Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild wars 2 is the bestest. (thought it would be horrible)

Yup yup. If you haven't tried it you are truly missing out.

Ignore the haters.

Obviously were all full of opinions and I am allowed mine.

First time in 5 years I have listened to the story of a game (I am a Norn). I tried to listen to SWTOR but the story itself to me was horrible. Maybe cause im not a huge sci-fi game fan (love sc-fi movies). I have literally skipped maybe 5 minutes out of 10 hours of story and that was only due to time constraints. Truly love the story of the elder dragons.

I really came into this game thinking it was junk. I had no idea it would rebirth my faith in mmorpg games.

Again I feel like just running around and getting lost for the first time in a decade. There is so much to look at and so much detail even in areas that have no real use. Anet did not slack on making this world feel alive.

I have put in 170 hours now into my warrior and I am still not even close to ready to making an alt. There is so much to do I just don't understand at all about the posts saying im 80 now what? You think you beat the game cause you hit 80? LOL at that.

Anyway just saying...love the game and im truly excited to see a lot of things in GW2 being finely tuned for future mmos.

If every game just kept copying WoW I would have given up hope on the only genre that keeps me a hardcore gamer. I used to think WoW was the best thing to happen to mmorpgs. The only reason it really did any good was because for awhile we all had fun in it (or still are/pretending you are). Lately it feels like more of a setback in mmorpgs because there are literally 1000s of clones now and other games that are not even true mmorpgs are just copying the art style and such. Almost every new MOBA is copying the art style of these games. (yes i realize the most popular MOBA was a mod of WoW). i'm just saying.

Anyway its 330am here at work and im just kinda ranting on as many of us do at this time.

Peace and Love.

May you find a game that makes you as happy as GW2 is making me. Wether its for a month longer or a year longer. I certainly am glad I gave this game a chance when I had 0 expectations.

Hero Evermore
Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Comments

• MaxmmoMaxmmo Member Posts: 10
    Really wish i could feel the same way you do, but thats not the case i personaly like a class system gives me the feel of the pen and paper games i played as a kid, and i enjoy raiding  i enjoy the grind of games that take time to lvl a charater and really get to understand your class and roll in a group. GW2 is not for me  in that sence  i am glad people are enjoying the game just when i hear post that make the game sound like its the best thing out on the market i want to puke.  but i understand that when you like a game you look past the small falults and issues.
  • HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Oh i feel ya! There certainly is pretty bland choices in character uniqueness. I liked how Rift did classes it was much more unique to me. Riftblade/Reaver was a blast for me and not so common so I had a lot of fun with that. Path of Exiles which offers one GIANT skill tree that all classes specialize from is what I prefer personally. Or games like EQOA (ps2) which had a sweeeeet class mastery system. Berserker/Warrior. Was like 2 of us in the entire game that rolled that spec in end game gear. It's fun to be different and to truly make your character. Eventually we WILL get a high end mmorpg with no classes that stil fits into the mold we like of these epic games. Until then though I will simply do my best with the skills given to me and enjoy my exploration and comradere.

I know gw2 is not the game for many gamers. I'm just happy to have something fun right now to play because I eat games like lucky charms...and I eat lots of lucky charms ;)

Tera left me more dissapointed then I have been in years. I truly loved the tactical style combat (action combat they called it). The game just had no real end game. It thought enchanting was end game or reputation farming nexus that come out at certain times of the day a few times a week. Seriously worst end game ever (opinion).  Just so happy to be having fun in a game. I'm not easy to please sometimes.

Hero Evermore

Negativity is lulz.

Hero Evermore

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    [mod edit]

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    [mod edit]

Not necessary. You could simply say this should belong under GW2 General Discussion. Personal attacks are bad, niceness is gooder. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I have a 4am state of mind. I thought I WAS in gw2 general section :D I musta been reading PUB talk and just posted here.

I suggest talking smack about my mother though. It would fit the characteristics of your attitude (Just teasing!!!!)

Hero Evermore

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

So GW is the "bestest" because of the story? mmmkay...

You are aware tht the story has nothing to do with the fact that it is an MMORPG right?

It's the bestest to me! :D

I like a lot more then the story. It just is something i specifically talked about because I am amazed at myelf for having the patience to care about it. I skip a TON of story in single player RPGs these days. It's all so recycled. Idk..just really loving the game that is all.

More importantly! It's my 30th bday woot woot!

Hero Evermore

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Happy Birthday! May all your drops be rare :)

Originally posted by HeroEvermore

It's the bestest to me! :D

I like a lot more then the story. It just is something i specifically talked about because I am amazed at myelf for having the patience to care about it. I skip a TON of story in single player RPGs these days. It's all so recycled. Idk..just really loving the game that is all.

More importantly! It's my 30th bday woot woot!

Congratz on your making it to level 30! Love your attitude even if people won't understand your interest in a game. For some reason they think they can change your mind by demolishing your personal thoughts. Good luck! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

*puff puff pass*

What substance.... >.>

I got small plans with big ambition. A gallon of tequila for me and some close friends and I made my chef friend make me taco salad. He makes the bestest taco salad! OH YEAH BABY!!!!

