doxx.

I remember a group of 4 entering the dungeon , I went to the middle of the dungeon waiting for them.

A few minutes later they appeared and this is somewhat what the chat looked like.

Random toon: Hey look theres someone in here

Random toon2:Hello

Doxx: It is time

Random toon: Time for what Doxx?

Doxx: Time to die!  (I threw out a fire aoe killing the group)

Random players: Wtf! Assh***

Random toon1:Assh***!

(A few minutes later they appear again)

Random Toon: Hey Doxx can we finish this dungeon please?

Doxx: No! (Boom Fire Aoe , they die again)

(A few minutes later I see them appear in chat again)

Random Toon: If you keep this up , we will call in more people.

Doxx: Im sorry , you all may finish.

Random toon:Thank you

Doxx: Do you know what today is?

Random Toon: No Doxx whats today?

Doxx: The worst day of your life! (Boom fire Aoe , they die again)

(About 10 minutes later they appear with a friend a level 30 something)

Random toon whispers me :Hey this is funny shit do you mind if I watch you please dont kill me?

I whisper back:Sure np , stand to the side and enjoy.

Random toon 2: Ok everyone charge at him , hey where is random player 1 going? Why is he standing next to Doxx?

(Random player 1 starts to laugh and taunt the other players, random player 1 is now my friend)

(They all charge me)

Doxx: No one can stand the fire power of Doxx! (Fire Aoe nuke , they all die again)

(This continues for the next hour me and random player 1 become friends)

A few months later I run into random player 1 , he is now 5 levels above me and much more powerful.

We talk about that day , we become best friends in game for the next couple of years.

Your fondest memory was being a dbag? That memory could have easily been had a million times ... log in , kill scrubs .... awesome.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by Meridion
    fondest PvP memory:
    warhammer tier 3 sieges during beta, hands down.

Along the same lines, mine also in warhammer, repeated t4 keep defense vs zergs with organized tactics like feigned withdraw and misdirection. 10 or 12 of us could make 3+ wb's have really bad days.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

In Vanguard when we were all starting, pvp server.

Some guys decide that camping a respawn area was a fun idea. One of the ganked guys warned people on the continent channel, and the place got swarmed inmediatelly by green and black people (us) who "explained" them why that was not a good idea. They ended up logging out after over an hour of intense retribution gank fest.

Then another day, when our group was about to pull the end boss of a mid level area, the same guys showed up. Nobody did nothing for a while, until we decided pulling the boss, hoping those guys would be civilized this time. We were wrong. As soon as we pulled the boss, they attacked us. Amazingly, we managed to kill them, and then the boss.

I hope that told them a lesson, cos they never showed up a third time.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

- SWG - Pre-CU PVP: anywhere, anytime from 1 vs 1 to hundreds of player beating the crap out of each others. Especially chasing this rebel named Skirrel. He had the name asking for it ;)

- WoW - Tarren Mill, Southshore, Crossroads at launch: when PvP was something and being in the Horde meant playing 1 vs 4 and still holding tight.

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Asheron's Call at the Drudge Hideout right outside Holtburg. Holtburg = best pvp town ever created. It was a newbie battle, you formed alliances and they were also broken quickly. AWESOME TIME!
  • JoyBoy80JoyBoy80 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Lineage 2- Free servers back in 2005-2008 when ppl did know how and when to attack and not just at random like now days.

Planetside- What can i say it was the best, if you played it in 2004-2007 you know.  WCM !

Planetside 2- its in CB but damn this game is good.

• ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293

probably my first big baium fight in lineage 2.

two huge alliances fighting eachothers for well over 2 hours in tower of insolence. man do i miss those days :'(
  • DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Dueling outside of Iron Forge during vanila and ofc Open World PVP during the World of Warcraft PVP introduction patch - Pre Battlegrounds patch. 24/7 Massive(sometimes server crashing) raids in Hillsbrad(SS-TM), The Barrens(Xroads) and Westfall...

Just pure fun, too bad they've ruined it with the Battlegrounds, well players ruined battlegrounds when they stopped playing them for PVP and started farming them for rep and honor(AV exploits, leader rushes, etc`). But Blizzard didn't help with its pantering towards making them more accessible, after the patch  BG's used to be the center for everything PVP half the server would be parked at the entrances and except for WSG where the entrances were too far apart both at AB and AV(especially) there were open world PVP battles all the time since people would just go and poke the other side. Pretty much since they introduces the instant ques it all went down the drain, no one used the entrances any more, no socializing, no dueling, no open world PVP nothing :(

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    SWG Pre-cu  A band of 200 rebels came together to take down a large imperial town  8 hrs of fighting ensued and the town had fallen  it didn't stop there though and fighting continued in the bestine anchorhead coridor for anothr 64 hours,    I didn't sleep at all and solidly PVP'd for 72 hrs (barring the daily restarts)
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

In vanilla WoW I was level 30 ish Tauren Druid and hanging in by the pirates on the southern coast(forget name). I see two ?? Level alliance zeroing in on me.  They would have been level 40-50 judging by gear and the slower mount. Anyways the one charges and I'm shifting in and out of cheetah form and just get to the water with them both hot on my heals.  I can't  remember what the second guys class is as it probably happened 6+ years ago.

