Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Losing interest fast.

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Not even 4 weeks in and I haven't logged in for two nights in a row. I'm only level 54.

WvW was carring me through, but almost overnight it turned into pointless zerg to the gate AoE the ramparts, beat the gate for a couple minutes kill the lord. WvW needs ranks or something. Sever pride is cool but win lose or draw it means next to nothing. As far as Spvp is not arena or nearly as competitive. 

I think my biggest issue is that it feels like I've reached my toons skill cap. There is nothing else to learn about my necro and I still have 26 levels to go >.< with nothing to look forawrd two but more passives. On top of that I've already used all those passives in Spvp...

PvE is more like a movie than a rpg. I don't think I've ever seen a DE fail. It's all win all the time. It's not that the DEs are bad, it's that they are not that great. I've gotten zero lore in my 54 levels and a bunch of random storys that all seem to do with killing centaurs or skrits (the little kobald things.) For all I know, the world (what's the name of it again?) is being invaded by centaurs.

I'm getting a feeling of sever lack of progression. My toon has not become noticably strong in PvE, WvW, or Spvp. Even the cosmetic progression is lacking. I've looked the same way the whole time, just different dye colors. Well I did get a short skirt drop once or twice vs all the other long skirt drops (my toon is a male.)

It's a pretty game with incredible spell effects, but right now today, I feel that's about it. It just seems paper thin. I think they really missed the mark in character progression which for me gives a game lasting appeal. 

edit-  80 - 54 = 26 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

bye bye i guess?

or was it a question?

no idea what you want to tell us (the millions who love the game).

oh and yes: you're wrong ;)

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    i'm alwys learning new things and experimenting with different build setups on my engineer (currently lvl 70). in the new areas i find myself dying more because mobs are doing slighlty different things. supposedly once you get to orr DE's are more involved. you should try explorble dungeons because its a whole different ballgame as to what kind of builds and skills to use. also, it might be worth it to try a new character. it might just be necro is not the class for you.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

I don't know for $60 ~3 weeks of entertainment is a good deal. By comparison I lost interest in SWTOR and TSW after about a week.

I'm still going strong in GW2 though. I haven't been playing much lately but I always finding myself loging on when I can. It's a really fun game, at least for me.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by bcbully

Not even 4 weeks in and I haven't logged in for two nights in a row. I'm only level 54.

WvW was carring me through, but almost overnight it turned into pointless zerg to the gate AoE the ramparts, beat the gate for a couple minutes kill the lord. WvW needs ranks or something. Sever pride is cool but win lose or draw it means next to nothing. As far as Spvp is not arena or nearly as competitive. 

I think my biggest issue is that it feels like I've reached my toons skill cap. There is nothing else to learn about my necro and I still have 36 levels to go >.< with nothing to look forawrd two but more passives. On top of that I've already used all those passives in Spvp...

PvE is more like a movie than a rpg. I don't think I've ever seen a DE fail. It's all win all the time. It's not that the DEs are bad, it's that they are not that great. I've gotten zero lore in my 54 levels and a bunch of random storys that all seem to do with killing centaurs or skrits (the little kobald things.) For all I know, the world (what's the name of it again?) is being invaded by centaurs.

I'm getting a feeling of sever lack of progression. My toon has not become noticably strong in PvE, WvW, or Spvp. Even the cosmetic progression is lacking. I've looked the same way the whole time, just different dye colors. Well I did get a short skirt drop once or twice vs all the other long skirt drops (my toon is a male.)

It's a pretty game with incredible spell effects, but right now today, I feel that's about it. It just seems paper thin. I think they really missed the mark in character progression which for me gives a game lasting appeal. 

You need to get a better guild or some friends that are organized to play more better (yes, that's an English butcher).

For example, my guild organized a sneak-Orb-grab, to which we then sack ran it to our keep (a nightmare that the enemy army showed up between us and the keep doors like RIGHT THERE!).  So, once we had the Orb, we built in a HUGE defensive position as both servers came up and busted through two different doors.  It was crazy insane nuts.    We lost the orb in the first 20 minutes of the battle,...but kept the keep and pushed the enemy out after 55 minutes of not stop pushing.

That's just one example of many, many weekly battles we have to try to hold, as well as push, positions on the maps.  These are for the daily cap points, mind you. But when the weekly comes out (and the extended timers), those points will mean more than they ever did before.