THANKS FOR THE BDAY WISHES!

PEACE AND LOVE!

Hero Evermore

Anyway... Life is delicious.

Hero Evermore

Originally posted by Kaelano1
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    [mod edit]

Not necessary. You could simply say this should belong under GW2 General Discussion. Personal attacks are bad, niceness is gooder. 

[mod edit]

Well he has a very good point. It is a good game and it has been very, very entertaining. I have about 165 hours in and just can't get my crafting up to 400. It is challenging in some areas and easy in others, which would make sense since that is how life can be sometimes. 

My personal story is ok, not the greatest. I felt during beta when I played a human my story was more interesting and after I reach 80 on my Norn Guardian I may go with a human profession of some sort.

How about you? What do you think now...?

I love my Norn! I do plan on trying out the different races though. Most likely an Asura next as the females have a silly voice that interests me :D

Hero Evermore

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498

Oh i feel ya! There certainly is pretty bland choices in character uniqueness. I liked how Rift did classes it was much more unique to me. Riftblade/Reaver was a blast for me and not so common so I had a lot of fun with that. Path of Exiles which offers one GIANT skill tree that all classes specialize from is what I prefer personally. Or games like EQOA (ps2) which had a sweeeeet class mastery system. Berserker/Warrior. Was like 2 of us in the entire game that rolled that spec in end game gear. It's fun to be different and to truly make your character. Eventually we WILL get a high end mmorpg with no classes that stil fits into the mold we like of these epic games. Until then though I will simply do my best with the skills given to me and enjoy my exploration and comradere.

I know gw2 is not the game for many gamers. I'm just happy to have something fun right now to play because I eat games like lucky charms...and I eat lots of lucky charms ;)

Tera left me more dissapointed then I have been in years. I truly loved the tactical style combat (action combat they called it). The game just had no real end game. It thought enchanting was end game or reputation farming nexus that come out at certain times of the day a few times a week. Seriously worst end game ever (opinion).  Just so happy to be having fun in a game. I'm not easy to please sometimes.

If you liked EQOA I can't imagine you could get bored in any game. That game went years with more or less no updates, and when they stopped it wasn't like there was a mountain of content. Glad you are enjoying GW2, I am as well thus far.

*puff puff pass*

What substance.... >.>

I got small plans with big ambition. A gallon of tequila for me and some close friends and I made my chef friend make me taco salad. He makes the bestest taco salad! OH YEAH BABY!!!!

PEACE AND LOVE!

[mod edit]

If you are going to harrass me at least sexually harrass me sheesh. I mean it is my bday.

Hero Evermore

Yeah I did about 3 years of EQOA and Frontiers. The community was awesome. Everyone knew eachother it was good times. I had GMs making me items in the game that no one else had so I felt pretty special! Thanks Zathia I think her name was spelled! Good times! I quit that long ago though but it will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Hero Evermore

*puff puff pass*

What substance.... >.>

PEACE AND LOVE!

[mod edit]

If you are going to harrass me at least sexually harrass me sheesh. I mean it is my bday.

LMAO. It's nice to see someone in the forums with a healthy outlook. It gets old reading the same "I hate your game, mine is better" topics.

Of course the only problem with Norn at first is getting use to the speed at which they seem to be running. I think I adjusted to it but when I get a run buff it is amazing. 

Haha i get cranky at times also but I mean im certainly not letting that guy ruin my mood. He's just trolling for attention in the wrong way.

My gaming buddy I play all games with always yells at me cause I outrun him. Always tells me to equip my rifle so im slower without my melee weps hehe! I use the speed boost on melee wep buff. Can't live without it!!! (Norn Warrior)

Hero Evermore

Sweet never tried Block button before. It actually hides all his posts. I beat the game woot!

Hero Evermore

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

Don't let the OP get you too excited! GW2 is pretty standard fare. The story isn't that special, the game play is what you'd expect from an MMO. The maps aren't as large as they'd have you believe either. You run slow and still get anywhere really fast. GW2 is a good game, but it's really nothing special. 

The OP is also goes on about how its not a WoW clone... well its got an awful lot in common gameplay wise anyways. I think its a huge exaggeration. Really, it doesn't stand out. There isn't that much to do at 80 is what I am hearing from most players, though I haven't reached 80 yet so I can't state anything as a matter of fact. However, everything from the developer and other forum posts points to lots of grinding. Also, his MOBA comment is odd as they weren't a mod from WoW. 

I also hugely disagree that the world feels alive. Again, it feels standard to me. NPC's do move around, but they aren't that active. Once you have been to a zone you will notice that everything feels scripted and repetitive. Dynamic events don't feel so dynamic when you run past them repeatedly as they are "randomly" occuring. 

Great game IMO, but really, its not the second coming. Just a standard MMO that I think is pretty good and gets bonus points due to no monthly sub.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Bestest gw2 thread ive ever read!

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    GW2 players are the bestest.

OH yeah ur right it was a mod from Warcraft 3? I don't really play moba so my bad.

The game is worth buying thats all im saying. 60 bucks is a few nights out to dinner which is 4 hours of fun.

I have over 170 hours of fun for my 60$ GW2 purchase :D

Hero Evermore