Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] General: Loving 'LOVE'

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

In today's Independency column, we introduce you to one man's multicolored world, LOVE. It's not what you'd expect so take some time to read what we discovered. Let us know what you think in the comments.

No, I'm not talking about the emotion that we sometimes confuse uncontrollable physical lust with. I'm talking about Eskil Steenberg's moderately-multiplayer LOVE, the procedurally-generated RTS/FPS hybrid born of one man's five-years of labour. It's a phantasmagorical oil painting that you will either love or hate: a weird look into what else we can do with the MMO genre and something that will likely incur the wrath of anyone who dislikes the notion of artsy games.

Read more of Cassandra Khaw's Independency: Loving 'LOVE'.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride San''doria, WIPosts: 3,988Member
    Very interesting game I can see myself playing for awhile, though it's a bit hard to figure out at first despite the getting started guides on the wiki. Ask questions or get on teamspeak and the veterans there will help you out.
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Not Saying, QCPosts: 362Member
    Cassandra Khaw > Pokket
  • LeetheLeethe Posts: 876Member Uncommon
    I'm so happy that this game is still around. Real choice + real creativity + real innovation = win.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• NizurNizur Austin, TXPosts: 1,417Member

I tried Love a few years back. I think I lasted maybe an hour or two. There was hardly anything to it and I don't remember seeing another player in those few hours.

Those screenshots show the game has made a LOT of progress since I last tried it. Maybe I'll take another look this weekend.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• arcwestarcwest lubbock, TXPosts: 61Member
    Originally posted by DashiDMV
    Cassandra Khaw > Pokket

This is true

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,467Member Uncommon

YA i remember watching this guy years ago,i actually watched his super long video he had out on the net,i think watched it in you tube.

I thought the guy took on amazing effort and came away with a somewhat decent product,however >>>John Carmack he is not.

There are some really smart and some really dedicated people out there he obviously fits both bills..IMO he should have taken his talents ,showed some portfolio to Epic games and get hired by the best.I simply do not recognize any other development team as being close to Epic games.I feel this guy has a quirky outlook on design but his talents are undeniable.

Samoan Diamond