Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over the Hill club.

2»

Comments

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    Originally posted by Teala
    I think this thread needs some Gangnam Style   image

Try this remix Teala, just for you! , <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smuQlc8AN9c

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Brenelael

At the very least it's good to know Illius and I can still totally derail a thread like pros... Almost a full page of posts now of nothing but totally off topic ramblings... LOL image

Bren

I chalk it up to experience.  It takes lots of practice to get to be an expert derailer.  Wonder what we could do if we put our abilities to good use.....

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Illius

At the very least it's good to know Illius and I can still totally derail a thread like pros... Almost a full page of posts now of nothing but totally off topic ramblings... LOL image

Bren

I chalk it up to experience.  It takes lots of practice to get to be an expert derailer.  Wonder what we could do if we put our abilities to good use.....

For an 'expert' derailer this is one huge disaster in the making.

This ....

... is how you derail a thread.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by grunty

Bren

This ....

Now Grunty... We've been down this road before... Sure it starts off with some innocent posting of girls in Yoga Pants, then Dekron shows up, posts a pic of some 400lb chick in spandex and from that point on... pure ANARCHY!!! image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Now Grunty... We've been down this road before... Sure it starts off with some innocent posting of girls in Yoga Pants, then Dekron shows up, posts a pic of some 400lb chick in spandex and from that point on... pure ANARCHY!!! image

Bren

You mean like uhh...

Caturday?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Bren

This ....

Bren

All you had to do was ask Bren here you go:

Best I can do.

All you had to do was ask Bren here you go:

Best I can do.

You're lazy

What was the subject? Oh ya something about being over 40 and stilll playing MMo's is this all we have here? No other over the hill players?

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Do any of you still play MMO's?

Yes, but I'm finally employed and now play less than 20 hours a week.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Not currently Teala. I'm hoping that ArcheAge will be that hybrid gem that I've been searching for but like all games in development I refuse to get my hopes up too high. I've been severely disappointed too many times by games not coming even close to their hype over the last 8 years or so. The last games I truly enjoyed and played for any length of time were Lineage II and EVE Online. I still dabble in EVE once in a while but Lineage II has been WoWified now so it no longer holds any interest for me. Not that I really have anything against WoW and I did play it for over a year but does every other game really have to be just like it? See... now you got me ranting... LOL image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    The latest changes to WoW have pretty much killed the game for me.   So it'll be a long time before I'll be playing an MMO again(waiting on ArcheAge as well).   Oh well, gives me time to catch up on other things.   :)  

Right now im playing F2P WoW and enjoy playing a twink rogue dominating in WSG and AB I am thinking about for 5 dollars upgrading the F2P account and lvl up to 24 SO I can twink out at that lvl and allow my rogue to raise more havoic on poor unsuspecting hordies. So far I have been enjoying WoW for free TY blizz.

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

Having a blast in GW2!

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Not really.  I'm taking a page from Bren's book and just playing single player games when I have a couple hours to spare.  That's usually my last resort time filler nowadays.  I've been trying to catch up in life and do as many of the things I've been wanting to do in the past but couldn't due to a lack of fundage.

All the latest mmo style games I usually just give a passing glance to.  If any of my friends pick them up I go over there and try it for a couple hours for free with no cost to me except maybe a 12 pack of Sapporo (beer) and that's way cheaper and more enjoyable than most mmos nowadays.  Doing this I think I saved myself a bunch of money.  Gave GW2 a try and made a few toons but it just wasn't sticking.  So now I'm glad I saved myself $60.  Even my friends who I would be playing with are falling off from the gaming scene and it becomes a little annoying to shell out money for a game and then over the course of 2 months see your friends slowly dwindle untill they're all but gone.

Even posting here has been reduced for me.  I end up just lurking and am starting to see the same old arguments beaten to death day in and day out.  I figure I said my piece by now and see no reason to repeat myself.  Funny how I come to post on mmo boards but don't really play them anymore....

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Not really.  I'm taking a page from Bren's book and just playing single player games when I have a couple hours to spare.  That's usually my last resort time filler nowadays.  I've been trying to catch up in life and do as many of the things I've been wanting to do in the past but couldn't due to a lack of fundage.

All the latest mmo style games I usually just give a passing glance to.  If any of my friends pick them up I go over there and try it for a couple hours for free with no cost to me except maybe a 12 pack of Sapporo (beer) and that's way cheaper and more enjoyable than most mmos nowadays.  Doing this I think I saved myself a bunch of money.  Gave GW2 a try and made a few toons but it just wasn't sticking.  So now I'm glad I saved myself $60.  Even my friends who I would be playing with are falling off from the gaming scene and it becomes a little annoying to shell out money for a game and then over the course of 2 months see your friends slowly dwindle untill they're all but gone.

Even posting here has been reduced for me.  I end up just lurking and am starting to see the same old arguments beaten to death day in and day out.  I figure I said my piece by now and see no reason to repeat myself.  Funny how I come to post on mmo boards but don't really play them anymore....

I kind of feel the same way. But for me WoW after spending 6 or so years on it has become like a puppy dog that annoys you at times but you go back and pet it. LOL go figure. So I may play for free beta handouts on up comming MMO's just to see if the new flavor of the month can take away my attention from now what is the old dog on the block WoW has become.

To tell you the truth I am looking forward to "pokeWoW" just because I have been a fan of Pokeman for years and have always wanted a pokemon MMO. Once again it is a cute little puppy dog. That way I am playing my game of choice which will be WoW and I can just spend a few hours not worring bout end game so much or grinding so much. I can play it at a casual pace and be happy. But dont get me wrong I will always be ready to be on top of the dps chart or tank or heal if my guild needs me. After all I am 43 Im not dead. lmao.

I feel the same way with todays music. Love the clasic rock but I catch some new groups on the late night shows and I say wow like them time to visit Amazon to put anouther new MP3 to my thumb drive.

As far as posting here I get frustrated in how the resident trolls have seem to be less educated more so now then a few years ago. You got that right I mean who gives a flying crap which MMO is doing better RTM like I mention before it all has become flavor of the month MMO's for me now. Man I miss the days were it was just a handful of very good MMO's instead of a ton of crappy ones.

TY Teela for helping to get this thread back on track. image