As for the PvE, there's tons of things to do with your guild organized.  For example, a romping round of Jumping puzzle races to see who's the first to the end.  There's Keg Brawl too, though no group join (yet).  And, of course, there's the major events in Orr, the Claw of Jormag, The Shatter, dungeons, and so much content.  Even gathering can be a group affair.  

Overall, I think that you're becoming bored due to not having a fully active, fun group of friends and guildies to play with.    Join up with someone and have fun.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I think my biggest issue is that it feels like I've reached my toons skill cap. There is nothing else to learn about my necro and I still have 36 levels to go >.< with nothing to look forawrd two but more passives. On top of that I've already used all those passives in Spvp...

This could happen to anyone, I'm still having a blast athough I don't play as much as I wan't to due to I'm at home with my one year old son for 3 more months which I enjoy.

Good thing that GW2 don't have a monthly sub, just put it aside for a few weeks and play something else.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    You haven't logged in for a 2 whole days? C'mon, how is that worth of creating a thread full of woe?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

If you are 54, then you have 26 levels to go ( if you are reffering to normal levels ) ! :) No biggy, I am sure it was a typo!

Hence, I am having a very good play session every time I login. I did saw DE's failed, and I even encountered wipes! The world name is Tyria and your "world" ( human I believe ) it's invaded by centaurs, other are invaded by .. different creatures :)

Also my norm story started to show up alot better starting from around level 30+ I believe, so paying a little bit more attention on the dialogs and not skipping them will help? Just saying..

All in all , you can always come back , no worries, game will be here and ... no monthly fee :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• LuciferIAmLuciferIAm Member UncommonPosts: 93
    I find it hilarious this guy gave Anet his money after spending nearly the entire time the betas/stress were running complaining (with misinformation mostly from what i saw) about this game... hilarious seriously... I can't get enough... the godmode achievement in Legendaries feels nigh impossible to achieve, I have 2 80s already and am througholy enjoying explorable modes... frankly most of the time I am frantically decided what to tackle next... I love spvp and wvwvw but pve constrains my attention at this time.I see myself easily playing this game 5-10 years, and the expansions for this game are going to be insanely cool... the dragons left make the final one look like a baby.
  • KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

I'm beginning to think this game is not designed for those who like to plough through content and grind.

I know, I know, its quite a grindy game towards the end (apparently), but everyone I know who is playing it casually, is logging on everyday and having a blast. Everyone who is grinding up to max as quick as possible is bored and quitting.

Personally, I am on the casual side, exploring the lands, playing the events, meeting people, doing puzzles, and just generally loving it.. but then I only log on for 2 hours a day due to work. So, at this speed, I should get bored in about a year - probably when the first expansion hits :)

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by lathaan

bye bye i guess?

or was it a question?

no idea what you want to tell us (the millions who love the game).

oh and yes: you're wrong ;)

Really? Stop acting like a kid. The guy gave a reasonable post of his opinion.

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

A few suggestions:

- complete areas (POI, Vista, Hearts, Waypoints)

- Explore and try to find the hidden places in all areas (some are giving fantasti chests, others Standard chests but all content usefull rewards)

- Do the dungeons in story and explorable mode (story mode one path, earlier dungeons explorable mode 3 paths, high level ones with 6 paths)

- Like others said join a guild that does extra activities

- Crafting and Gathering Materials can be fun, most of all the discovery part additionaly

- Personal Story? You can do it alone or even invite people to join you by having a full party with you

I'm also a light armor wearer and your armor looks can indeed change depending on what type you are wearing.

There are invader armors you can buy with karma in WvsWvsW that look different to the apprentice ones as also a guild armor that changes the look of your top part additionaly to the emblem that it adds.

There are also dungeon armors you can get that also look different and armors you can craft too.

Hope this helps you a little! :)

Feel free to add me in game too if you wanna team up sometime.

Dumeka Shoren is my in game name.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Out of curiosity (and this is no attack, really just curiosity), how comes that after spending MONTHS before release trashing this game here on these very forums (fact everybody can check out looking your post history), you still bought the game? At the supermarket, are you also like "oh, I hate peanut butter, let's buy a couple of packs of it!"?

Anyway, thanks for supporting ArenaNET and the game we enjoy with your money :)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    He has a valid point... Same thing was concluded after a few weeks in DAoC. They solved it with adding realmranks and realmpoints

In the end the majorrity of playersmight come to share the OPs opinion

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    He has a valid point... Same thing was concluded after a few weeks in DAoC. They solved it with adding realmranks and realmpoints

In the end the majorrity of playersmight come to share the OPs opinion

I seriously doubt that he has the complete set of WvW PvP armor and weapons - he's not even 80. Before adding carrot layers, maybe people should finish the existing layer?

