Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A wild shot in the dark

knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

Ok call me a nitt picker or just grasping at straws but COH did advertise the game as a "Play Free Forever" (this was part of the Freedom promotion), now I am not a lawyer but does that not suggest to the customer that it would be up for a long time? Does this not constitute a breach of agreement with that customer?

I could be wrong with in a legaly controlled world where Apple can sue anyone over even being close to looking or sounding like it ... makes you think ... Maybe there is a hope here?

Comments

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Nope. No hope.
  • NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

FOREVER*

* as long as the game is around

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    13th amendment. Can not force someone to work for you.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Originally posted by Nizur

FOREVER*

* till we decide different!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

The only hope is that Paragon STudios are helping to save the game.  If they think the game can be saved, then there is plenty hope, as they are in a position to know the full dealings with it all.

If City of  Heroes does shut down, then it leaves me with no hope that any MMO will survive long term, and MMOs need to survive long term as that is their nature, and can not get any where with them, otherwise you may as well play FREE single player games (with mulltiplayer online support) for your online fun.

Ideally when a MMO is looking to be sunset, they put the game into maintenance mode, and first finish any future updates, but then only do stuff that is already done, like the seasonal events,  then let notheing happen for about 6 months, and then go announce its closure. WIthin the 6 months of absence updates it will then start to make you think the end is near. If they do this I could accept closures better, although if it is a favourite game, then would be upset, but would still play other MMOs confidently

Not like the way they have been doing, making you think it is going on and on, and with more updates coming, plus the game far from dead. This makes me lose faith in ALL MMOs and puts me off them, as just leaves a bad taste after it all

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    There are no legally defined infinities.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.