Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Losing interest fast.

2456

Comments

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Originally posted by nubynuberson
    OP needs to quit wasting his and our time with stupid posts like this. Just stop playing mmos, it's obviously not the genre for you.

    Yes because all MMOs are linear ThemeParks with repetitive content Mr One Poster. 

  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon ParisPosts: 1,066Member
    Originally posted by nubynuberson
    OP needs to quit wasting his and our time with stupid posts like this. Just stop playing mmos, it's obviously not the genre for you.

    Ah a recently banned forum member.

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

    Out of curiosity (and this is no attack, really just curiosity), how comes that after spending MONTHS before release trashing this game here on these very forums (fact everybody can check out looking your post history), you still bought the game? At the supermarket, are you also like "oh, I hate peanut butter, let's buy a couple of packs of it!"?

    Anyway, thanks for supporting ArenaNET and the game we enjoy with your money :)

    "We"? I was not aware that you are working for ArenaNET, thanks for clearing that up.

    As for him buying it even though he beta tested, how has that got to do anything with this thread?

  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,830Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

    Out of curiosity (and this is no attack, really just curiosity), how comes that after spending MONTHS before release trashing this game here on these very forums (fact everybody can check out looking your post history), you still bought the game? At the supermarket, are you also like "oh, I hate peanut butter, let's buy a couple of packs of it!"?

    Anyway, thanks for supporting ArenaNET and the game we enjoy with your money :)

    "We"? I was not aware that you are working for ArenaNET, thanks for clearing that up.

    As for him buying it even though he beta tested, how has that got to do anything with this thread?

    He didn't said that he worked at Anet. He said "we, the players that enjoy the game thank you for supporting Anet and the game with your money".

    I don't like American football, hence I'll never buy madden.

    SWTOR seemed to me as WoW in space gameplay wise - I didn't buy the game.

    This is what smart consumers do - if you aren't sure try it first for free or wait to hear from someone you trust.

    If someone that loves to heal or is heavy into raids decide to buy GW2 even though Anet said there was no healers and no raids, why will that player buy the game?

     

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • mearimeari SydneyPosts: 101Member

    Well, I'm not sure what the OP really wants. Even before release you already knew GW2 isn't the right game for you, maybe you decided to give it a try and still have the same impression and that's fair enough.

     

    But what do you expect to get from this thread? Do you expect those of us who knew what game we were going to get to suddenly go "oh hey you're so right, I'm shocked I never saw the light, omg GW2 is gonna fail"?

     

    GW2 is exactly what I expected and what I wanted and I'm having a lot of fun. It's clearly not for some people, can I suggest you go visit the ArcheAge forum from now on? That seems to be the game that has the kind of progression, endgame, freedom and depth you want.

     

     

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Actually the good thing about the DAoC reAlmpont system at release was that it ws anytbing but OP.

    And if i a.m correct the current pvp armors are mostly fluff, arent they? Anyway, keep in mind that for DAoC the real.pointz sytem worked great and sattisfied both hardcores and casuals. It was one of the inportant lessons learned for RvR and the sollution was almost perfecf

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • JuaksJuaks Cocoa, FLPosts: 274Member

    Too bad. I am having a blast myself. Playing 4 characters. My highest is 53. I feel I am only grasping the surface. I am crafting my gear and looks great.

     

    Definitely GW2 is not for everyone.

  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,830Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Actually the good thing about the DAoC reAlmpont system at release was that it ws anytbing but OP.

    And if i a.m correct the current pvp armors are mostly fluff, arent they? Anyway, keep in mind that for DAoC the real.pointz sytem worked great and sattisfied both hardcores and casuals. It was one of the inportant lessons learned for RvR and the sollution was almost perfecf

    PvP armors don't even have stats (aside from defense based on heavy, medium or light), they are just a skin where you can insert a rune. Same for the weapons, a skin with damage based on type of weapon and a slot for a sigil,

    All the stats come from the PvP Amulet of your choice  and the PvP Jewel you can socket on the Amulet..

