Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Latest Patch Notes Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Guild Wars 2 forum has been updated with patch notes from the latest game update. Included in the update are fixes to several quests, WvW changes and class-specific updates.

General

• The Mistfire Wolf skill will now properly unlock for existing characters on an account after upgrading to Digital Deluxe.

• Fixed blocked events and skill challenges.

• Fixed bugs that allowed players to go around map edges.

• A number of items created by using Mystic Coins are now correctly set to level 80.

Story

• Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Brute Force.”

• Fixed a blocking bug in story chapter “Research and Destroy.”

• Fixed bugs in story chapters “Forging the Pact,” “Battle of Fort Trinity," "The Ghost Rite,” “On Red Alert,” and “Tower Down.”

Read the full patch notes on the Guild Wars 2 forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    They buckled under the pressure and nerfed the thief. Still, good thiefs don't spam HS. I still think they need to look at the Guardian, its the only class that can be very defensive and still output decent damage.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Thanks, I'd not know this stuff considering their complete desire to keep players in the dark unless they go for a scavenger hunt for information.
  • unknown769unknown769 Member Posts: 45
    Veteran Risen spectral guard (skill challenge) still bugged in orr map lvl 70-75  x almost a week ... any update? need it to complete map
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Are we going to make every game's minor game updates "news" now? Or just GW2 since it's a hot topic this month?
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Thanks, I'd not know this stuff considering their complete desire to keep players in the dark unless they go for a scavenger hunt for information.

They post it on the wiki when ever theres an update its on the front page.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134

Huh?

There is always a link right on the login screen for the most recent updates.

It takes you right to their wiki update page.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It's right out in the open for anyone to view, anytime.

Lazy.

• shanertshanert Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Are we going to make every game's minor game updates "news" now? Or just GW2 since it's a hot topic this month?

This ...

Originally posted by Kuppa
    I still think they need to look at the Guardian, its the only class that can be very defensive and still output decent damage.

Completely false.

Almost every class can build defensively and still pump out decent damage, I roll defensively built Guardian's with a shout based defensive Warrior build every day. They cannot out-attrition my build.

Guardian is highly overrated, mostly due to the staying power of a defensive build against someone running an offensive build, which applies to all classes as a whole.

Top tourney teams are running with support thieves, because of the amazing utility they can bring to the table and there ability to bunker down a point almost indefinitely if played well.

Mesmers and Necros can both build defensively and remain amazingly offensive at the same time, Necro more so than Mes if the Necro knows his stuff.

I definitely have to disagree and chalk that statement up to inexperience.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Ghern

the launcher shows a link for "update news" from 5 days ago  (Sunday sept 9)

the launcher news could be improved to have todays news too

Is someone holding a gun to your head, forcing you to view the thread?

If the answer is no then you should probably just be quiet and fade into the shadow silently.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by unknown769
    Veteran Risen spectral guard (skill challenge) still bugged in orr map lvl 70-75  x almost a week ... any update? need it to complete map

I suggest you change your World, move to other just to complete your skill challenge , as on other servers it might/can work. Then, after you've complete it, change your world back! Is still free to change worlds and is instant!

Good luck :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
       I will not be renewing my Sub because of this patch--------he, he he
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Originally posted by nolic1

Huh?

Originally posted by Kost

Um... the wiki isn't advertised about patch notes, they aren't publicized for people to know about patch notes or quickly see it, but rather hidden away. As for the comment about the link...

http://i46.tinypic.com/4rarnb.png

Where exactly? Screen Shot Taken and no link posted.

Originally posted by Kost

Lazy.

Um.... if its right off in the open, what would laziness have to do with anything? It would be right there to see. My point is it is NOT out in the open. The closest thing to updates is the left bit but much of that is just articles which is mostly propaganda stuff (Which is fine, games are alowd to do that). Most recent patch I did today and no news story about that at all.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

cause it's a hot topic

and guild wars 2 is sizzlin hot

Is someone holding a gun to your head, forcing you to view the thread?

If the answer is no then you should probably just be quiet and fade into the shadow silently.

I don't need to be quite. It's a legitimate question. If you don't like the question, then you should probably just be quiet and fade into the shadow silently.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I've seen a lot of games updates show up in the news section... Even FFXIV's. >.>

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I still think they need to look at the Guardian, its the only class that can be very defensive and still output decent damage.

Completely false.

Almost every class can build defensively and still pump out decent damage, I roll defensively built Guardian's with a shout based defensive Warrior build every day. They cannot out-attrition my build.

Guardian is highly overrated, mostly due to the staying power of a defensive build against someone running an offensive build, which applies to all classes as a whole.

Top tourney teams are running with support thieves, because of the amazing utility they can bring to the table and there ability to bunker down a point almost indefinitely if played well.

Mesmers and Necros can both build defensively and remain amazingly offensive at the same time, Necro more so than Mes if the Necro knows his stuff.

I play in tourneys too buddy. The premades are starting to bring two guardians to one point and cause all sorts of havok agaisnt more folks. Yes, they aren't OP to the point of you can't kill them. I believe they are too good at dishin out damage when speced defensively than most other classes.

Originally posted by Xzen

I've seen a lot of games updates show up in the news section... Even FFXIV's. >.>

Every day? Yesterday's "news" was a post one developer made on the GW2 forums. (plus it was pretty insulting to every "responsible" company in existance)

Are we going to have "news" when Ghostcraweler posts on the WoW forums?

If you can't see the bias I don't know what to tell you.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by nolic1

Huh?

Originally posted by Kost

Um... the wiki isn't advertised about patch notes, they aren't publicized for people to know about patch notes or quickly see it, but rather hidden away. As for the comment about the link...

http://i46.tinypic.com/4rarnb.png

Where exactly? Screen Shot Taken and no link posted.

Lazy.

Um.... if its right off in the open, what would laziness have to do with anything? It would be right there to see. My point is it is NOT out in the open. The closest thing to updates is the left bit but much of that is just articles which is mostly propaganda stuff (Which is fine, games are alowd to do that). Most recent patch I did today and no news story about that at all.

Click "state of the game update" thing, even though it doesnt appear to be updated it does everyday theres a patch.

People are calling you lazy  because most have figured  it out.

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Completely false.

I play in tourneys too buddy. The premades are starting to bring two guardians to one point and cause all sorts of havok agaisnt more folks. Yes, they aren't OP to the point of you can't kill them. I believe they are too good at dishin out damage when speced defensively than most other classes.

And a valid criticism, but does this mean Guardians are too good, or the other clases are too suck?

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my poor thief, my poor, poor, thief...

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Every day? Yesterday's "news" was a post one developer made on the GW2 forums. (plus it was pretty insulting to every "responsible" company in existance)

Yeah it was pretty often back when it first released. People were saying the exact same thing you are now. It's nothing new and it'll stop eventually.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

... how was it pretty insulting?

They think responsible MMORPG companies give lots of content for free.

I'm assuming they mean free as in 'without charging an additional fee for said content', as that would be the most logical way to read it (Otherwise, GW2 wouldn't be giving 'free' content, since you have to buy the game in the first place)

Lots of MMO game companies give free content updates (As opposed to an expansion).

They're all responsible.

What's wrong with that?

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

After MoP is released, I bet they will.. :)

it's the same pattern anytime a new MMO is released, for about a week before release, and few weeks after, the site reports about every little thing about the game as news or articles, people complain in forums about how the everything on the site is about game X, repeat for any major new release.

What can men do against such reckless hate?