Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important announcement on Monday!

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    So...are they finally getting ready to release an ETA on the ETA for the DarkFall 2.0 Beta?
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Really excited to hear what they have to say.  They've been working on this since like 09...so if the date isn't sooner than later...this will suck.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by afhn2110
    Really excited to hear what they have to say.  They've been working on this since like 09...so if the date isn't sooner than later...this will suck.

I predict April 2013 Launch, but then delayed until September 2013.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290

Hopefully we get an actual announcement of when Darkfall 2.0 is releasing. Let's hope Tasos actually delivers for once and doesn't make us wait another six months for another pointless announcement like its been since Darkfall died.

Darkfall 2.0 is the only hope for a real open world PvP MMORPG to exist, if Darkfall ends up flopping, I'm just going to retire and never touch this genre again. MMO's are so boring these days, most don't even have true open world PvP. Old School Asherons Call PvP on Darktide was the best.

Originally posted by Gamefun

Hopefully we get an actual announcement of when Darkfall 2.0 is releasing. Let's hope Tasos actually delivers for once and doesn't make us wait another six months for another pointless announcement like its been since Darkfall died.

Darkfall 2.0 is the only hope for a real open world PvP MMORPG to exist, if Darkfall ends up flopping, I'm just going to retire and never touch this genre again. MMO's are so boring these days, most don't even have true open world PvP. Old School Asherons Call PvP on Darktide was the best.

I have to agree

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm
    So...are they finally getting ready to release an ETA on the ETA for the DarkFall 2.0 Beta?

Announcement about DF 2010...probs.

This is DF 2010 we talk about btw. they were to embarassed continue to call it DF 2010 well..cause we into 2012 now ...and they renamed it to finally DF 2.0.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

This is DF 2010 we talk about btw. they were to embarassed continue to call it DF 2010 well..cause we into 2012 now ...and they renamed it to finally DF 2.0.

Since when did you turn to the dark side? :P

What Tasos and Eventurine need to do is fix the skill system, the UI and inventory as well. Having to constantly move shit around in the inventory gave me really bad arthritis problems.

It's the number one reason why I quit playing EU beta and NA release. If they fail with another pointless announcement, I'm pretty much done with them and there nonsense.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

I would be thrilled if the announcment had something to do with a Skill cap in 2.0

-Then reality slapped me in the head-

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

I would be thrilled if the announcment had something to do with a Skill cap in 2.0

Actually, there is a skill cap in 2.0.  Or restrictions I should say...no longer will the hybrid be running around dominating the game.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

Actually, there is a skill cap in 2.0.  Or restrictions I should say...no longer will the hybrid be running around dominating the game.

Can you explain that please? I'm honestly confused. I never actually got into DF because you could learn every skill. Are they going to limit the amount of skills you can max out?

• TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by afropuff420

Can you explain that please? I'm honestly confused. I never actually got into DF because you could learn every skill. Are they going to limit the amount of skills you can max out?

It's like Eve. You can max out as many skills as you want, but you can only use a certain amount of them at once.

Initially they were going to limit this by which armor you were wearing like, heavy armor blocks all magic.

Now it seems they're doing a role system, you can go into the GUI and select mage, melee, or ranger type thing, but there's a limit on how often you can swap between roles.

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Since when did you turn to the dark side? :P

Since my experience on how the handle the wipe issue.

Wipe and MMORPG is a contradiction. Avatars / chars needs continuation and progress.

Also from what litle they said Global AH and insta rez next to your body is ultimate WoW-ification.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by TobiasGrey

It's like Eve. You can max out as many skills as you want, but you can only use a certain amount of them at once.

Initially they were going to limit this by which armor you were wearing like, heavy armor blocks all magic.

Now it seems they're doing a role system, you can go into the GUI and select mage, melee, or ranger type thing, but there's a limit on how often you can swap between roles.

actually thats a blatant contradiction to what you find in Eve,  where skills are capped,  it sounds more like they have learned nothing at all [od edit]so the chances of darkfall 2 being anything like a success.. is unlikely.  sounds more like they are trying to offset a flawed game mechanic by imposing restrictions on how you use them.. fail. image

• NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71
    Darkfall 2....045, coming to your holograms any day!

Nefastus - Enclave

doesnt it says and reveals more then anything else that they even missed this deadline ?

i mean how incompent must someone be to misjudge their ability to post a info in just 3 days. Friday they said they would be news on monday. i am talking about last friday it isa just 3 days away ..and they still can't complete..

However ..i like to bump this subject in OP ...

Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by TobiasGrey

actually thats a blatant contradiction to what you find in Eve,  where skills are capped,  it sounds more like they have learned nothing at all from darkfail, so the chances of darkfall 2 being anything like a success.. is unlikely.  sounds more like they are trying to offset a flawed game mechanic by imposing restrictions on how you use them.. fail. image

Thank you- I think you summed this up quite well.

Has anything been said yet?. I still don't see any announcements.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Was wondering the same thing. They said monday, it's been monday for quite a while now.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Haw...made you look... after all , this is AV...... masters of the delayed annoucement.

Heck, when DF1.0 finally launched, many people didn't believe them for the first month...true story.    image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    The developers of this game are the undisputed industry-leaders when it comes to trolling their own customers. There is an epic tale of them jerking their paying subscribers around that goes back an entire DECADE. You should be embarassed and ashamed if you believe anything they say. 
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    The developers of this game are the undisputed industry-leaders when it comes to trolling their own customers. There is an epic tale of them jerking their paying subscribers around that goes back an entire DECADE. You should be embarassed and ashamed if you believe anything they say. 

I know they always promise and always delay information but I really thought since we haven't heard anything in a long time that they would finally stop messing around and give us something to look forward too. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    DF is still online ? Do they get money from Greek EU financial help fund to keep it afloat or what ? AV and SV are easily the biggest gaming disappointments.
    Well apparently it's already Tuesday in Greece and it was suppose to be said on Monday, I guess its another disappointment yet again.
    Originally posted by ironhelix

LOL-

You Sir owe me a keyboard. Your comment caused me to spit coffee on this one =D