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

    Out of curiosity (and this is no attack, really just curiosity), how comes that after spending MONTHS before release trashing this game here on these very forums (fact everybody can check out looking your post history), you still bought the game? At the supermarket, are you also like "oh, I hate peanut butter, let's buy a couple of packs of it!"?

    Anyway, thanks for supporting ArenaNET and the game we enjoy with your money :)

    "We"? I was not aware that you are working for ArenaNET, thanks for clearing that up.

    As for him buying it even though he beta tested, how has that got to do anything with this thread?

    He didn't said that he worked at Anet. He said "we, the players that enjoy the game thank you for supporting Anet and the game with your money".

    I don't like American football, hence I'll never buy madden.

    SWTOR seemed to me as WoW in space gameplay wise - I didn't buy the game.

    This is what smart consumers do - if you aren't sure try it first for free or wait to hear from someone you trust.

    If someone that loves to heal or is heavy into raids decide to buy GW2 even though Anet said there was no healers and no raids, why will that player buy the game?

     

    Because the thought that they would have replaced healers and no raids with something else which was more fun?

    I sure I did. I knew that there would not be dedicated healers but expected something else in its place. Same with raids.

  • bone12bone12 herningPosts: 31Member
    Originally posted by bcbully

    Not even 4 weeks in and I haven't logged in for two nights in a row. I'm only level 54.

     

    WvW was carring me through, but almost overnight it turned into pointless zerg to the gate AoE the ramparts, beat the gate for a couple minutes kill the lord. WvW needs ranks or something. Sever pride is cool but win lose or draw it means next to nothing. As far as Spvp is not arena or nearly as competitive. 

     

    I think my biggest issue is that it feels like I've reached my toons skill cap. There is nothing else to learn about my necro and I still have 36 levels to go >.< with nothing to look forawrd two but more passives. On top of that I've already used all those passives in Spvp...

     

    PvE is more like a movie than a rpg. I don't think I've ever seen a DE fail. It's all win all the time. It's not that the DEs are bad, it's that they are not that great. I've gotten zero lore in my 54 levels and a bunch of random storys that all seem to do with killing centaurs or skrits (the little kobald things.) For all I know, the world (what's the name of it again?) is being invaded by centaurs.

     

    I'm getting a feeling of sever lack of progression. My toon has not become noticably strong in PvE, WvW, or Spvp. Even the cosmetic progression is lacking. I've looked the same way the whole time, just different dye colors. Well I did get a short skirt drop once or twice vs all the other long skirt drops (my toon is a male.)

     

    It's a pretty game with incredible spell effects, but right now today, I feel that's about it. It just seems paper thin. I think they really missed the mark in character progression which for me gives a game lasting appeal. 

     

     

    lol.. that happends for anyone.. i didnt play for 4 days in a row.. i actually didnt play pc at all.. and i Love  Gw2.

  • SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon
    GW2 was interesting for about a week for me but as there's no sub and I can log in any time I want those 38 euros were well spent imo. I've never lost interest in any MMO so fast before but then again many people are having a blast so the game must be ok :)
  • AdiarisAdiaris RomePosts: 381Member

    Thanks for sharing OP!

    BTW if you've gotten "no lore" that's your fault for running from heart to heart without speaking to NPCs, reading clickies etc. 

    I love that people complain about a "linear themepark" but then expect for everything to be in a quest box or "it's not there".

     

  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter BristolPosts: 2,830Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

    Out of curiosity (and this is no attack, really just curiosity), how comes that after spending MONTHS before release trashing this game here on these very forums (fact everybody can check out looking your post history), you still bought the game? At the supermarket, are you also like "oh, I hate peanut butter, let's buy a couple of packs of it!"?

    Anyway, thanks for supporting ArenaNET and the game we enjoy with your money :)

    "We"? I was not aware that you are working for ArenaNET, thanks for clearing that up.

