Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's different then what you are used to

deamiandeamian Member UncommonPosts: 66

Some people need their hand held and guided through the game by npc's with giant yellow ! above their head.

Some need to log in, sit in a town for an hour putting together a discriminate team to go attack a creature that is sitting in a room waiting patiently, guarded by meaningless loot pinata trash mobs.

Some need to craft 65 of the same rifle barrel, stick of dynomite, copper bolts, wool robe to get crafting levels

Some need to run a dungeon 40+ times and still be outrolled by some idiot that can't even use the item

Some embrace change, recognize a work of art, and are given hope for the future of mmo gaming

Comments

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

... and some can't be bothered to seek out quests and challenges, but wish to have them handed to them when they walk into an area.

See? Do you see? Huh?

Of course not...

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Too bad crafting is largely the same, 'Build 30 of this item until it's green, then switch to 30 of that item!'

Too bad lack of ! isn't really all that different. Now it's just harder to find some events.

Too bad people still sit around spamming LFG in chat for dungeons.

The game is fun, but it sure isn't the, 'change', you're making it out to be.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

The OP doesn't even know how stuff works in those other games, especially as far as loot and PVE goes.

In fact, GW2 players should never mention PVE out of pure embarassement alone, considering how abysmal it is in that game. Boast about PVP, that's where it shines.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

There weren't exclamation points over npcs' heads  10 years ago.

Are you trying to say GW2 copies 10 year old mmos?

I think you are. I think you're calling ncsoft plaegiarists and they won't like that much.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Originally posted by deamian
    Sometimes i really miss you silly little wow bastards lol. This post isn't for everyone, this game isn't for everyone, if your feelings are hurt, get a different hobby?

Maybe try to practice what you preach and lead by example instead of by whinging?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Maybe.......just maybe, the fact that so many people are failing to "recognize a work of art" isn't actually their fault. So, who's fault is it? 

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Some people need their hand held and guided through the game by npc's with giant yellow ! above their head.

Some need to log in, sit in a town for an hour putting together a discriminate team to go attack a creature that is sitting in a room waiting patiently, guarded by meaningless loot pinata trash mobs.

Some need to craft 65 of the same rifle barrel, stick of dynomite, copper bolts, wool robe to get crafting levels

Some need to run a dungeon 40+ times and still be outrolled by some idiot that can't even use the item

Some embrace change, recognize a work of art, and are given hope for the future of mmo gaming

It is no different  in my opinion, plays like every other crap MMO released in the last few years.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Betaguy

It is no different  in my opinion, plays like every other crap MMO released in the last few years.

+1

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by nsignific

The OP doesn't even know how stuff works in those other games, especially as far as loot and PVE goes.

In fact, GW2 players should never mention PVE out of pure embarassement alone, considering how abysmal it is in that game. Boast about PVP, that's where it shines.

I feel the complete opposite right now. I think the PvE is one of the best in any mmorpg. The combat is what makes the game unique from most other AAA titles due to the Mob AI. Unlike WoW where the mobs follow your exact move during combat, you can try and out maneuver GW2 mobs making it more fun and challenging!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

The game is really awesome for some and bad for others.

End of story.

Now the people thinking that in a few months guild wars 2 will be a ghost town are in for surprise.

Just like the players that thought WoW would die countless times.

It is the gameplay.

That is what keep a large majority of players playing games.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

You know I'd imagine prison sex isn't what people are used to either, and I'm betting they wouldn't find the experience one iota more enjoyable once you pointed this out to them.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

There are a lot of posts like yours. Do you have a recommended title that you would care to share with others that isn't a piece of crap, or do you just jump from forum to forum raining sunshine on everyones day? ;)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

As a really huge fan and supporter of GW2 I am getting really tired of these "other people just don't get it" threads.

It's been a very popular tactic of the sandbox-or-bust crowd for some time, and it stinks just as much and is just as irrelevant for GW2.

GW2 is a shining example of a great game - if you like the "type" of game it is. If you don't like that kind of game, you aren't "doing it wrong" and you aren't someone who just "doesn't get it" - you simply have different tastes.

I don't want GW2 to be "one game to rule them all" because that kind of monopoly forces the kind of stagnation that strangle-hold-choked innovation and originality in MMO games from 2004 to 2012.

• DangerNobuoDangerNobuo Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Someone should lock this thread before it gets out of control...
  • tubelighttubelight Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I would like to know this too. Which game do you actually like? WoW? EVE? Maplestory? Runescape?
  • TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325
    Originally posted by BadSpock

As a really huge fan and supporter of GW2 I am getting really tired of these "other people just don't get it" threads.

It's been a very popular tactic of the sandbox-or-bust crowd for some time, and it stinks just as much and is just as irrelevant for GW2.

GW2 is a shining example of a great game - if you like the "type" of game it is. If you don't like that kind of game, you aren't "doing it wrong" and you aren't someone who just "doesn't get it" - you simply have different tastes.

I don't want GW2 to be "one game to rule them all" because that kind of monopoly forces the kind of stagnation that strangle-hold-choked innovation and originality in MMO games from 2004 to 2012.

Well said, . . .  you pointy eared, green-blooded, hobgoblin.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Sometimes i really miss you silly little wow bastards lol. This post isn't for everyone, this game isn't for everyone, if your feelings are hurt, get a different hobby?

You should probaly make a list of who it is for and who it isn't for, then make it part of the title. That way, those who the post isn't for, will know not to open the discussion. 

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Tardcore

You know I'd imagine prison sex isn't what people are used to either, and I'm betting they wouldn't find the experience one iota more enjoyable once you pointed this out to them.

hahahaha, this made my morning along with your sig. Thanks bud.

I wonder how much longer we'll actually have to withstand these dumbass GW2 threads every 30 mins (positive or negative). 

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by Tardcore

Well said, . . .  you pointy eared, green-blooded, hobgoblin.

Forum avatar racism!

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

You should probaly make a list of who it is for and who it isn't for, then make it part of the title. That way, those who the post isn't for, will know not to open the discussion. 

Easy list

a) People who like GW2: Have bad taste in general

b) People who dislike GW2: Have extrodinary refined taste

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

GW2 basically plays like any other fantasy themepark MMO out there.. no idea what your on about OP...

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    You are kidding yourself if you think there is much change in GW2...
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz

Easy list

a) People who like GW2: Have bad taste in general

b) People who dislike GW2: Have extrodinary refined taste

*grabs mirror and plant it*

a) People who dislike GW2: Have extraordinay refined taste and critical mind.

b) People who like GW2: deluded people that were brainwashed by Anet.

Another day at MMORPG forums.

well just another 3 hours for the weekend and tons of GW2 playtime. Nothing like being a deluded fanboy and having fun! :)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Take a burger and add lettuce to it and call it a Salad Burger Deluxe doesn't change the fact it's still a burger .. But I guess because 90% of it tastes the same then people are eating it wrong :p

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

good post

variety is the spice of life and all that jazz