Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New star wars mmo?

Comments

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Vegetto

Are Lucas allowed to sell the rights for a Star Wars MMO to Bioware and Paradox at the ame time? Cant see it.

lucas can do whatever he likes with star wars, it's his baby.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by 7-Thunder-23

www.lucasarts.com

Check it out... New front page. SW:1313

Hey, check it out... wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_1313

Come on guy...

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Seems this game has peaked on X-fire?

Oh wait...

X-fire , X-wing ,it will be a sandbox thats for sure,theres a connection,now this is amazing coincidence.

Let's internet

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    So what is this SW1313 ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=star+wars+1313

• zakinzakin Member UncommonPosts: 46
    All this information was given to me from someone that had. Inside knowledge can't say more than that don't want to get the person in trouble
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    So what is this SW1313 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQyGu4EqZsU

Let's internet

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,049
    Originally posted by Istavaan

Are Lucas allowed to sell the rights for a Star Wars MMO to Bioware and Paradox at the ame time? Cant see it.

I think he/she was suggesting that ea/bioware were not likely to agree to those terms even if it meant using a different ip.  No other mmo developer has agreed to allow somone else to make a competing product at the same time they were developing their own.

Originally posted by zakin
    All this information was given to me from someone that had. Inside knowledge can't say more than that don't want to get the person in trouble

Yes, but what you originally posted isn't possible, at least not the wording that you posted.  Paradox couldn't have had an "exclusive" mmo agreement since 2010, the fact that TOR was under development and still active makes this "exclusivity" impossible.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm not buyin it.
    And besides, LA can't make a game to save their arse.
    If they have any say in the game's development....And I think they've had more say in the previous 2 than what we are being told, the game will be crap anyway.

LA is also very upset with Bioware/EA's handling of SWTOR

That doesn't make sense, since LA has to give approval for anything Star Wars that is made and according to developer blogs, they were constantly keeping eyes on SWTOR's progress from beginning to end.  So, either someone is lying or LA doesn't want to admit they supported an idea that was good on paper, but not as good in practice.

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Paradox does not make MMOs really.  They publish some but they have not made any last time I checked there game list and I check it a lot as a I am a huge Paradox fan and play a lot of their games.

Not saying I do not believe the OP, just do not see this being a true rumor.  Maybe a single player Star Wars game but not an MMO.

Sooner or Later

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Doesn't look like an MMO so the whole EA/BW/SOE thing is kinda moot then isn't it?

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by Istavaan Originally posted by Vegetto Are Lucas allowed to sell the rights for a Star Wars MMO to Bioware and Paradox at the ame time? Cant see it.
    I think he/she was suggesting that ea/bioware were not likely to agree to those terms even if it meant using a different ip.  No other mmo developer has agreed to allow somone else to make a competing product at the same time they were developing their own.

Yeh, infact it's standard for almost all contracts of this type in existence unless they're mugs. What makes it harder to believe is 2010, meaning the performance get-out wouldn't click in.

Only way is if it's a different format, like mobile, browser, MMORTS, etc.

This new Star Wars FFA FL themebox notab targeting ,server finder, not voice acted(so last season) really acted MMORPG needs to be added to his site,NOW.

Let's internet

lets just say bioware did not have all exclusive rights and they do own swtor but not the up if that makes sense and law forced them to go f2p because they were worried about their investment and they meaning ea are contractualy obligated to run swtor for 5 years from launch before they would be allowed to shut it down
  • dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    star wars battlefront the 'MMO. I only buy it if there's a guest appearance of revan like 'yo bomboclat yo'. you know it already. don't even try it and f*ck ya.

lets just say bioware did not have all exclusive rights and they do own swtor but not the up if that makes sense and law forced them to go f2p because they were worried about their investment and they meaning ea are contractualy obligated to run swtor for 5 years from launch before they would be allowed to shut it down

Huh?  no law could force a mmo to go f2p.  Even if bioware somehow doesn't have exclusive rights to a star wars mmo (which I find highly unlikely) that would still mean that paradox doesn't have "exclusive" rights either, thus making the whole issue suspect as that was one of the things claimed in the op.

Huh?  no law could force a mmo to go f2p.  Even if bioware somehow doesn't have exclusive rights to a star wars mmo (which I find highly unlikely) that would still mean that paradox doesn't have "exclusive" rights either, thus making the whole issue suspect as that was one of the things claimed in the op.

lol was suppose to be la as in lucas arts. Damn auto correct
    And paradox has exclusive rights to present a mmo for approval to la they don't have the go ahead to make it yet which basically they have until 2017 to present a mmo to la for approval before they can begin full blown development
  • chilipinchilipin Member Posts: 13
    With STWOR going free to play, they might try but not right now. Maybe if the free to play move is succesfull they surely will.

Come to the World of Magic Earth. http://dragona.sc.gameclub.com

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I think it's entirely possible they have rights to the SW IP. I don't think it's entirely possible that they would build an MMORPG based around the SW IP.

They would need $10 to $50 million dollars to write the game. Their best, and only MMORPG example is Salem. There isn't anything here to indicate that they could write an MMORPG based around the SW IP, and nothing to indicate that they would.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71
    Stop beating the dead horse. How many more SW MMOs can there be after 2 latest ones have been butchered by their producing companies? Old SWG was a really good game, and that's where it should have remained, but Sony had to kill it with carebear changes.

Nefastus - Enclave

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    No but came from a lucas arts employee with knowledge

I doubt that, they sign an NDA, and only persons working on the title would know, if you where NOT part of that team they wouldnt even know. I know this because I work for companys that do this, so they would NOT be any different.

Failed case of trolling here

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Other gaming companies sell rights to more than one company and quite often even the same game so it's possible.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74

yes, there is a new star wars MMO being developed.  Very unique combat, some footage of it leaked to youtube here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXp8T097vjc

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

I'm not buyin it.
    And besides, LA can't make a game to save their arse.
    If they have any say in the game's development....And I think they've had more say in the previous 2 than what we are being told, the game will be crap anyway.

LA is also very upset with Bioware/EA's handling of SWTOR

That doesn't make sense, since LA has to give approval for anything Star Wars that is made and according to developer blogs, they were constantly keeping eyes on SWTOR's progress from beginning to end.  So, either someone is lying or LA doesn't want to admit they supported an idea that was good on paper, but not as good in practice.

1. If there was to be another Star Wars MMO I would keep an eye on it, but I would appoach it with skepticism and my expectations would be far more conservative because the Star Wars brand won't be getting anymore leaps of faith out of me.

2. Yeah I'm sure LA would be pretty unhappy with Bioware/EA since they had the talent, the resouces, the financial support of a high-budget Michael Bay movie, and the golden IP to have an excellent opportunity give Blizzard one hell of a run for its money and it got squandered to make "WoW in Space theme parker"  while they should of been bold and orginal in making an next gen MMO instead of repeating the same mistake which SOE did with the SWG's "NGE" /Rant Off because I could write a few pages of this.

3. All I got to say is "Star Wars prequals" Lucas defend it, would not admitt his mistakes and blames it on the Star Wars fans for ruining Star Wars.