    As for him buying it even though he beta tested, how has that got to do anything with this thread?

    He didn't said that he worked at Anet. He said "we, the players that enjoy the game thank you for supporting Anet and the game with your money".

    I don't like American football, hence I'll never buy madden.

    SWTOR seemed to me as WoW in space gameplay wise - I didn't buy the game.

    This is what smart consumers do - if you aren't sure try it first for free or wait to hear from someone you trust.

    If someone that loves to heal or is heavy into raids decide to buy GW2 even though Anet said there was no healers and no raids, why will that player buy the game?

     

    Because the thought that they would have replaced healers and no raids with something else which was more fun?

    I sure I did. I knew that there would not be dedicated healers but expected something else in its place. Same with raids.

    Healers - downed mechanic, self heal, damage mitigation, dodge. It wasn't a secret.

    Raids - focus on small group dungeons, massive DE's in Orr and WvW for guild outings. Again not a secret.

    I knew what I was getting into and if anything I'm having more fun than I thought I would, My GF certainly is much more satisfied than she though she would.

    Some won't be.

    For the group that thinks similarly to me and want this freedom from forced grouping while being able to play with others, that want the combat to be more than tank-healer-dps, that want questing to be more than having a quest log and read walls of text because the world doesn't depict the quest, this is the best MMORPG out in the market.

    For those that don't, well it isn't.

    The question is "how many think like me".

    Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

  • XasapisXasapis VolosPosts: 5,561Member Uncommon

    The hype was so strong that it was expected to sell well. I recall another game that was hyped as well, AoC, and had very good initial sales.

     

    The difference is that Funcom due to the monetary model was hurt due to the lack of retention, while NCsoft only has to sell you the game to be in the clear (and maybe hope you'll spend some extra money to upgrade the limited inventory and bank space).

  • SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Adiaris

    Thanks for sharing OP!

    BTW if you've gotten "no lore" that's your fault for running from heart to heart without speaking to NPCs, reading clickies etc. 

    I love that people complain about a "linear themepark" but then expect for everything to be in a quest box or "it's not there".

     

    Actually I'm avoiding speaking to any of NPCs and I also skip all dialogue because I honestly haven't seen so absolutely bad story/dialogue in any MMO. It's so infantile like written by 12 year olds to 12 year olds. And those voice overs... Are they even human voices or machines?

    Game mechanics are ok imo and GW2 cities are by far the best I've ever seen. But yeah - cannot stand any of lore, story or dialogue.

  • EbonheartEbonheart Austin, TXPosts: 138Member
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Sylvarii

    OP, your only allowed to come here and tell everyone how you love the game,saying you have issues without actually trollling is not allowed.The people who claim they love the game will appear out of no where to discredit your post,makes you wonder if they are actually playing the game lol.

     

     ^ This guy gets it.

     

    Oh and don't forget the fanboys will use the, "you must need to go back to gear games because you suck at video games and life" tactic.

     

    GW2 is dry and lacking in the fun department, in my opinion, because every zone ends up feeling the same. Everyone is a jack of all trades- no real specialites - or at least none that I could see during the week or two of playing. And WvW is the same zergfest over and over and over again. Good thing it is B2P, otherwise thier collapse would be at SWTOR levels if not higher (P.S. I had more fun with SWTOR than I have with GW2)

     

    After playing for the last few weeks (since h-start), I'm completely bored with the game as well.

    This game is a month long theme park that plays like a movie, if you take your time. After hitting max level, I feel like i'm watching the credits waiting for one of those after-movie story snippets that just isn't there.

    WvW is simply a zerg fest, which is no big surprise given typical mass-group tactics in MMOs and the encouragement of individualistic play-style with the jack-of-all-trades class characteristics. The depth of strategy is, "Everyone zerg this location. Now everyone go zerg this location" If you can't take the location, "Rally more gits for more dakka" until you can zerg again.

