Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And i,m now banned

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
this is getting beyond a fuckin joke with these amateurs.not only does it take them 6 days to get my account back they now go and ban the account after giving me it back 2 days ago..i dont know weather to laugh or cry at the complete incompetance of this company..do these idiots actually communicate with each other or what..2 paracetamols and a codeine..ahhh i feel better..wtf Anet..get a fuckin grip

Comments

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

/facepalm

If you use this kind of language in game, I hope it's a permanent ban.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    i dont use any language in game i,m just so frustrated..sorry if i offended
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by kevjards
    .2 paracetamols and a codeine..ahhh i feel better..

Haha! ;)

Well, you should have opted something more allucinogenic so you could pretend to enjoy a game by a reputable company. *cough*

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi
    .2 paracetamols and a codeine..ahhh i feel better..

Haha! ;)

Well, you should have opted something more allucinogenic so you could pretend to enjoy a game by a reputable company. *cough*

can you recommend anything?

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

The problem could come from your side... your account got "hacked" again because you have a security flaw on your computer.

Just saying...

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

The problem could come from your side... your account got "hacked" again because you have a security flaw on your computer.

Just saying...

nope ,nothing at this end..check everything ..but thnx for pointing that out m8.

• Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375

Most games have profanity filters and ignore functions. somehow, also, anet gets to ban you. I really don't understand this. Is it intentionally a tactic to market to children?

When I'm online I'm usually the first to ignore some twit blathering in open channels. Then it doesn't offend me. Why on earth would I report or even consider legitimacy of banning people I can avoid?

• SirenRoseSirenRose Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Why were you banned the second time?

Playing: None
    Have Played: City of Heroes, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Fallen Earth, Diablo 3, DC Universe Online, Marvel Heroes, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars The Old Republic

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    this is getting beyond a fuckin joke with these amateurs.not only does it take them 6 days to get my account back they now go and ban the account after giving me it back 2 days ago..i dont know weather to laugh or cry at the complete incompetance of this company..do these idiots actually communicate with each other or what..2 paracetamols and a codeine..ahhh i feel better..wtf Anet..get a fuckin grip

You must have done something to get a second ban. I would query them to ask why.

A.Net does record all concerstaions in World, Map, not guild party or soemthing.

It is not incompetence - it is their strict rules - they had the same rules in GW1. The EULA is very enlightening on this point.

http://guildwars2.pl/guild_wars_2_eula,a643

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Just saying...

nope ,nothing at this end..check everything ..but thnx for pointing that out m8.

is your account set up so that every time you log in you get the e-mail allowing you to say "yay or nay"? It seems strange to just ban your account "just because". There must be a reason.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by The_Korrigan The problem could come from your side... your account got "hacked" again because you have a security flaw on your computer. Just saying...

If it's a decent hack, or a "man in the middle" kind of thing, you wouldn't see anything on your end that would indicate that there was an issue. Anet would just see someone log in from a geographic location that didn't make any sense (or something similar) and lock the account. You could have a flawed bit of software that tries to ping whatever you're connected to a thousand times a second or something that mangles the packets and it would look like an attempt to 'hack' the account or their servers. You could have just made some hacker kid really angry in PvP or something. They can't tell you about any of this stuff for fear of teaching you a better way to mess with accounts.

Doesn't make it any less of a pain on your end, but there could be legitimate reasons for locking the account, whether you've done anything or not.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Just saying...

what were your toons names perhaps that was the issue? or you made an enemy somehow in the game....odd.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Just saying...

is your account set up so that every time you log in you get the e-mail allowing you to say "yay or nay"? It seems strange to just ban your account "just because". There must be a reason.

yeah kinda struck me as not really the whole picture as well. I know they have quick banhammer bots active right now but that's a little extreme.

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88

Basically Anet doesnt allow the sort of sh ite to go on chat/gameplay that Blizzard does, nowt wrong in that.

There HAS to be a valid reason for 2 bans.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Don't they tell you why you've been banned?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

9/10 times there is a ban it's considered justified by everyone but the person banned.

Just saying...

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

Just FYI...

If you are reported for any reason... by any one... Arena.net will investigate it and if it is deemed a banable offense, you will get banned.

There are no "safe" chat modes in Arena.net.  if you are going to curse up a storm, make distateful jokes, or whatever, you will have to do it over vent or something other than ANY of the GW2 chat modes.  All it takes is one person reporting you.  Police your actions in all forms of chat within GW2.

• UrkoUrko Member Posts: 88
    Originally posted by pmiles

Just FYI...

If you are reported for any reason... by any one... Arena.net will investigate it and if it is deemed a banable offense, you will get banned.

There are no "safe" chat modes in Arena.net.  if you are going to curse up a storm, make distateful jokes, or whatever, you will have to do it over vent or something other than ANY of the GW2 chat modes.  All it takes is one person reporting you.  Police your actions in all forms of chat within GW2.

Is there any need (i saw enough of the it in WoW to last me a lifetime) for racist, distasteful jokes etc etc in any game chat ?

One of the main things i really like is you dont see the spammed sh ite in general chat that is in so many other games.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383
    Originally posted by Urko
    Originally posted by pmiles

Just FYI...

Is there any need (i saw enough of the it in WoW to last me a lifetime) for racist, distasteful jokes etc etc in any game chat ?

No there isn't... just pointing out that unlike some games, there are no safe channels in GW2.  Your guild mates can report you in guild chat, your friend can report you in private whisper... over an email message.  Players naturally (and wrongly) assume that the only channels being monitored are the public ones.

• Ethos86Ethos86 Member Posts: 124
    Originally posted by BadSpock

9/10 times there is a ban it's considered justified by everyone but the person banned.

Just saying...

9/10, internet statistics are made up :)

I know you are a good guy, but i'm just saying.

This discussion has been closed.