Anyways, I made it to the water and everyone should know you dont mess with a druid in the water.  I switch to seal form and dive as deep as I can expecting that to be the end of it.  Well the warrior is leading away with his buddy in tow and dive down to get me. I turn to them feeling brave in my new form.  The warrior gets close enought to charge.  My hits me and almost one shots me, so i quickly renew and gain distance because my thorns kicked in and the warrior is now rooted.  I root his buddy now and proceeded to start chain casting on both of them .  Some get resisted, but others land.  They realize their predicament and desperately start swimming for the surface.  I cast, resist, I cast again, success.  I rooted the warrior a mere two to three feet from the surface and drowned the bugger.  I could not keep his buddy rooted but he got to witness the death of this friend.  He stared at me for a few minutes then ran away.  

TLDR:  In WoW I killed a toon 10+ levels above me.  

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

SWG: Player City battles on Tat, 100's of people, was quite awesome.

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Ultima Online- Order vs. Choas wars in Brit.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071

This is an instant classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2fANLYHfbU

Avalon Torpedoes are an area-effect weapon that can 1-hit most fighter class ships, were taken out in alpha, and re-introduced as a rare bot drop about a year ago.  I didn't get any clean kills in but after taking heavy damage from Nahin Lor I decided to nuke a nearby asteroid, catching myself and everything around in the blast (Kamikaze torpedo attack at 6:10).

The video ends observing the finale to the nation war from a distance; slime and Andy Spades, two very skilled players, in an energy duel.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• LorkiiLorkii Member Posts: 88

My first ever keep take in DAOC. I was a new 50 mid warrior. Well I was in my shiny new Epic gear, and thought, screw it i ll just charge up and kill those weak as casters in the lord room. I learned very quickly teamwork was very key to success in this game. As I layed there dead in the lord room, I saw a slew of big troll warriors/thanes/zerkers, push up slowly, inch by inch, the battle that insued was easily 25 mins, for one set of staircase, and a lord to kill. I have never ever seen such teamwork, and coordination then that moment, and never have in any other game since. I remeber saying to one troll warrior after we finally took it, how the hell did you survive that, he laughed and said, get some healer friends:) After that fight, I was asked to join that troll warriors guild, that I stayed in for 6 years. COJ was our name on guinevere server, and I made easily 20-30 friends I still play with to this day.

I was laying dead on my fondest pvp memory for 5-10 mins, got rezzed and hung out scared with the healers till my rezz sick was gone, then took what I learned from that and had the most amazing time ever in pvp.

In DAOC I had many many many more.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

It's funny how all the memorable pvp moments are mostly World PvP moments.

Do you know why? Because what's to remember about killing so and so by the flag for the 10,000th time in some redundant BG.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by MMOman101
    The people. The games all fade, but the people are what I remember foundest

I agree- my fondest memory was our designated guild night for battlegrounds in WoW but it could have been just as easily done in any team-based PvP situation.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Aside from almost any given moment at the crossroads or Buc Den in UO...

I'd have to say the siege of CoS's Val'Haven city on the Treachery server in Shadowbane. I was the first one in, basically flying overhead to attract the NPC guards. My goal was to stay airborn and alive long enough to lead them out the back waterway and into the sea where they, in their infinite NPC brilliance, would drown.

This bought us the time for the furies to fly a small team over the walls to start the internal skirmish while the army outside set up the trebuchets, armed themselves with siege weapons and took to tearing up the back wall of the city. When we broke through the wall, we all just flooded in and the next couple hours were spent in constant battle and smashing a section of the city into a fiery sprawl of trashed buildings.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

It was in EQ2 Nagafen World PvP Server....

I found this chinese farmer with a full bot group under control near the top of this DEEEEEEP mining shaft. (Zek). I snuck up to him and punted him over the side. He plunged forever it seemed until he hit the bottom.

His group had him on auto-follow.....

good loot.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

There were a lot of great stand out moments in Precu SWG, but I'll share one of the more memorable.

I was an imp terikasi/fencer and there was this rebel town I loved to terrorize.  On my days off of work, first thing I'd do is log on and head down to this reb town and start farming their base which was just on the outskirts of their town.  Of course, the occasional reb citizen would show up and try to stop me and I'd kill them. Sometimes when I would get bored I'd wander through the streets of their town and kill anyone who happened to be attackable.

Well, one day I show up and start farming the base as usual, when out of the hills from multiple directions comes the townsfolk hell bent on killing me.  There were too many, so I decided to make a run for it.  It was a running battle all the way back to the imp base on Dantooine.  I just kept spamming the knockdowns and running my ass off, popping spice and snacking along the way to keep going.  They fought me within an inch of my life but stopped at the base walls just as I entered the base and screamed, "THE REBS ARE COMING THE REBS ARE COMING!!!!"

All the adrenaline pumping through my veins, I was shaking and could barely type.  The base was calm and quiet, Imps were just standing around, chit chatting, going about their business.  All was calm.  One imp turned to me and said, "What Rebs, newb, I don't see any rebs."

About that time a small army of rebs stormed the base.  Many died.  A couple of the reb townsfolk had only eyes for me though and they converged.  I fought all around the base and again decided to make a run for it, but this time....I had an idea.  A GOOD IDEA. HEHE.  I ran out of the base with my pursuers right behind, and ran right up to an AT AT.  I stood under it's shadow and made some obscene gesture at the rebs.  One of them must have thought, screw it, and he charged.  The AT AT jerked to life and killed him.  Then it started attacking the other reb and I ran out and finished him off.  HAHAHA

But the best part, a Reb Come Lately zips up on his hover bike to spectate the carnage.  I destroyed his bike and killed him.  An imp walked up, looked at the body and the smouldering bike and said, "Damn, that was kind of mean, lol"  To which I replied, "War is hell."