Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XI: 10th Anniversary Concert Ticket s Giveaway

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Square Enix will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of Final Fantasy XI with a live concert next Saturday, September 22 at the Zellerbach Auditorium in Berkeley, California. The concert will be led by conductor Arnie Roth and is set to feature over 70 musicians from some of the most renowned orchestras in the area.

Special guests Naoshi Mizuta and Kumi Tanioka will be in attendance and fans will have a chance to meet them for VIP meet & greet sessions. Square Enix is also promising a number of other surprises, as well. Oh, and swag, let's not forget the swag! Attendees will receive a special FFXI in-game item, "Maestro's Baton."

We've partnered with Square Enix to give away two tickets to a lucky pair of eager concert goers, so if you'll be in the area and you're interested in going, you'll want to read below for the full giveaway details!

Entering the giveaway is actually quite simple. All you need to do is post in the comments below telling us what your favorite Final Fantasy XI track is and tell us why. We'll pick our two favorite responses and announce our winners on Monday, September 17.

Comments

• BrimstonelovBrimstonelov Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Summer Breeze!  I listen to this track ad nauseum while I'm at work. I'm locked into an office, with no windows, and no sunlight, and this music just makes my day, every day!

• Raphiel75Raphiel75 Member Posts: 16
    O my god, where to start XD i love all of the ffxi soundtrack but by far my favorite has to be the Manaclipper theme "Currents of Time". Never has a track caught my interest so much that i remember it like it was yesterday. When CoP came out everyone was trying to access Lufaise Meadows, while i went to check out Carpenter's Landing and Bibiki Bay to ride the new boats and see the new islands. My first ride as my 75 war was so relaxing that i brought the multi-tickets instantly and rode it all the time for 3 days straight. Used up alot of gil but worth every gil! :D
  • ironmoneyironmoney Member UncommonPosts: 5
    i dont know. big fan of all the ff series soundtracks since ffVI. i guess my all time fav would be the fanfare track, as i have that as my ringtone since forever :D
  • twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

It's a difficult choice, but 'Rolanberry Fields' would be my favorite track from the OST. Besides the tranquility and serenity of the piece, the nostalgia it evokes is overwhelming. While I thoroughly enjoy the entire OST, few songs have the effect of nearly bringing tears to my eyes while I yearn for the return of days long past like this track does.

Edit: P.S. My profile previously listed me as living in Washington, but I've updated it - I'm currently in Daly City, CA, a stone's throw from Berkeley, would be able to attend the concert (and would very much like to).

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

The Grand Duchy of Jeuno. This game will always be the greatest mmo ever for me, not only because it was the first I ever played, but it literally changed my life lol. I was in a really bad place when some friends got me to play this game, and I met a woman who would later become my wife. We met in Jeuno, I helped her out with her chocobo quest, never met before I was just messing around showing off my new pally skills. I helped her get the items she needed, and we started talking a bit, wound up getting on teamspeak and chatting a bit, and went from there.

I can remember sitting in Jeuno for hours with her char sitting in mines lap, just chatting, off in the corner by Maat, this music playing softly in the background. She got me out of that dark place in my life, literaly saved my life, and if it wasn't for this game I wouldn't have met her. Now, years later, we are still together, have a house, two kids, and a good life that my kids can be proud of. Of course we're still MMO junkies, and I truly wish that FFXI still had the north american fanbase it had on release, or we would still be playing it today.

Square Enix really did make a truly remarkeable game with this, regardless of its flaws, the community was amazing while it lasted, and my best memories will always be of playing FFXI. Thanks~

• BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66
    As a side note, I won't be in California, as I live in Florida, and I wouldn't go without my wife, that would just be cruel. I really just wanted to tell the story, in the hopes that maybe it got back to the guys and Square Enix and they could feel a little more proud of themselves. Great job to the team that made FFXI!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Blessings
    As a side note, I won't be in California, as I live in Florida, and I wouldn't go without my wife, that would just be cruel. I really just wanted to tell the story, in the hopes that maybe it got back to the guys and Square Enix and they could feel a little more proud of themselves. Great job to the team that made FFXI!

While we appreciate the awesome tale, we do need to ask that only users who will be in the area and plan on attending the event submit a contest entry. Thanks!

• Raphiel75Raphiel75 Member Posts: 16
    sadly this means that i wont be going :/ o wells, i have no way to going to cally from florida either but still i love this game and its music, it will always be with me and my bros!