Not to mention that adding realm points with OP skill rewards like in DAoC would completely ruin WvW as it was designed in GW2.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Kniknax

I'm beginning to think this game is not designed for those who like to plough through content and grind.

I know, I know, its quite a grindy game towards the end (apparently), but everyone I know who is playing it casually, is logging on everyday and having a blast. Everyone who is grinding up to max as quick as possible is bored and quitting.

Personally, I am on the casual side, exploring the lands, playing the events, meeting people, doing puzzles, and just generally loving it.. but then I only log on for 2 hours a day due to work. So, at this speed, I should get bored in about a year - probably when the first expansion hits :)

i like farming and grinding but i also love exploring, so pretty much this game is perfect for me.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131

Can I have your stuff?

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by TomBaker_fan

Can I have your stuff?

The shirt I am wearing right now in real life says that on the front if it.  How awesome is that.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Hmm interesting. You almost had me convinced until this part. You see, My engineer has reached level 39. Which each new level comes more points, i've spent mine wisely in damage buffs in my skill trees. I've made it a point since i'm mostly a support class and since im specced this way to make sure I have weapons and armor that enhance condition damage. Once i put on this armor and weapons that do that to condition damage and i slotted for crits to cause vulnerability in this class, I have the ability to kill things in two shots sometimes three depending on which kits/turrets/explosives combo i'm using. It really takes no time at all. At first this class started off weak as most good classes do. 

So, you see, this right here convinced me of one of two things. Either you aren't paying attention and need help, or you didn't play at all because this is pretty common sense for most mmo players, even new ones can read the guide to determine what things do and adding to such things would = better.

• LethalJaxxLethalJaxx Member Posts: 105

Apparently the OP managed to get to lvl 54 without leaving Queensdale, which is an quite an achievement. The statements about stories only having to do with centaurs and skritt lead to think the post is made by a person who either:

-really never left Queensdale by lvl 54, which really does explain why he would be getting bored. However, it would also be a testiment to the game's quality, if someone could get to 54 in one starter zone before getting bored.

-the OP's character level is actually about lvl 10-15, and he never really liked the game to begin with

-the OP doesn't actually play the game, but is just trolling

take your pick

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Havent tried the game myself, but it seems that this game is becoming (or is already) a massive success.

Even people that spent months on this site raging at the game before launch, is apparently buying the game and logging in every day for weeks.

Amazing really.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Sylvarii

OP, your only allowed to come here and tell everyone how you love the game,saying you have issues without actually trollling is not allowed.The people who claim they love the game will appear out of no where to discredit your post,makes you wonder if they are actually playing the game lol.

^ This guy gets it.

Oh and don't forget the fanboys will use the, "you must need to go back to gear games because you suck at video games and life" tactic.

GW2 is dry and lacking in the fun department, in my opinion, because every zone ends up feeling the same. Everyone is a jack of all trades- no real specialites - or at least none that I could see during the week or two of playing. And WvW is the same zergfest over and over and over again. Good thing it is B2P, otherwise thier collapse would be at SWTOR levels if not higher (P.S. I had more fun with SWTOR than I have with GW2)

• nubynubersonnubynuberson Member Posts: 1
    OP needs to quit wasting his and our time with stupid posts like this. Just stop playing mmos, it's obviously not the genre for you.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Yeah I have the same problem as OP. Level 40, have all the active skills I want, sPvP is boring and pointless, WvWvW is just Zergs taking and retaking keeps and PvE seems pretty much the same from level 1 to 40, and I assume from 40 to 80.

Only reason I am still playing is because combat with my Elementalist is really fun and challenging, granted I fight mobs several levels higher than me. But without any sense or purpose or drive to get new skills I dont know how long that will last. GW 2 is turning out to be yet another 1 month ThemePark MMO.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

2 whole days huh? That's almost an eternity. Next thing you know it will be having not logged in after a couple of hours. Then it will be a couple of minutes. 

Take a break OP. The game isn't going anywhere. Playing non-stop is going to burn you out no matter what game you're playing.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by nubynuberson
    OP needs to quit wasting his and our time with stupid posts like this. Just stop playing mmos, it's obviously not the genre for you.

Yes because all MMOs are linear ThemeParks with repetitive content Mr One Poster. 

This discussion has been closed.