    I do keep hearing players touting the individualistic (JoAT) class system in-game for being unique and being "evolutionary", but after playing for the last few week I find it quite detrimental to the overall gameplay and far from an improvement. The RIFT soul-system, which precedes this game, actually does a better job of getting rid of the "We absolutely can't do this dungeon without a healer" talk while maintaining the group reliance feel via an extensive amount of spec choices and spec swapping.

    In all fairness, the game world looks nice visually and it's fun while leveling up the first time, but when you hit max level you either re-roll, grind grind grind, or zerg around a poor DAoC Battleground re-hash with your guild (or solo). Evading is a nice addition, and the improvement on WAR's PQs is great, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

    Dayum shame, although I bought this game with low expectations I had high hopes.

     

     

  • EbonheartEbonheart Austin, TXPosts: 138Member
    Originally posted by ShimpoGenmu

    1 we dont care

    2 go back to pokeworld of pandacraft

    3 useless wall of text

    4 the door is that way ------->

    The door that you speak of is open, not closed for a reason.

    This is MMORPG.com not some Bioware forum.

    Gods forbid someone critizes the game.

  • KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    Originally posted by Ebonheart
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Sylvarii

    OP, your only allowed to come here and tell everyone how you love the game,saying you have issues without actually trollling is not allowed.The people who claim they love the game will appear out of no where to discredit your post,makes you wonder if they are actually playing the game lol.

     

     ^ This guy gets it.

     

    Oh and don't forget the fanboys will use the, "you must need to go back to gear games because you suck at video games and life" tactic.

     

    GW2 is dry and lacking in the fun department, in my opinion, because every zone ends up feeling the same. Everyone is a jack of all trades- no real specialites - or at least none that I could see during the week or two of playing. And WvW is the same zergfest over and over and over again. Good thing it is B2P, otherwise thier collapse would be at SWTOR levels if not higher (P.S. I had more fun with SWTOR than I have with GW2)

     

    After playing for the last few weeks (since h-start), I'm completely bored with the game as well.

    This game is a month long theme park that plays like a movie, if you take your time. After hitting max level, I feel like i'm watching the credits waiting for one of those after-movie story snippets that just isn't there.

    WvW is simply a zerg fest, which is no big surprise given typical mass-group tactics in MMOs and the encouragement of individualistic play-style with the jack-of-all-trades class characteristics. The depth of strategy is, "Everyone zerg this location. Now everyone go zerg this location" If you can't take the location, "Rally more gits for more dakka" until you can zerg again.

    I do keep hearing players touting the individualistic (JoAT) class system in-game for being unique and being "evolutionary", but after playing for the last few week I find it quite detrimental to the overall gameplay and far from an improvement. The RIFT soul-system, which precedes this game, actually does a better job of getting rid of the "We absolutely can't do this dungeon without a healer" talk while maintaining the group reliance feel via an extensive amount of spec choices and spec swapping.

    In all fairness, the game world looks nice visually and it's fun while leveling up the first time, but when you hit max level you either re-roll, grind grind grind, or zerg around a poor DAoC Battleground re-hash with your guild (or solo). Evading is a nice addition, and the improvement on WAR's PQs is great, but that's about it as far as I can tell.

    Dayum shame, although I bought this game with low expectations I had high hopes.

     

     

    agree 100%

  • MosesZDMosesZD Kirkwood, MOPosts: 1,383Member
    Originally posted by RizelStar

    Am I the only one who knew this OP was going to post this, because I honestly was expecting it would be coming before the game even released.

    Oh and enjoy your lives fellas, peace.

     

    No.  The second I saw who started the topic I had a read then a good laugh at the concern-troll.   There are a few others with whom it's the same.

  • MosesZDMosesZD Kirkwood, MOPosts: 1,383Member
    Originally posted by SuperDonk
    Originally posted by Sylvarii

    OP, your only allowed to come here and tell everyone how you love the game,saying you have issues without actually trollling is not allowed.The people who claim they love the game will appear out of no where to discredit your post,makes you wonder if they are actually playing the game lol.

     

     ^ This guy gets it.

     

    Oh and don't forget the fanboys will use the, "you must need to go back to gear games because you suck at video games and life" tactic.

     

    GW2 is dry and lacking in the fun department, in my opinion, because every zone ends up feeling the same. Everyone is a jack of all trades- no real specialites - or at least none that I could see during the week or two of playing. And WvW is the same zergfest over and over and over again. Good thing it is B2P, otherwise thier collapse would be at SWTOR levels if not higher (P.S. I had more fun with SWTOR than I have with GW2)

     

    lol.   No.   You were concern-trolled.   The guy has spent his entire GW2 posting history trashing the game and makes numerous mistakes in the details to an extent that one can not take him seriously or credulously if one has invested any time in playing the game.

     

    FANS criticize the game for it's real flaws.   Not a bunch of imaginary flaws that aren't in the game or flaws of the player who clearly does not get it.

     

    And when some troll comes in and spouts off a bunch of nonsense, yeah he gets thumped.  It's the way of it.

  • unknown769unknown769 buford, GAPosts: 45Member
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    You haven't logged in for a 2 whole days? C'mon, how is that worth of creating a thread full of woe?

    lol soo true

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Originally posted by Adiaris

    BTW if you've gotten "no lore" that's your fault for running from heart to heart without speaking to NPCs, reading clickies etc.

     

    Actually I'm avoiding speaking to any of NPCs and I also skip all dialogue because I honestly haven't seen so absolutely bad story/dialogue in any MMO. It's so infantile like written by 12 year olds to 12 year olds. And those voice overs... Are they even human voices or machines?

    Game mechanics are ok imo and GW2 cities are by far the best I've ever seen. But yeah - cannot stand any of lore, story or dialogue.

    i think GW1 had better lore than GW2

    but i found GW2 lore more appealing to me than RIFT's lore

     

    personal story aside,

    the GW2 world npc PVE dialogue is the best ive seen in any mmo

  • FozzikFozzik Arnold, MDPosts: 538Member

    Ritalin, it does the body good.


    The title of this thread is an extremely apt, albeit accidental, mantra for the current generation.

  • SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Originally posted by Adiaris

    BTW if you've gotten "no lore" that's your fault for running from heart to heart without speaking to NPCs, reading clickies etc.

     

    Actually I'm avoiding speaking to any of NPCs and I also skip all dialogue because I honestly haven't seen so absolutely bad story/dialogue in any MMO. It's so infantile like written by 12 year olds to 12 year olds. And those voice overs... Are they even human voices or machines?

    Game mechanics are ok imo and GW2 cities are by far the best I've ever seen. But yeah - cannot stand any of lore, story or dialogue.

    i think GW1 had better lore than GW2

    but i found GW2 lore more appealing to me than RIFT's lore

     

    personal story aside,

    the GW2 world npc PVE dialogue is the best ive seen in any mmo

    Rift lore was/is extremely bad and the worst NPC line of all times also comes from Rift: "Years to make, seconds to purchase" (said by vendors if you buy something). In the end it's all matter or taste and I'm describing GW2 and Rift lore/story/dialogue problems only from MY perspective. For some or many there are no problems at all.

  • EbonheartEbonheart Austin, TXPosts: 138Member
    Originally posted by MosesZD
    FANS criticize the game for it's real flaws.   Not a bunch of imaginary flaws that aren't in the game or flaws of the player who clearly does not get it.

    So, in order for perceived flaws to be real flaws one must be a fan of the game.

    Thus only fans can really and truly criticize the game.

     

    A fan is

    2. A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art or entertainment form, or famous person.

     

    This is a problem, as someone who is no longer interested in (or no longer admires) the game is no longer a fan. This means that the only people who can criticize the game are those that are still interested in (or admire the game).

     

    Sounds like essential fanboy logic 101.

    If they don't like what we like, they don't understand. The problem doesn't exist.

This discussion has been closed.